What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
According to Mrs. Machine via FB this morning--"Nick completed his 40 mile loop in 2:40 and left for 50 miles at 7am"

I guess it rained on them all night. Here's hoping for some better weather for him today.
Did you get my text Coryna? We need to get the thread going.

JillC LI

Leaving for California at 4:30am tomorrow. Will visit relatives, do the Hollywood thing with the kids, and finally hit Disneyland on Tuesday and Wednesday. I can't wait to see DCA and DL for the first time! Going for an 8 mile run this afternoon, and then plan to take off from running for a week. It's my annual week off :)

I'm gonna try to check in from time to time to see Nick's progress at McNaughton while I'm away! Thanks for posting updates Joel.

Kristia

Bummed that I am missing Spring Lake 5 Miler today. I have been having off and on back issues lately. Thought it was getting better but it flared up last night. There was no way I could do 5 miles today. When I stand straight my right hip is way higher than the due to my spine curving. Ugh. Lots of pt exercises and manipulations in my future.

fmingo36

Taught an hour of yoga this morning and got in a 3.27 mile run this afternoon. I think my watch was off though. It says I had a 10:07 pace but I know I wasn't running at that speed.

Bummed that I am missing Spring Lake 5 Miler today. I have been having off and on back issues lately. Thought it was getting better but it flared up last night. There was no way I could do 5 miles today. When I stand straight my right hip is way higher than the due to my spine curving. Ugh. Lots of pt exercises and manipulations in my future.

Sorry to hear you are having back problems. There is nothing worse than our mind wanting to go and our body saying" I don't think so". Hope you are lacing up the sneakers again soon!

Texas84

Practice 10K this AM, easy 10-minute pace. My routine is messed up after WDW (gained 3 lbs) but felt really strong. Chick-fil-A 10K on Monday. Series race 5 of 6.

Oh, and add 2 hours of yard work. :)

bethram

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all the current and former members of the Armed Forces, I appreciate your service and sacrifice!

A rough 4.5 miles this morning, but I was thankful to have the ability to get out and run so I did it.

The family ran a local Memorial Day 5k for the volunteer fire department on Saturday. DH and DD(10) got 2nd place in their age groups, DS(6) came in first in the 1k fun run, and I got first place in the ladies Masters. I'm very proud of my family!

I've hit 500 miles for the year, which seems so small realizing that Nick is trying to run that in just 10 days.

Kristia

@fmingo36 - I ended up buying tickets on Spirit out of Atlantic City. I swore I would never fly Spirit after the last time but the price was cheaper than Frontier (seems they went up overnight for the flights we wanted) and it is way more convenient for us. When I went to choose seats, there was hardly any left, so I am glad I bought and didn't wait to see if the price would come down further!

Still nursing the bad back but yesterday it felt a lot better. I think I will take this week off running and just do my strengthening exercises. I have another race in 3 weeks so I hope to be healed by then!

Texas84

Chick-fil-A 10K in Macon GA today. Knew this one was going to be hilly so just trying to finish for points in the series. A whole 6 minutes off my PR. Really took it slow. Great turnout, finished 4th in my age group. Final race is next week on my home turf and it is FLAT. Going for the PR.

dreamfinder

This year and shorter distance races just aren't going good together. Lost time, 1/2 mile short course, and now a chip time that was way to friggin fast. Did a 5k Sun, reported gun time looked good, about a second or two off from my watch (started about 5 feet behind the start line), but the chip time they gave me was over a minute faster. So gun that was 3 or 4 seconds off my PR, and chip that was over a minute better. Meh. Just want to get some accurate results in soon.

Sat was 5 mi of hills on the TM, Sun was 10.1 miles, 7@ 7:53 pace, than a 21:10 5k to finish. Today was mile, then 2 1/2 miles @ 6:00 pace.

OG Runner

I had a similar situation. My sons ran a 5k with me. Usually a well organized affair, but one son came through and his time was not even recorded, my second son came through and his time looked accurate, but he did not show up in the finishing photos. My son whose time was not showing in the results not only was announced, but he did show up on the photos. Try figuring that out.

bethram

Hills day, 4.1 miles at 9:13 pace. I think I'm getting used to the hot and humid summer weather but I still don't like it. Now off to drink my weight in water....

OG Runner

I wish I had some hot summer weather. I reffed, (soccer), last night. It rained almost from the beginning with the temps never getting over 50. Welcome to the Northeast!

LindsayLoves

Hills day, 4.1 miles at 9:13 pace. I think I'm getting used to the hot and humid summer weather but I still don't like it. Now off to drink my weight in water....

We hit 85 yesterday in NYC, which was right at the time of my run. Hitting 9:30s felt tough, too tough. Glad to see we are back down to the 60s today, I am just not ready for the heat and humidity just yet. I can get acclimated to the cold but never really feel "comfortable" in the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom