What did you do?

LindsayLoves

4.34 mi @ 8:42 average.

Haven't run the last two days because of snow, day one because it was snowing and super slick out and day two because I woke up at 2am, worked 12 hours plowing and shoveling snow and figured it was against me better judgement to try to squeeze in a run. Most of what I ran was down to the pavement but there was plenty of compacted snow running today which made things pretty interesting. I think I might be getting used to these single digit wind chills... :cool:

6laurac

Miles and miles all alone out in the bush. Shin deep snow made for good leg burning. Happy joy!

Stopping for coffee at my aid station /car before heading back out
View attachment 44248

Trudging deep in the woods. All alone ;-)
View attachment 44249
Be careful all alone!

7 miles this week, trying to maintain at least 10-15 per week as my resolution for 2014

bethram

6.3 this morning at 9:12 pace. When I went to bed last night it was supposed to be 20 degrees at run time. When I got up this morning it was 10 :eek:

LindsayLoves

10.5 miles in 1:35. Only had about three miles without wind blowing in my face, the worst being the haul over the Queensborough Bridge, I am pretty sure the running gods were trying to push me back towards Manhattan the wind was so strong. Got it done and hopefully the snow will ease up for the next few weeks so I can get all of my scheduled runs in, got only 3 of 5 in this week.

Texas84

5 miles this morning. It was 18 when I woke up so I waited until it hit 30. I don't remember side winds messing with me that much. I was getting pushed off the road.

Mr mom

Been of the grid for a week, not feeling well and did not want to be reminded of all the running I have not been doing. I hope to get back at it this week, seems like these breaks are happening more often as I get older, lol
I do want to send out a big congrats to all our racers out there and I want to single out Joel for his first 50 mile plus week. It is not the 50 plus week that bothers you, it is the repeated 50 plus weeks that get you, unless of course you are Nick.... congrats dude

JillC LI

Lots of ice outside so did my 7 miles on the TM today. Time passed pretty quickly while watching Thursday and Friday episodes of General Hospital :) Kudos to all of you out there in the bitter cold. And @joel_maxwell, that's quite an accomplishment.

Off now to DS's basketball game then to DD's swim meet.

bethram

4.2 this morning at 9:05 pace. 10 degrees Saturday morning, 30 yesterday, 45 today and then we're under a winter weather watch for Wednesday. Atlanta is confused!

JillC LI

Lots of ice outside so did my 7 miles on the TM today.

Well the foot pain is back this morning. I did wear 2" wedge boots all day on Saturday that I don't wear often, so even though I did not have pain in the ball of my foot on Sunday, and I did run 7 miles on the TM on Sunday, I am more inclined to attribute the pain to the boots (because I ran on the TM shorter runs all last week with no problem). Gonna avoid the boots and see if the pain comes back.

Hope you feel better @Mr mom.

diddy_mouse

Well, looks like I have to wait to register for a race until after we move. Stupid finances. :( In the meantime I'll build up more strength and mileage. For a little motivation I pulled up my results from the 10K I did and was still happy with that pace/time. Also still proud that I did that race. :happy:

JillC LI

Boy they weren't kidding when they said the temperature would drop precipitously this afternoon. I think it dropped about 10° during my 5 mile run outdoors! It's rare that I get colder as I run instead of warmer. Wind was brutal and biting.

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - totally felt the same thing, the sun went away and the temp just plummeted.

Planned - 4 miles easy

Actual - 4.26 mile @ 8:37 (oops) legs were tired from the strength workout yesterday and I only felt like I was going faster than an easy pace the last mile or so when I dropped down to 8:27. It was positively balmy at 32 degrees with a feels like of 21. Tomorrow's high - 18

bethram

30 miles through slush and snow. This was a tough one. Lots of hills, sliding back and felt like i was not getting anywhere. Full body plant after tripping on a root. Forced myself to bonk and run through it. Feet soaked and frozen from start to finish. It was a good day ;-)
You're insane! Keep it up :)

a2grafix

Traveled back to Ohio to see the family, the cold and the snow. During my stay, on Saturday went to the local fitness club and ran 3 miles on an indoor track. For a mile it was 12 laps. Ran 36 laps in about 27 minutes. Pretty fast for indoors. Felt great, first set of mileage after the previous weekend's half marathon in Baton Rouge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom