What did you do?

fractal

Yeah - pollen count here in Central PA is extremely high. Thank goodness for Claritin.

Yesterday I logged 3.5miles of jogging and walked another mile. Going to try and get out again today, supposed to be a hot one.

fractal

well it was a hot one yesterday - upper 80's - today looks like over 90.

I got in about 3.5 miles of jogging and 2miles of a nice walk through the woods.

I'll be at it again today.

fractal

Well the heat just about killed me but I got in another 3.5mile jog and 2mile cool down walk.

Does anybody use and recommend any kind of "recovery drink" after a tough workout?

dreamfinder

Does anybody use and recommend any kind of "recovery drink" after a tough workout?

I use standard lemon-lime Gatorade while running and immediately after. After long runs I also make a fruit smoothie. Some soy protein, soy yogurt, frozen fruit, banana, and some juice. Healthy way to put some calories and protein back in.

Back on topic, today was a 5k, still getting that back to race pace.

Phonedave

Well the heat just about killed me but I got in another 3.5mile jog and 2mile cool down walk.

For hydration purposes - Vitalyte

http://www.vitalyte.com/

It has at various times gone by the names Gookinaid, Hydralyte, and now Vitalyte.

It's still the same product. I like it because it has no extra 'stuff' in it. Quite frankly it is not the best tasting product, but I still use it because it works.

I also eat a banana and maybe throw some protien powder in a glass of milk if I feel like it.

Electrolytes are essential in the hydration equation. Whether you're an athlete, weekend warrior or outdoor enthusiast; sick, pregnant, traveling or just hung-over, you'll need something to combat dehydration. Enter Vitalyte™: a straightforward, simple electrolyte drink that replaces fluids, electrolytes and Vitamin C lost with dehydration.

Vitalytes electrolyte formula hydrates, replenishes, energizes and revitalizes, all while maintaining that perfect electrolyte balance of the four core electrolytes: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. We pay special attention to the dynamic duo: sodium and potassium since these are the first two minerals lost and play the leading role in hydration. Our sodium/potassium balance is the ideal marriage for hydrating thirsty bodies with exactly what they need and nothing they don't. Not too much sodium, not too little potassium and the optimal amounts of calcium and magnesium. And because Vitalyte is made almost entirely of glucose - the only sugar that doesn't have to be digested - it's isotonic which means that it matches to the body's fluids that are being absorbed directly from the stomach into the blood, similar to an IV.
Rapid and effective, Vitalyte has no "extra" unnecessary ingredients to slow you down. Your blood volume increases, your energy is replenished and your thirst is conquered. It's that simple... electrolytes replacing electrolytes. Period. We've done the research. We've done the math. And we feel that we've created the perfect formula for hydration. It's up to you what to do next.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
First post in the thread: Hello all. :wave:

Figured out this week that my recent speed work has made me subconsciously lengthen my stride during normal running. Since I am between half marathons right now, I am doing a smaller workout regiment and start cranking things up in July for the Wine and Dine.

This past week, I have had to stop after 2 miles and stretch my right shin and basically put out the fire in that muscle.

Yes, I did one of the top 10 training mistakes; lengthened my stride. Oy!

Today, I hope to concentrate on short strides. I might even count how many I complete in 60 seconds. From what I understand, it shouldn't be below 80 or Im still striding too long.

fractal

thanks everybody for the suggestions! I'll be doing some homework on them.
I definitely need something for these hot and humid days.

fractal

Today was a glorious day and was a day that reminded me why I like to run (jog). It was 65 degrees and overcast and was a day I felt I could have just kept going. I knocked out 4 miles quick and easy then decide to go another mile - no problem - I walked back to my starting point on the trail and felt I could really go more, so I did. Another 2 mile jog - up and back and still felt great. I may have gone more but had to get home for a party.

So Wednesday in 95 degree/humid weather I was s__________g wind after a sloppy 3.5 mile run but today I felt like Usain Bolt. 7 miles of jogging and another mile or so of walking. I still feel good - no pain, no aches - I feel like I could go out right now for a few miles. Truly a great day on my jogging trail!

fractal

Got up early this this Memorial day morning ( 6:30am) to beat the heat. It was still warm - 75degrees on the way to 92.

I logged 4 miles jogging and walked 2. Didn't feel as good as Friday but not bad. I'm starting to contemplate an attempt at the 10 mile Broad Street Run in Philly next year.

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
Still fighting the sinus/double ear infection, plus our area is under an alert due to heavy smoke from wildfires in Quebec. It's a weird yellow/red color outside and impossible to breathe.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Back on the horse....er....treadmill last night.....did a nice little 5k pace run to get back in the groove after being lazy for almost 2 weeks.

Wilt Dasney

3 miles around the neighborhood yesterday (it struck me while I was out how what was a goal distance that seemed unattainable 5 months ago has become my routine outing now), and some pushups this morning. I'm just getting started on the strength training. My arms are barking right now. :lol:

Shooting for my first 10K in Atlanta on Labor Day, and then my first half marathon at WDW in January. :D

Wilt Dasney

Today was a pretty momentous day: some pushups, 2 miles walking, and...officially registering for the 2011 WDW Half Marathon. *gulp*

Now that I'm financially invested, I know I won't slack off on the training. :lol:

My longest competitive distance so far is 5K, and I'm not much beyond that distance in my regular runs. Lot of ground to cover to get to 13.1!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom