What did you do?

Texas84

4 miles this morning running hills at 9:35. I was chased by a small dog for one full lap and it was not fun. The owner didn't even apologize when I ran past with his dog in tow.

Been there, done that. In my case they always just make noise and get under my feet.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4 miles this morning running hills at 9:35. I was chased by a small dog for one full lap and it was not fun. The owner didn't even apologize when I ran past with his dog in tow.
Beth, I get so annoyed by this. Now, if it is a total accident and the leash breaks or something, Im understanding, but when any of the following happen, I just keep running and if your dog gets lost, tough luck buddy. All are actual events:

- you have a 70lb dog on a flexi leash and the line breaks
- no leash at all, and when your dogs runs after me, you say "OMG, he has never done this" right lady!
- you let dog out in front yard to P as you peek through door since its cold outside. No sympathy when your dog starts chasing me. You are going to be much colder in 10 seconds.

bethram

I'm going to have to invest in more cold gear type clothing if I don't get any for Christmas! This is the third run in a row that I could have worn it and I've only got two days worth of what I deem acceptable to wear at 35 degrees or lower.

Speed day, 4.1 miles at 8:46 pace, 30 degrees and clear.

JillC LI

I'm going to have to invest in more cold gear type clothing if I don't get any for Christmas! This is the third run in a row that I could have worn it and I've only got two days worth of what I deem acceptable to wear at 35 degrees or lower.

Cold gear makes a lot of difference. I have one really warm pair of running pants (better than tights) which I wear for weekend outdoor runs and a Nike high-necked wicking shirt for cold weather. I throw a light jacket, gloves and a hat on, and I can handle anything down to 20 degrees comfortably (and lower if there's no wind).

That said, I did a speed workout on the TM this morning. 3.25 miles.

Texas84

7 miles this am. 33 degrees and fabulous.

It was 30 here. Big moon and lots of stars. Very nice.

Layers! For me, dri-fit tights and sweats, three dri-fit shirts, gloves, and a skull cap. After a mile I'm good. If we get below 20 that's another story. I might stay in bed.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles this morning. Around 30-40 degrees, so shorts were the choice attire.

Hit a 5:36 pace for a mile or so and burned 2600 calories total, so I've been hungry all day.

One of my clients dropped these at my house today...they may not make it through the night...
image.jpg

Kristia

Been a bit MIA for a little while. Have still been keeping up but haven't posted because I didn't have much to post. Due to laziness, lack of motivation and work, I haven't run lately. Today it was just too nice and I knew that I would be mad at myself if I didn't go out so I did 3 miles @ 10:37 pace.

@Donald Duck - I want to know who is going to get more, you or the kitty? :D

imagination30

lol .. im laughing , bc I have had that happen to me more than once.. - one a dog chased me almost to the enbd of my street , before I tryied to stop to get away and he he just ran circles and started gowling! and the other time he chased me all the way down the street I sprinted so fast it made my legs hurt when I got past him!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
6 miles last night with Mr Toby.

So Im out for the 27 tomorrow and going to do back to back 13's like the schedule calls for. Only reason, I have some pain and inflammation in the insertional area of my achilles tendon under my heel. Trying to be a little smarter than normal, and remembering, tomorrow isnt the main goal. The trail is far from technical, but still technical enough to obviously screw something up. So if it is super sore in the morning, Ill just work the event with the rest of the BUTS crew, and do 13 tomorrow afternoon on flat terrain, then again Sunday.

I just keep repeating, be smart... think 50, not 13.5.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Correction on my last post: 5:36 pace should be 6:36 haha. I would die.

I did hit 6:13 pace this morning during a 22 miler. Felt like my chest was going to explode.

Fooooooooooood...

bethram

After low thirties all week, it was 54 this morning. I was out in a long sleeve shirt and capris, it was great. I know what works for me in the cold, I'm just afraid I'm going to need more of it if we keep having so many cold days in a row. Normally in GA it isn't that cold for more than a couple days in a row.

13.1 at 9:36 this morning with no dogs, just one driver in my neighborhood that was cutting too much of a corner off and came pretty close to me while driving on the wrong side of the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom