What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I thought Id check in since it has been about a week. Missed the BUTS bearly ultra and worked it. Ran that Sunday night and PF flared up about 30 minutes in. So, I decided Id take a week off. This is what I have done since last Sunday.

- Swam, pool run, fins and kick board
- Lifted weights
(repeat for 6 days)

Somewhere in the middle of all this rehab for Plantar Fascitus, or more specifically, last thursday night, I was watching a movie while icing my heel/arch. I got so into the movie, I lost track of time. I ended up getting a severe frosy burn on my heel and yesterday I could even walk on it. It was badly swollen and red. Today is better, and tomorrow will be greater, but deadgum, as I told Nick over text well before this, I am a train wreck right now. :D

Monday, we test the foot in new shoes. I truly think 2 foot problems in 1 month on both feet has to be shoe related. Ive never had foot problems.

Anyway... Nobody got time for PF. Seriously!

JillC LI

Was awake watching Airplane with the family until 1am last night but couldn't force my body to sleep late this morning. So while the rest of the family slept, I got up and ran 5 miles. Beautiful 45° out so I didn't even mind the rain (although it would have been easier to see if I'd worn my contact lenses instead of my glasses).

@joel_maxwell feel better quick!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Was awake watching Airplane with the family until 1am last night but couldn't force my body to sleep late this morning. So while the rest of the family slept, I got up and ran 5 miles. Beautiful 45° out so I didn't even mind the rain (although it would have been easier to see if I'd worn my contact lenses instead of my glasses).

@joel_maxwell feel better quick!
Thanks Jill.

I have been off work for 10 days total as of this Thursday... and I have caught up on years of sleep. Sleeping till 8am everyday is heavenly.

Sumrdog

I took my five year old skiing yesterday...By the time I had pulled him up to the kiddie lift, picked him up out of the snow about 15 times and controlled his descent with my quads for a few runs I was exhausted...
It's dumping snow, I guess I will hit the TM (ugh) for an hour or so while the kids swim and then it's sledding time!
I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!
11 days until Disney World!!!!!!
And @joel_maxwell sorry about your foot trouble, I hope it gets better soon.

a2grafix

@JillC LI, on the fifth day of Christmas, ran 5 miles down and back along the Gulf of Mexico in about an hour in 50 degree temp, partly cloudy skies, along Gulf Boulevard on Navarre Beach, Fla.

Getting used to relaxing and doing nothing and running on the gulf coast of Florida.

Last edited:

Kristia

@joel_maxwell - I have had some issues with PF too although nothing debilitating. Do you stretch your foot before you get up in the morning? What helped me was before you even hit the floor in the morning roll your foot with a roller or on a tennis ball or frozen water bottle. Gotta break up the scar tissue that forms overnight while your foot isn't moving.

@JillC LI - My run went pretty good, thanks for asking! It was the "Dashing Through the Sand" 5k in Avalon, NJ. NIce small race in memory of a young man who was the killed by a drunk driver. It was an up and back right on the beach. Ran it in about 31:40 which isn't my best 5k time but not bad for running on the beach and still being full of Christmas goodies!

I also got an awesome present from my hubby this Christmas! We are taking a non-Disney vacation for my birthday. I saw some really good deals just before the holiday on winter vacations to Iceland! He was originally planning a possible Disney vacation but then I mentioned the Iceland deal and he gave me a choice between the two. I am going to have to get a run or two in while I am there just to be able to say I ran in Iceland!

JillC LI

I did 13 miles today in 2:32! Can I really run a half-marathon? Why, YES! I can! Hello, taper week!!

We KNEW you could do it!

Waaaaay coool gift @Kristia! I've never been to Iceland but have friends who went there. Will you see the puffins? Nice job on your beach run. Did Dan enjoy it?

I appreciate the serenade @a2grafix :)

@Sumrdog, after skiing like that with my daughter last year, I had no desire to do it again. Sure was a good workout though. I'd rather stick to running frankly.

bethram

6.4 miles at 9:12 pace this morning, it was a nice morning except for all the cars. I'm really beginning to see the advantage of running at 4:30 am now so I don't have to deal with a with a whole bunch of people leaving for work. I had originally planned on running about 10 miles this morning until I thought it through and realized I would have to leave my neighborhood via a street that doesn't have a sidewalk and decided it wasn't a smart idea.

Mr mom

A very slushy, icy 8.4 miles. My feet got drenched in icy cold puddles and I had the pleasure of slipping on ice to boot. My feet were numb when I was done. On top of that, running on this crap is not easy and as a result I now have another toenail turning black and one toe badly bruised and throbbing, have I mentioned I hate winter.

Texas84

A very slushy, icy 8.4 miles. My feet got drenched in icy cold puddles and I had the pleasure of slipping on ice to boot. My feet were numb when I was done. On top of that, running on this crap is not easy and as a result I now have another toenail turning black and one toe badly bruised and throbbing, have I mentioned I hate winter.

One of those posts where you want to say good effort but not sure if Liking is appropriate. :)

Texas84

Enjoying the holiday Wednesdays off. I can sleep in for my 5-milers.

Did 3-5-3-11 last week. The Saturday 11 was ahead of my half PR pace, even with the darn wind. 3-5-3-12 week starts tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom