What did you do?

dreamfinder

Want random and completely unpredictable intervals? Run with your 4yo on their bike. Go from an all out sprint, to a leisurely jog with some medium pace stuff in the middle at sporadic and random spacings and durations. Did 3.35 that way on Mon, yesterday was 2.35, 2@8:30, .35@8. Today was 1.25@8 then bike.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Want random and completely unpredictable intervals? Run with your 4yo on their bike. Go from an all out sprint, to a leisurely jog with some medium pace stuff in the middle at sporadic and random spacings and durations. Did 3.35 that way on Mon, yesterday was 2.35, 2@8:30, .35@8. Today was 1.25@8 then bike.

Funny, but I was thinking of trying this with my 14 yo. We have now arrived in our 2 week beach holiday destination and it’s a bit too desolate for me to feel comfortable running alone, so I was going to rent her a bike and have her come with me (she HATES running, so having her run with me wouldn’t be an option).

JillC LI

LOL, this is what happens when I try to run with my dog. She either runs much too fast for me to keep up, or she suddenly comes to a dead halt to sniff the grass or a leaf or whatever. It's impossible. I probably should've hired someone to train her to run better with me so I could enjoy her company, but I just never did.

RunningKoen

Funny, but I was thinking of trying this with my 14 yo. We have now arrived in our 2 week beach holiday destination and it’s a bit too desolate for me to feel comfortable running alone, so I was going to rent her a bike and have her come with me (she HATES running, so having her run with me wouldn’t be an option).

To be honest, your 14yo will be better company than @Texas84 4yo or @JillC LI dog.
Your daughter can bike with a constant pace and provide some chit chat.

JillC LI

To be honest, your 14yo will be better company than @Texas84 4yo or @JillC LI dog.
Your daughter can bike with a constant pace and provide some chit chat.
This is true. I always loved running while my husband and kids biked (but mine were older than @dreamfinder 's). And my dad accompanied me on his bike for all my long weekend runs when I was training for the NYC Marathon. It was a special bonding time.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ran 2.8 miles this morning.

Was supposed to be an organized group run where I am staying on vacation - asked questions last night about the speed, distance, etc and was assured that this was a « for everyone » run and that no one is left behind, the group leader stays with the slower runners, etc. NOT. I asked again this morning and was told that it’d be about 50 minutes long and about 8.5 km (so more than 5 miles). I then said to the group that this was probably out of my league but was encouraged by the leader to stay. After a full mile of me trailing a good distance behind the others (as in more than a tenth mile behind) while still running an under 10 minute mile pace (which is WAY faster than my average 12 min/mile pace) the group leader finally came back to me so that I could then let him know I was turning around and running my own training (which was only suppposed to be 2-3 miles as an easy pace). I have no problem accepting being a slower runner but I get very peeved when a group run is supposed to be “inclusive of all paces” and in fact is not. What peeved me the most is that I would never have gone on that route on my own (deserted country road) and did so in the beginning thinking I wouldn’t be alone 😕.

Rant over 😀. It’s a lovely day out and I’m going to go take a walk along the beach before my DD comes back and I have to be a mom again 😉

RunningKoen

Ran 2.8 miles this morning.

Was supposed to be an organized group run where I am staying on vacation - asked questions last night about the speed, distance, etc and was assured that this was a « for everyone » run and that no one is left behind, the group leader stays with the slower runners, etc. NOT. I asked again this morning and was told that it’d be about 50 minutes long and about 8.5 km (so more than 5 miles). I then said to the group that this was probably out of my league but was encouraged by the leader to stay. After a full mile of me trailing a good distance behind the others (as in more than a tenth mile behind) while still running an under 10 minute mile pace (which is WAY faster than my average 12 min/mile pace) the group leader finally came back to me so that I could then let him know I was turning around and running my own training (which was only suppposed to be 2-3 miles as an easy pace). I have no problem accepting being a slower runner but I get very peeved when a group run is supposed to be “inclusive of all paces” and in fact is not. What peeved me the most is that I would never have gone on that route on my own (deserted country road) and did so in the beginning thinking I wouldn’t be alone 😕.

Rant over 😀. It’s a lovely day out and I’m going to go take a walk along the beach before my DD comes back and I have to be a mom again 😉

But you did nearly 3 miles anyway and you ran a quick pace. See it as an unconventional suprise speedtraining.
I don't like group runs, usually do a 8 min/mile pace and love exploring long deserted roads to make some miles. I bet we'd be great training partners

@DznyGrlSD Please be carefull! :) I'm just happy to see you back in training, so stay that way.

RunningKoen

10K / 6.2M in 54:53.

Didn't train as well as I should. Need to focus on beginning slower and keeping my heartbeat lower so I don't struggle after 7KM. But it was better than the last 12K I did.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
tempted fate - ran back-to-back days...felt ok with lots of extra stretching in there.

Saturday (outside in 75% humidity) 2.27 @ 13:41/mi with :30/:45 run/walk intervals
Sunday - treadmill - 2 @ 14:59 going from 3.5 to 4.5 walk/run speeds

need to start upping my mileage if I'm going to get to the 10k/half challenge in less than 3 months!! 😬

JillC LI

I keep forgetting to check in. Did 3.5m outdoors early on Thursday. 7m even earlier on Saturday but it nearly killed me with the heat and humidity. Another 3.5m this morning. Even the wee hours of the morning are not cool when you're going up to a high of 105 everyday! :arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom