What did you do?

OG Runner

My running this year started a bit slowly. On 09/03/2019, I thought I had a mini-breakthrough and ran at a 10:58 pace
for a 5k. Unfortunately I ran a 4 miler this past Sunday at a 11:22 pace. I am getting my distance in with a 9 mile long
run the Sunday before, but am still carrying a little more weight than I would like. I am signed up for the Marathon in
January and have completed it 3 times in the past.

HouCuseChickie

I figured I'd share since last night was a first...I did about 2.5 mi out in TS Imelda! I've never run (or walked, for that matter) in a named storm before. Not that she was a TS for long, but I was out there when it was. Hey...no lightning, wind or flooding at the time...so it's all good. I was taking it easy since I have a 10k this weekend that I'm really hoping to use for POT, so I took it easy.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
signed up for the TCM 10 mile race in Minneapolis in 2 weeks. Luckily i need 9 that weekend so what's 1 more, right?

I had the same sort of logic for using a local race in my training schedule but then I got injured and had to move my registration down to a shorter distance (as I had only just been ok’d to start running again). The next year I decided to do it with my friend who had stayed in the longer distance race the year before ... my first clue should have been when she told me we’d walk the hills ... she NEVER walks the hills. Three very long very vertical hills ... never done it again. 😂

OG Runner

I had the same sort of logic for using a local race in my training schedule but then I got injured and had to move my registration down to a shorter distance (as I had only just been ok’d to start running again). The next year I decided to do it with my friend who had stayed in the longer distance race the year before ... my first clue should have been when she told me we’d walk the hills ... she NEVER walks the hills. Three very long very vertical hills ... never done it again. 😂

You should run it again. I gave you a good running story. I ran a five miler once in Lawrence, Massachusetts. The course was pretty flat
for most of the race, we took a right turn and I swear it was like we were going up a ski slope. Then at the finish, you could hear the announcer and music, but as we approached we found you need to go another block up, past the finish and come around the block and finish coming to the finish from the other end. Running stories are fun!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You should run it again. I gave you a good running story. I ran a five miler once in Lawrence, Massachusetts. The course was pretty flat
for most of the race, we took a right turn and I swear it was like we were going up a ski slope. Then at the finish, you could hear the announcer and music, but as we approached we found you need to go another block up, past the finish and come around the block and finish coming to the finish from the other end. Running stories are fun!

Not going to happen - I can run the shorter distance with lower hills and get the same bottle of wine at the end 😉

dreamfinder

Bike today.

Where do you live? Not trying to get to personal, but I think it is time for you to hit the roads.
The calibration on many treadmills is not exact and unless you are using the same treadmill
each time, (which you could be), your readings could be off. Get out there and cover some
real distance, without the ground moving under your feet.

Sounds like we are in similar neck of the woods. Enjoy the Smiler on Sunday (assuming that the race you are doing).

Most of my weekday runs are at 5AM on the way to work, so gym it is. No choice on that. Yes, it's the same TM 99.99% of the time. I know TMs aren't ideal, but that's why I throw in the incline, to help offset the cheat from the belt moving. And my body knows about the pace I'm moving at, indoors or out, usually within 10-20 seconds per mile. When I'm traveling and using different machines it's obvious that the pace doesn't match the display.
Weekend runs I try to get outside if the roads are clear, but most of those are pushing the jogger, so more distance than pace.

OG Runner

Bike today.

Sounds like we are in similar neck of the woods. Enjoy the Smiler on Sunday (assuming that the race you are doing).

Most of my weekday runs are at 5AM on the way to work, so gym it is. No choice on that. Yes, it's the same TM 99.99% of the time. I know TMs aren't ideal, but that's why I throw in the incline, to help offset the cheat from the belt moving. And my body knows about the pace I'm moving at, indoors or out, usually within 10-20 seconds per mile. When I'm traveling and using different machines it's obvious that the pace doesn't match the display.
Weekend runs I try to get outside if the roads are clear, but most of those are pushing the jogger, so more distance than pace.

Very cool. Getting in the second half of the Nickel & Dime Challenge. Luckily it won't be 90 degrees with 70% humidity Sunday, as it was
for the Bill Luti 5 miler.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
And this is what I got for my efforts 😉

0EC3F524-B8FF-4097-9F0B-87034CB4E36A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom