What did you do?

OG Runner

Friday - 3.0 coffee run with the girls: 13:46/mi
Sunday - long run, wanted 8 but I keep hitting a physical & mental wall at 5 miles. Did 7.2 @ 13:26/mi

I honestly think I could have done better Sunday, except for the mental walls. My legs feel fine today,
in stark contrast to how I felt after the run yesterday.

HiJe

Ran a very poorly organized 5k over the weekend. Well, was supposed to be a 5k, but the course was so poorly marked, I ended up running a half mile more then I needed to. Still got a good personal time though.

OG Runner

I walked for 3.2 miles on Monday. My right calf is a bit stiff from the Sunday 10 miler. I reffed 3 hours of soccer from 7pm to 10pm
last night. Can't really measure the distance, there are a number of times I am stationary keeping a close eye on the action.

JillC LI

I haven't been as diligent about posting but I'm still diligent about running. People said I would get used to the hills, I would get stronger. Well I hate them more and more every run. I don't feel stronger. I feel more tired and achy. Maybe it won't be as miserable when the weather finally gets cooler here. Sigh.

dreamfinder

1@1@8 then bike.

I haven't been as diligent about posting but I'm still diligent about running. People said I would get used to the hills, I would get stronger. Well I hate them more and more every run. I don't feel stronger. I feel more tired and achy. Maybe it won't be as miserable when the weather finally gets cooler here. Sigh.

Stick to it. Yeah, they suck, but they will help in the long run. (No pun intended)

OG Runner

I ran 6 miles last night, at an overall 12:09 per mile pace. I finally synced my Garmin to my computer. It was great, it not only gave
me the run information, but had a small map of my route on the computer.

Texas84

I still hate hills but I think I am stronger. I always pass lots of people on those WDW overpasses. :)

Texas84

9 Muggy Miles (tm) at sunrise. 75F but nice breeze helped me survive. Why do we even have long term weather forecasts? Earlier in the week I was looking forward to a Saturday run in the low 60s. Instead we hit a record on Friday and a hot, muggy Saturday morning. Oh well, good training for W&D.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
4.6 miles and 2.95 miles yesterday: my contributions to a 9 person relay team around the lake (more than 210 km/131 miles and that was only if you didn’t miss some of the course markers, which at one point or another we all did). I was supposed to run an additional 2.4 miles this morning but the timing of this event was just too soon after the DLP half and I had run the first two legs with a certain level of discomfort which got worse and worse while being in the car for the next 10 hours so one of my teammates ran it instead. She almost did a perfect photobomb on that leg too: we had just parked at the next relay station and one of my teammates was taking a photo of the lake as the sky was starting to lighten - the half second before or after the picture was taken she came running by!

Hats off to the 2-woman team who ran it as an ultra - there was a lot of elevation gain/loss AND it was a moonless night.

And huge thanks to the unknown man in another team who slowed down to run with me to get me out of the forest/fields and onto lit roads when my lamp malfunctioned. I was our first night runner and from that point onwards everyone took a spare lamp just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom