What did you do?

imagination30

so I think joel will agree with me Alabama and the south isn't suppose to be this cold , so im ready for summer ... , but any way I layerd up and went for a run today. my second run after getting back from Disney a month ago.. , but I did 5.55 , with a mile pace of 5.74 . and a av. of 10.26 , but running in to thew wind was burtal .. but getting off on the side roads though the subdivision , was quite warm.. and felt good! lol!, but I have 2 halfs coming up in april .. so lets do this .. and after that im going to amp up and start my marathon training!

LindsayLoves

12 easy miles in 1:50. Had to take advantage my day off and sunny but still cold weather to get my run in. At this point I am down to a tank and a long sleeve over with temps in the mid-20s (full disclosure... I was freezing my tush off the second the run was done with the sweat I had accumulated, took the bus 13 blocks home over walking it). I will still take this over 95 humid any day.

Kristia

Did a nice easy 3 miles today. Looking forward to a Chilly Willy 5k tomorrow put on by a local running club. It is held at a YMCA camp so it is a partial trail run/partial road run. It was one of my favorite races last year since it had just snowed and the woods were beautiful. The turnout wasn't so great with the weather but it was a race I won't forget. Tomorrow won't be as pretty but still hoping for a nice race!

JillC LI

Still snow and ice around but the roads are mostly down to the blacktop, and I couldn't bear the thought of another 7 miles on the TM. So I bundled up and figured I'd carefully stick to the neighborhood streets. Wasn't too bad - just a few icy snow compacted areas to navigate where the street wasn't safe. About half way through I passed an unknown female runner going the opposite way, and she put up her hand for high five as she approached me and yelled "Up high" and we high fived. Really cool. Got me pumped for the next mile.

bethram

I ran 20.1 @ 9:59 pace morning thinking it wouldn't be too bad because the 18.4 I ran last week wasn't bad. I was wrong! I ran the route I'd planned to last week and the hills were LONG and plentiful. It made the last third of my run, back on familiar ground, rough. I'm definitely sore today and I'm really glad I had an appointment with my chiropractor this morning. Hopefully the hills will become easier as I run them more and I can shave some time off my pace.

LindsayLoves

4.35 mile recovery run after my 12 yesterday @ 8:51 pace. Today was a good indicator that this training plan is going well, I had to slow myself down quite a bit because my legs felt so good and light.

Jill - I am glad to hear that you have made your return to running outdoors and were rewarded with a random act of awesomeness along the way.

Kristia

Had a good Chilly Willy 5k run today. Last year, I won my age group (since there was only 2 of us due to weather). Today there were a lot more people and I wasn't able to place. If I had been racing with the 20-29 group rather than the 40-49 group, I could have place! Go figure.... Anyway, I was very happy with my time of 30:49 since I was able to keep each mile just under 10 min which is great for me!

Mr mom

another inch and a half of snow, ugh just enough to make everything slippery and hard to run on. Pulled out 8.2 miles but now both knees are stiff and sore from this snow running. I have had enough of this winter it really needs to go away. If I don't soon get more than two days in a row of bare pavement I am going to go out of my mind. time for some ibuprofen

JillC LI

another inch and a half of snow, ugh just enough to make everything slippery and hard to run on. Pulled out 8.2 miles but now both knees are stiff and sore from this snow running. I have had enough of this winter it really needs to go away. If I don't soon get more than two days in a row of bare pavement I am going to go out of my mind. time for some ibuprofen

Yeah, I was surprised at how sore I was the day after a mere 7 mile run outdoors but realized it must have been from using different muscles to navigate over icy patches.

@Kristia, glad you had fun in your 5K. How funny that you would have placed among the 20-29 year olds!

Kristia

They are calling for another large storm to hit us on Wed/Thurs. I am with you! Winter needs to be gone now. It has really overstayed its welcome!

bethram

Atlanta has closed down again! I live in one of the northern counties so we are actually getting snow right now but just south of us where my school is located they are getting rain. The counties canceled school for today and tomorrow yesterday afternoon before school got out. The snow/rain mix is supposed to turn into an ice storm tomorrow.

I'll get off my butt in a bit and do my normal Tuesday sculpting, hopefully I can find the missing remote to the dvd player and workout with Tony. If not I'll do what I can from memory. I'll definitely be on the treadmill Wednesday and Thursday morning as I don't want to run in the ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom