What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That contradicts the entire purpose of this topic. I'm missing you ;-)

Miss you too. ☹️

When are you coming back to WDW? If I remember, you decided against W&D as you're already eligible for Castle to Chateau since you did both the Marathon and Princess races. Marathon again next year?

Texas84

2.5 miles, 78F at 0530. Run was OK but I don't feel 100% right now.

Thought I saw some meteor flashes but could have been wishful thinking. Full moon had set earlier and skies were clear with more stars than usual.

Greenlawler

Well,

It's been a while since I have posted in this thread. I think last time I posted about how I was improving lol.

Well I am starting to resign myself to the fact that all those Disney miles are catching up to me.

I am doing 3-5 miles a day these days, unless it's too hot. Then I am just going on the elliptical for an hour.

Barley running 10 minute miles, in fact running lots of 11 and 12 minute miles these days.

It still makes me sad to think I was a solid 8 minute mile guy just 5 years ago....:(

Anyways hottest day of the year so I am going to the gym, just like yesterday.

Paris is only a few weeks away so gotta get it together.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Well,

It's been a while since I have posted in this thread. I think last time I posted about how I was improving lol.

Well I am starting to resign myself to the fact that all those Disney miles are catching up to me.

I am doing 3-5 miles a day these days, unless it's too hot. Then I am just going on the elliptical for an hour.

Barley running 10 minute miles, in fact running lots of 11 and 12 minute miles these days.

It still makes me sad to think I was a solid 8 minute mile guy just 5 years ago....:(

Anyways hottest day of the year so I am going to the gym, just like yesterday.

Paris is only a few weeks away so gotta get it together.

The good news is fewer people run the DLP races so with times like that you won’t be weaving around people 😉

Don’t hesitate if you have any questions about DLP - happy to help.

RunningKoen

Miss you too. ☹

When are you coming back to WDW? If I remember, you decided against W&D as you're already eligible for Castle to Chateau since you did both the Marathon and Princess races. Marathon again next year?
You're right. Paris finishes my 2019 season.

Marathon 2020 is still an option but on hold because of money.
I'll be back for a 2020 WDW race for sure.

@Greenlawler a lot of people train for Paris with 16 minute miles, so you'll be in the quicker part of the race :)

Greenlawler

Well I was so discouraged the other day, I decided to go back to my first love and run on the treadmill, something I have not done since last December.

Yesterday I was determined to prove I still had some "in the tank". I ran a pretty steady three at 10:30 then the last two at 9:30. So while I am not setting any records I needed that little boost of confidence that I can still run at a "quicker" pace for my age.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Friday PM - did a lazy river 5k at our local pool walking in the water. Great lower-body workout.

............Sunday....was going to do 4 miles with a friend - got 60 seconds into it and heard/felt something POP behind my knee followed by immediate calf pain. Off to the doc today...😬😬😬😬😬😬

Edit: I didn't do any damage. There's a muscle that apparently "popped" over a bone. 48 hour rest and Ice then I'm cleared.

Last edited:

JillC LI

3.5m on the hotel TM Thursday. 7m outdoors in the heat and the hills on Sunday.
I'm a lot slower than I once was too. And the hills and heat in my new neighborhood are definitely not helping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom