What did you do?

fmingo36

We are eating at Boma too but I forget what day I booked. I think I booked the day we get down there. Can't wait!

I got reservations for the night after the run. We are doing Animal Kingdom that day and will head over to the resort after the park closes.

I just booked our flights down but haven't booked our flights to come home yet (guess I hoping we get stuck down there-LOL) We are flying in to Tampa to visit with Chris' parent but want to fly back from Orlando so I waiting-hoping Jet Blue will come out with some better prices.

Are you going to MVMCP? We are getting tickets for that on Friday night. Haven't done that in 15 years. So excited!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
@JillC LI Im going to post updates on the thread again. Im not going to start a new thread, just pick up where we left off. That sounds kind of a neat plan.

@fmingo36 Coryna, I swear I remember the day when I shaved 30 seconds off my 1 mile time down to a 10 min mile. To think it all started with that 10k years ago. :)

Hey Jill. Thanks for asking. Everything is fine. I have been on hiatus as of late. No real reason. I logged out of FB indefinitely bc I need a break. Also, I hated how addicting it became when you started realizing how much you refreshed that app and how many times you check it. Nick and I like to call it "Off the Grid" ;) I use to do this on the weekends, and then about 3 weeks ago started doing it during the week. It has been very nice. I was also frustrated on people that would post things, tag you in it, and if you didnt reply/comment fast enough or at all, my phone would get blown up with texts inquiring why etc. That isnt how I want things to be. It has become a requirement to comment or feed a lot of people self narcissism. Sorry for the rant.

I had started this last night and got distracted. Interestingly, what I had typed at home showed up cached when I pulled this up.

SO! Nothing personal to anyone (meaning those friends that have tagged me in stuff on FB and I havent replied or commented), any site or any reason, just trying to greatly reduce my digital time wasted.

Maintaining a descent amount of miles. Giving myself a mental break and physical break of true commitments from a race standpoint. There is a 50 miler in December that i might do in north Alabama. It typically has snow, ice and very cold. So, just chilling till that schedule starts.

KCheatle

I always have high aspirations that I'll get up and run at WDW. I would like to do it eventually. Just to run along the trail between WL and FtW in the peace and quiet before people get up and things get nuts. But, I'm a little afraid that I'd wear myself out too much doing that and then I'd be a drag for my kids. If it wasn't so hot, I'd go in the afternoon while the kids were napping, but I think I'd pass out from the heat and humidity!

Last night I had a great little run. I had wanted to go out after dinner, but then all the neighbors were out and socializing quickly took away my motivation to go run. But, after the kids went to bed I knocked out a quick little 1.5 mile run. I probably would have gone longer except it got really dark, and it wasn't really safe. But, the weather was perfect!

Kristia

I got reservations for the night after the run. We are doing Animal Kingdom that day and will head over to the resort after the park closes.

I just booked our flights down but haven't booked our flights to come home yet (guess I hoping we get stuck down there-LOL) We are flying in to Tampa to visit with Chris' parent but want to fly back from Orlando so I waiting-hoping Jet Blue will come out with some better prices.

Are you going to MVMCP? We are getting tickets for that on Friday night. Haven't done that in 15 years. So excited!
No, we aren't doing the party. We did it a couple years ago. I think I preferred the Halloween party so we figured we would save the money this time. We are running the 5k the next morning so I also didn't want to be staying up all night for the party! I haven't booked flights yet. Will probably fly Southwest out of Philly. They hadn't released rates last time I checked. I think they were going to release on May 19th so I will have to check soon.

fmingo36

No, we aren't doing the party. We did it a couple years ago. I think I preferred the Halloween party so we figured we would save the money this time. We are running the 5k the next morning so I also didn't want to be staying up all night for the party! I haven't booked flights yet. Will probably fly Southwest out of Philly. They hadn't released rates last time I checked. I think they were going to release on May 19th so I will have to check soon.

Dates/rates were extended on Monday. Flights I was looking at are already sold out.

atrus79

After a freak injury involving a prop falling off the wall and onto my foot at a local restaurant and traveling last week, I finally got back on the wagon again. 3.15 miles with a pace of 9:31 p/mile ... I'll take it after being out of service for a couple weeks. :D

LindsayLoves

Back to the grind yesterday with a four mile progression run starting at 8:53/mi and working down to 8:05 (the plan was for four easy miles but it felt so good I kept going faster) and then 5 miles today pretty evenly paced at 8:40/mi. I won't be "in training" for anything until mid-June when marathon training picks up, it will be nice to just run for kicks for the next month or so, with a few short races sprinkled in.

@Donald Duck - All the best for the 500 miler. We're all rooting for you over here.

@joel_maxwell - Thanks for checking in, I think we all totally get where you're coming from with the need to disconnect every once in a while and re-prioritize.

Also we just rented points for our stay for marathon weekend in January. Let the obsessive type A planning commence!

Kristia

@fmingo36 - I was just checking Southwest out of Philly. Geez! I can't believe a lot of the non-stops are sold out and the ones that aren't are ridiculously priced. Where do you fly from? I was thinking of trying Frontier out of Trenton/Mercer. We would save a few hundred dollars flying from there. If we want to drive all the way to Baltimore, we could save about $400. Our other option is Amtrak but the idea of being in coach for 22 hours kills me. We did it once and I swore we wouldn't do it again!

fmingo36

According to Mrs. Machine via FB this morning--"Nick completed his 40 mile loop in 2:40 and left for 50 miles at 7am"

I guess it rained on them all night. Here's hoping for some better weather for him today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom