What did you do?

JillC LI

Where are you from? I have kind of the opposite coming up to the Marathon in January. When I ran in 2018, (yes, I wanted the 25th anniversary medal), I was only a little cold standing in the 40 degree temps. I come from New Hampshire and luckily got the last flight
out of Boston before the closed the airport due to a snow storm.
I'm from NY so I know those snowstorms well, but we just moved to Austin, TX this summer so now I'm learning all about HEAT!

dreamfinder

2.45@.5, 1@8:27. 1@8, .45@7:30

Translation = 2.45 miles @ .5 incline, 1 mile @ 8:27 pace, 1 mile @ 8:00 pace .45 mile @ 7:30 pace

We’ve all been around the block with @dreamfinder’s shorthand 😉 ... I think pretty much every one of us has asked him what it means 😂

: ) It's always fun when I throw in random intervals in there, just to make everyone think harder.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
4.8 miles this morning. Wasn’t planning to run so far (was only planning on 3ish) but it was up there among perfect runs - temperature was just right, with the exception of a few seconds stop for one red light, I didn’t need to stop and start, and now that summer is over and all the tourists have left the lakeside was void of hordes of people 😃. DLP here I come 😉

RunningKoen

10M race in the middle of the day, almost no shade on the course, bright sun and 80+F temperatures.

I blew my pace, went too fast, crashed after 6M and finished in 1:34:30.

less than two hours after that, I went for the 3.1M business run with my work. Coached a team of students and they all did very well. I did the 3.1M in 27:30.

unofficial 'Half marathon challenge' in 2:02:00

Texas84

7 Muggy Miles (tm) Saturday, slow. Couldn't get enough air until I turned into the wind. Core Sunday. Felt good today for some reason after not sleeping well and did extra reps.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Bonus gold star for anyone who can decipher this one. ; )

2.5@.5, 6x(1@10,2@7)+1(1@10,1@7)

(I'll translate tmrw)

Hmm. I know that you did 2.5 miles at .5 incline, but I’m not getting your interval distances to add up to 2.5. Unless your intervals were in fact times (6 intervals of 1 minute at 10, 2 minutes at 7 plus 1 interval of 1 minute at 10, 1 minute at 7). That would mean you did 2.5 miles in 20 mins, which is certainly plausible for your speeds (but not mine!)

Me: I ran 2.3 miles tonight in my group run ... we’re back to doing the Old Town and hills (which I’ve come to peace with 😂). My next run will be Friday night at DLP and will earn me a nice shiny Lion medal 😀😀

dreamfinder

2.5@.5@8.

I was told there would be no math.

And I was told there would be chips. Apparently we were both mislead.

Hmm. I know that you did 2.5 miles at .5 incline, but I’m not getting your interval distances to add up to 2.5. Unless your intervals were in fact times (6 intervals of 1 minute at 10, 2 minutes at 7 plus 1 interval of 1 minute at 10, 1 minute at 7). That would mean you did 2.5 miles in 20 mins, which is certainly plausible for your speeds (but not mine!)

Me: I ran 2.3 miles tonight in my group run ... we’re back to doing the Old Town and hills (which I’ve come to peace with 😂). My next run will be Friday night at DLP and will earn me a nice shiny Lion medal 😀😀

DING DING DING. Yup, those were time splits. And hooray for coming to peace with hills.

OG Runner

2.55@.5, pace was 8-7:27, neg splits on the half mile

Where do you live? Not trying to get to personal, but I think it is time for you to hit the roads.
The calibration on many treadmills is not exact and unless you are using the same treadmill
each time, (which you could be), your readings could be off. Get out there and cover some
real distance, without the ground moving under your feet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom