What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
10.66mi yesterday and 11.09mi this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well with their running. :wave:
You too. I think I might have hit a little lull point. It might be that we have a lot going on right now and I am missing the mental aspect of it.

I need to refocus my thoughts and mentally get energized and quick. I have 12 miles this Saturday and the normal weekly routine.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You too. I think I might have hit a little lull point. It might be that we have a lot going on right now and I am missing the mental aspect of it.

I need to refocus my thoughts and mentally get energized and quick. I have 12 miles this Saturday and the normal weekly routine.

I'll second that Joel. Lately my head has not been into it. Totally unfocused and struggling. I feel like I am just going through the motions, which is what I do not want to do. Heading out for 10, 15 or 20+ miles used to clear my head and I felt re-energized. But now, it is so monotinous. I think it's time to do some XT and different routes.

joel_maxwell

I'll second that Joel. Lately my head has not been into it. Totally unfocused and struggling. I feel like I am just going through the motions, which is what I do not want to do. Heading out for 10, 15 or 20+ miles used to clear my head and I felt re-energized. But now, it is so monotinous. I think it's time to do some XT and different routes.
Tha sounds like a plan. I think Ill find a different route for my 6 miles today via mapmyrun and the eye in the sky.

Let's hope this passes soon. Im about to enter the very large and hard section of my training with a lot of miles per week and nothing below 13 miles on the weekend.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Tha sounds like a plan. I think Ill find a different route for my 6 miles today via mapmyrun and the eye in the sky.

Let's hope this passes soon. Im about to enter the very large and hard section of my training with a lot of miles per week and nothing below 13 miles on the weekend.

Welcome to the pain club! Either Friday or Saturday, depending on how my body feels; 30 miler. yay.

Good luck Joel and Happy Gobbler to everyone :wave:

AUPr8Hd

No run for me today :(

However, I did get my new shoes (Brooks Infiniti 2) and Balega's:sohappy: I love me some runningwarehouse.com :)

Happy Thanksgiving! If anyone is running a Turkey Trot tomorrow, Good Luck!

joel_maxwell

[/B]

Welcome to the pain club! Either Friday or Saturday, depending on how my body feels; 30 miler. yay.

Good luck Joel and Happy Gobbler to everyone :wave:
This afternoon it was 63 but felt like 83 or 93. Man it was hot. My average HR was 174 and max at 183 (big hill) over 6 miles.

7:53 average, but it felt a little slower.

I am determined to kick on the long run Saturday. Mentally and physically.

Happy Thanksgiving. Dont eat too much of the sweet stuff.

[Double Post from Steve's thread on Asics]
Any familiar with a program that buys back running shoes. I have seen discounts up to 10% off if you bring in your old shoes.

I would like to get rid of my Mizuno Inspires. For a cushioning shoe, they sure dont have much cushion. They feel very hard once I get into mile 2 and up.

Phonedave

12 miles this am. 30 degrees. First really really cold run. Definitely more O2. :D

1:33:17. I got some motivation back.

Yeah, it was brisk today. 27 Degrees this morning, and the wind coming off the river was not helping the matter.

Only did 3.20 miles this morning. Knee is still a bit off. It does not really hurt but it changes my gait, which then causes OTHER parts of the knee to hurt. That and my watch died since I forgot to charge it.

Off to a warmer climate tomorrow. I'll see how well running the 1/2 goes. Weather prediction right now is low 75 high 82

-dave

joel_maxwell

Yeah, it was brisk today. 27 Degrees this morning, and the wind coming off the river was not helping the matter.

Only did 3.20 miles this morning. Knee is still a bit off. It does not really hurt but it changes my gait, which then causes OTHER parts of the knee to hurt. That and my watch died since I forgot to charge it.

Off to a warmer climate tomorrow. I'll see how well running the 1/2 goes. Weather prediction right now is low 75 high 82

-dave
Good luck Dave. I wish I could run that thing too.

yes, I had some weird unexpected sharp knee pain right on the inside of my patella. It was bad. I ran about 100 yards with it and had to walk. I figured out that it wasnt feeling any better walking so I decided to run again. Stubborn, but I just cant quit. About another 1/2 mile it worked it self out, but once I stopped at 12 miles and walked about 200 meters, I tried to light jog up to the house and it about collapsed. I have an ice date tonight on it.

joel_maxwell

Wow thats quick! Nice work! How long have you been running?
I started running for a 10K last November 1 and merged into a half training by December (race was in February). I guess it has been about 13 months now.

Thanks Steve.

Beth and I did a personal best on distance on Sunday, we made 12.5 miles. :)
Excellent. Doesnt it feel empowering to say on any given day you can go rip 12.5 miles since that is your farthest now? Way to go and congrats. Keep it up.

Texas84

11.4 yesterday. Temp was 33 when I started with shorts and 2 shirts. Stamina was excellent but my left knee started to act up at 6 miles. I was able to work it loose and finish with a decent time but I'm still a bit wobbly today. Steadily getting better. Have to do a 12.5 and 14 on Galloway's plan before the big January race.

Wilt Dasney

12 miles in 2:14 yesterday. This was a "stepback" week on the long run, so I actually ran this distance the first time 5 weeks ago. What a difference! I don't feel the least bit stiff today, whereas the first time I did 12 it was a challenge to walk the next day.

I'm coming up on my second-heaviest week of the training program...36 miles, with 18 on the weekend. Nervously excited. :)

joel_maxwell

12 miles in 2:14 yesterday. This was a "stepback" week on the long run, so I actually ran this distance the first time 5 weeks ago. What a difference! I don't feel the least bit stiff today, whereas the first time I did 12 it was a challenge to walk the next day.

I'm coming up on my second-heaviest week of the training program...36 miles, with 18 on the weekend. Nervously excited. :)
I know the feeling. Good luck. *thumbs up*

Question to the gallery: Hal Higdon says to run your long runs at 1-2 minutes per mile slower than your race pace. That training too hard can be detrimental. I would never question someone of this expertise (Jeff Galloway included) but for argument sake, I have always had the thinking that you play like you practice. How can one run a 9-10 minute mile on their long runs but then expect to run an 8 minute mile race day? I train to run very solid and strong. I push myself up incline to build my threshold and work on a consistent speed on the flats. 2 times a week on my routine runs, I will just go jog it. Not push at all. That middle routine run during the week, Ill push more like I do on my Saturday long runs.

Can someone tell me what he means?

Wilt Dasney

I know the feeling. Good luck. *thumbs up*

Question to the gallery: Hal Higdon says to run your long runs at 1-2 minutes per mile slower than your race pace. That training too hard can be detrimental. I would never question someone of this expertise (Jeff Galloway included) but for argument sake, I have always had the thinking that you play like you practice. How can one run a 9-10 minute mile on their long runs but then expect to run an 8 minute mile race day?
Thanks!

I've only done 2 races competitively, but I was surprised by how much faster I ran on race day than in training during my 10K. As I recall, it was in the neighborhood of a minute faster per mile. I can't blame it on easier terrain either, because the race terrain was brutal. I guess I just reached a mental place I never did during training, maybe tapped some race day adrenaline, and ran off of that. Maybe that's the kind of thing Hal expects most runners to experience? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom