What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Tuesday 5 mile run home in 86 degree heat, bleh not ready for those temps just yet.

Today 6.20 miles in 53 minutes with two half mile hill repeats in there at a 7:15/pace. The hill repeats were more to help my mental game than my physical game, that hill is my nemesis. Its not the longest or steepest hill but I generally have 0 confidence when it comes to running fast on it and if I learned anything from my half a week and a half ago it is to have confidence in myself and my training. The Corporate Challenge is next week and it starts on that hill, I am feeling a little bit better about my chances after today.

atrus79

As promised, ran some rolling hills this morning ...3.33 miles at a 9:52 p/mile pace. A bit higher than I wanted, but with running yesterday too, I expected to be a bit slower today.

JillC LI

I'm baaaack! Had an amazing time in Cali and Disneyland. I'll post a link when I get around to doing a Trip Report on the Disneyland forum. Haven't run for the past week, but my metatarsal pain that I had about a month ago came back full force after 2 days of speed-walking around DCA and DL from 8am to 11pm. Hopefully it will pass again. I'm planning on doing a short run later today to test it out.

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all the current and former members of the Armed Forces, I appreciate your service and sacrifice!
I agree wholeheartedly!

The family ran a local Memorial Day 5k for the volunteer fire department on Saturday. DH and DD(10) got 2nd place in their age groups, DS(6) came in first in the 1k fun run, and I got first place in the ladies Masters. I'm very proud of my family!
That's amazing! Congratulations!

As for your 500 miles feeling small compared to what Nick is doing, everything is relative. We cannot compare ourselves to Nick. He is in a class unto himself! Untouchable.

Sumrdog

Hi everyone, all caught up again! I am pretty close to completely overwhelmed these days between, my two jobs, taking 12 credits a semester to complete my bachelors in nursing, whipping my garden into shape before Farmers Market starts and being a single mom Monday-Friday.However I am still managing to run a little. But starting today no excuses!
I am not going to miss anymore training runs I have the Dumbo with my daughter in August so today I did 3 easy miles...more tomorrow!
Congratulations on everyone's accomplishments and there are some crazy running bad a$$'s in this group...

Texas84

Struggled through 7 hot miles. Yeah, only 7. Thinking about Nick-sensei got me through it. Strong finish though. Final mile was fastest by far. Maybe I just wanted to get it over with. Then I went and cut the grass.

bethram

I muddled through 4.4 miles this morning before heading to my parents house.

I'm beginning to think I need to take a break from running but I have races scheduled and can't. I had always taken summers off of running until last summer, then I had the training leading up to the marathon, now I've got at least one 10k in July, maybe a second, possibly a 15k in September, then ToT in October. Needless to say I'm trying to figure out what to do about my lack of desire to run and the sluggish feeling while running. I don't think the heat and humidity are helping, but they aren't going away any time soon.

JillC LI

Struggled through 7 hot miles. Yeah, only 7. Thinking about Nick-sensei got me through it. Strong finish though. Final mile was fastest by far. Maybe I just wanted to get it over with. Then I went and cut the grass.

I missed two short runs while on vacation last week, but ran 7 miles yesterday as well. I also thought of Nick when I felt sluggish.

Oh and if anyone is interested, here's my Disneyland Trip Report:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-disneyland-and-dca-trip-report.884858/#post-6125031

Texas84

I muddled through 4.4 miles this morning before heading to my parents house.

I'm beginning to think I need to take a break from running but I have races scheduled and can't. I had always taken summers off of running until last summer, then I had the training leading up to the marathon, now I've got at least one 10k in July, maybe a second, possibly a 15k in September, then ToT in October. Needless to say I'm trying to figure out what to do about my lack of desire to run and the sluggish feeling while running. I don't think the heat and humidity are helping, but they aren't going away any time soon.

Seriously, doesn't hurt to just take a week off once in a while. Hang in there.

Sumrdog

Got in 3 miles this morning. My first mile was 9:22-- 00PS! Just took off too quick before I realized that I was NEVER going to maintain that pace and about 1 1/2 miles in my knee reminded me that I have to be SLOW & STEADY.
Came home and did a series of AB exercises. I am doing a 30 day AB challenge via Facebook. I convinced my hubby to do this me.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1426424270959723/
I am doing the same ab challenge!

Kristia

Got in 3 miles this morning. My first mile was 9:22-- 00PS! Just took off too quick before I realized that I was NEVER going to maintain that pace and about 1 1/2 miles in my knee reminded me that I have to be SLOW & STEADY.
Came home and did a series of AB exercises. I am doing a 30 day AB challenge via Facebook. I convinced my hubby to do this me.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1426424270959723/
I saw you post this...I think I am going to do this once my back is totally better. I had a good weekend but did a lot of yardwork so I didn't want to push it with a run too. I am going to try and run tomorrow and see how it goes.
I missed two short runs while on vacation last week, but ran 7 miles yesterday as well. I also thought of Nick when I felt sluggish.

Oh and if anyone is interested, here's my Disneyland Trip Report:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-disneyland-and-dca-trip-report.884858/#post-6125031
I am heading there next!! To your trip report that is..:)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Rested today. Docs orders after running for 500 miles straight, 9 days up and down a mountain. Tendonitis in right leg. On antibiotics just in case of cellulitis, which a couple other racers got. With my nutrition in place and muscle recovery spot on I only lost about 5-6 pounds, and no muscle loss like last year. Just few of the 400+ pics from the last nine days.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom