What did you do?

Sumrdog

18 miles on the indoor track...144 laps! Mentally it was quite boring but so much easier for me than the treadmill. I paced myself really well and was maintaining my same slow and steady pace the whole way. I am really glad I decided to do that run this morning instead of the 12 miles my program had me doing. I felt so strong even on the last lap I was able to increase my speed. I know that I could have gone for another 8 miles if I had to. I am feeling much more confident about finishing my marathon now! And my back barely hurts today!! Now I can begin my taper...:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

JillC LI

18 miles on the indoor track...144 laps! Mentally it was quite boring but so much easier for me than the treadmill. I paced myself really well and was maintaining my same slow and steady pace the whole way. I am really glad I decided to do that run this morning instead of the 12 miles my program had me doing. I felt so strong even on the last lap I was able to increase my speed. I know that I could have gone for another 8 miles if I had to. I am feeling much more confident about finishing my marathon now! And my back barely hurts today!! Now I can begin my taper...:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

:eek: :jawdrop: Kudos to you for your dedication. Glad your back held up.

Sumrdog

Wow! How do you keep up with the number of laps?
I had a system of counting on my fingers every 8 laps was a mile. So I would just count using the fingers on each of my hands 1-8 until I completed a mile then I would start over. It worked really well and kept me occupied...That being said, I am glad that I won't need to do any more long runs there for awhile its incredibly boring.

Kristia

Dan and I did 3 miles today. It was his first day running since the marathon. :eek: We did about a 10:40 pace. I signed us up for the "Dashing Through the Sand 5k" in Avalon on Dec 28. It is a 5k run entirely on the beach. Might be a wee bit tough. It is a fun run though since it is listed as a self-timed event. Dan has been wanting to do a beach run although I don't think he was thinking a Dec 28 beach run!:p Hopefully it won't be too cold!

bethram

4.2 miles at 9:05 while dodging the recycling truck and more morning traffic than I am used to. That is one advantage of running at 4am during school.

a2grafix

Been AWOL for a while since the St. Jude Memphis Half and Full Marathon was canceled due to the arctic blast and ice storm in Memphis. Have not run since Dec. 4 and basically shut down and stopped running. Though I have intentions of running the half marathon course, though a little modified since I can't run through St. Jude' campus or finish inside the AutoZone ballpark, wanted to give myself a break from running for a while, before ramping up training for 2014 Louisiana Half Marathon Jan. 19 in Baton Rouge.

Coworker and I want to run the St. Jude Half course, and we will, sometime in the new year, likely February. St. Jude personally called me and confirmed that I wanted to donate my entry fee and fundraising to the hospital, and confirmed I wanted the finishers medal. I heard many of the 20,000 marathoners, half, and 5K runners wanted to donate their finishers medals to the patients at St. Jude, which is a great gesture, but the runners way outnumber the kids at St. Jude.

So, finally on the second day of Christmas, Dec. 26, back to running and training for The Half at the Louisiana Marathon. On vacation in Florida along the panhandle some 30-40 miles from Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. Ran just over 5 miles along a sandy trail that lead up to a national park, in about 65 minutes, mostly sunny skies, upper 40s to start, low 50s to end. Considering running same distance Friday or Saturday on the beach on the firm sand during low tide.

In addition to the Louisiana Half in January, also registered for the Glass City Half Marathon in Toledo, Ohio, my former home, April 27. Going to run with a bunch of former TV coworkers and military coworkers. Have not registered but will soon - the Germatown Half in the hilly Memphis suburb of Germantown March 16, and the Shelby Farms Greenline Half in October, the Memphis area county park trail. As compared to the runDisney entry fees of $175 plus tax for one Disney half marathon, I am spending $180 total for the four half marathons. Don't foresee myself running a runDisney race soon, but I would entertain the idea of running in the 2015 or 2016 Disney World Half, if the price and the timeframe is right.

JillC LI

Don't foresee myself running a runDisney race soon, but I would entertain the idea of running in the 2015 or 2016 Disney World Half, if the price and the timeframe is right.

Welcome back. (Cue Kotter music - lol). For me it's all about timing. Unfortunately, at this point I cannot plan our family Disney vacations around races, so if it happens to work out to coincide with a race, great. If not, not. We had booked our 2009 trip before I even knew that the ToT 13K would take place while we were there. I signed up after the fact! Right now I'd be happy to know that I was going to WDW or DL for a long weekend sometime in the foreseeable future, but alas, nothing is planned yet. Anyway, sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff on the horizon.

imagination30

lucked up and got off work at noon ... so I was able to get a nice run in this afternoon.. , very chilly when the sun was going down , but I got to see a beautiful sunset on a cold day , haven't done that in a while ... but done my longest run in a while ... but at the right time ... too , 12 days before I leave for Disney ... so I did 7.12 with a 9:49 pace and 6.11 mile pace!

bethram

8.1 miles at 9:03 while exploring new roads near my parents house. I really should have run closer to 14, but I didn't want to take that much time away while I'm with my family. As it was I told my sister and my mom I was going for a long run but failed to tell my dad, he was about to pull out of the driveway looking for me when I was walking back. It's nice to know he was concerned :)

Mr mom

UGH, the weather has been horrid, I have not seen the sun in about 8 days and it has been nothing but snow or freezing rain pretty much every day. I am sick of winter already. Anyway, 45 minutes of snow shovelling and a 6.4 mile run in slush, ice and 3 inches of powder, very very slow going. I may be Canadian but contrary to opinions otherwise, I hate winter.

AUPr8Hd

Ran "off schedule" last night. I felt the need to try and burn off some of the past couple days of eating.

3 miles at a slower than slow pace. This weekend has 6 & 12 on the schedule. Here's to hoping the knee cooperates

a2grafix

On the third day of Christmas I ran for the first time on the beach, on the gulf coast, about 2.75 miles to a fishing pier, in about 40 minutes. Breezy, mid-50s. I can get used to this, but alas I'm only in Florida for a week.

JillC LI

On the third day of Christmas I ran for the first time on the beach...

I thought you were starting to sing a Christmas song to us! LOL

As for me, 7 miles outdoors this morning. Definitely dressed too warm for today's weather. Took the kids ice skating yesterday and really felt the after effects in my legs today. Felt like I was trying to run through quicksand.

Speaking of sand, how was your jingle dash @Kristia ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom