What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Atlanta invested in more plows and sand/salt trucks after our ice week in 2011 but they couldn't do much this time because of the gridlock. I need to upload the pictures I took of the difference in conditions on Tuesday afternoon in gridlock and Wednesday morning when the highways were empty. Maybe after my shower :)
Key phrase.... "Atlanta invests". Birmingham does not do things like that.

Texas84

Restarted Power 90 yesterday. This time I'm adding it to my running instead of substituting. I'm a little sore this morning. Planning on the usual four days of running and six days of Power 90. But only level 1-2. Just to get some more muscle groups involved.

JillC LI

Shovelled about 6" of wet heavy snow (including the ice boulders the plow made at the base of my driveway) then ran 4.5 miles on the TM. The kids already built one 6 foot snowman and are trying to build one even bigger now! At least THEY are enjoying this snow day. I've had enough. More snow coming tomorrow night. Sigh.

bethram

I was planning to do Power 90 Sculpt 1-2 this morning but couldn't find the DVD, so I figured I could do the 3-4 DVD I could find. Then I couldn't find the remote - we've recently rearranged the playroom and den where I work out and the remote was no where to be found. I ended up doing 1-2 from memory, but I feel like I forgot a couple of either the back or shoulder exercises. Interesting way to start the day :rolleyes:

Texas84

Back on the T-W-Th morning runs. 3 miles in a light rain with shorts! Can't remember the last time I was able to run with shorts. Signed up for a 15K this weekend. Also e-filed my taxes so I should have the 2015 Dopey money in time for registration. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
3 hours running through shin deep snow. Heart rate peaked the entire time.

Fell off the side of a steep hill/mini cliff and jacked my wrist.

Kept going.

Do you want more pain? Yes please.

LindsayLoves

Planned - 400 x 8 @5k pace

Actual - 5 easy miles @ 8:56/mi. With the snow remaining from yesterday I was just glad to get a run in, all the usual haunts for speedwork are still snow covered so I decided to get some miles in before tomorrow's snow. Going to get in the 400s or at least a tempo run by the end of the week.

@Donald Duck - you are a better man than most and must have the most understanding spouse in the world (If I told my husband I fell off a hill, let alone a mini cliff, some changes would be made to my running route/routine)

JillC LI

3.5 miles of speedwork on the TM this morning. Kids have delayed opening at school as does my job because of the ice storm. When will this winter end?

Mr mom

Loved your pics Joel, that would be considered a sprinkle here but then again we are used to it and have snow tires etc. I remember being in Atlanta once talking to a lady who told me a snowflake is enough to cause panic. That being said I am sick and tired of snow, we are getting another 12 inches tonight, 3rd Wednesday in a row we have had a snowstorm, ugh, where is spring. 8.1 miles yesterday and 10.2 today. Not sure what I will get done tomorrow, depends on how bad things are after the storm.

JillC LI

Loved your pics Joel, that would be considered a sprinkle here but then again we are used to it and have snow tires etc. I remember being in Atlanta once talking to a lady who told me a snowflake is enough to cause panic. That being said I am sick and tired of snow, we are getting another 12 inches tonight, 3rd Wednesday in a row we have had a snowstorm, ugh, where is spring. 8.1 miles yesterday and 10.2 today. Not sure what I will get done tomorrow, depends on how bad things are after the storm.

I "Liked" your post out of sympathy and commiseration.

bethram

4.2 @ 8:57 this morning on my speed day. I altered my route a tad to hit the hill I usually run 4 times on Wednesdays to make up for running on the treadmill yesterday.

LindsayLoves

Yesterday - 0 miles - when I have to be at work at 3-4am to plow I give myself the day off from exercise - I shoveled plenty of that arm busting snow Jill spoke about earlier to make up for it.

Today:
Planned - 4 miles at 1/2 marathon pace-8:23

Actual - 4.38mi @8:16. I love a slow start but this forced me to run at race pace from the get go which was a new challenge for me, the first mile felt a bit tougher than it should but after that I was able to get into a steady groove

Mr mom

I liked it because yall MTFU when it snows and life goes on. I did the same last week... and I just cant stand when people use the weather as an excuse. Especially when 3 days later it was 60... and people still said, "Be careful of black ice you know". OMG, its 60 outside.
Folks at work think I am nuts to run in the crap but if I didn't I would not get much running in.

Mr mom

We did not get as much snow as predicted the other day, only 6 inches but the plowing was crappy. Snow drifts in some places packed snow and ice in others made for a fun run yesterday, still did 7.5 miles though. Today was better but slippery as we had close to an inch of fluffy snow making it slick. did another 7.6 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom