What did you do?

Ariel484

Everyone has good runs and bad runs. It's a combination of things. Good luck in getting your groove back.

As for the WDW proof of time for corral placement, I believe all is not lost. I believe you can still show proof of time at the expo and I'm pretty sure runDisney can place you where you should be. Just go to the expo as normal, get your bib, grab your race packet, and bring a copy of proof of time. I'm not sure exactly where you need to go, but it would be at the information desk. Don't worry you won't be in one of the last corrals. If you say you have proof of time I am sure runDisney can change your corral. I saw them do it for runners at the Disneyland Half and Wine and Dine half -- two runners in different corrals, and the other runner being placed in the slower corral to be with their friend.

Good luck.
Actually, they aren't doing corral changes at the expos anymore (as far as I know) beginning in January. It sounds like quite a few people missed the deadline by hours and not everyone is placed correctly. However they also had people fooling the system by bringing fake times to the expos in the past...so we'll see what happens.

Texas84

Plus I'm a bit demotivated since WDW did not accept my 10-hour-late proof of time and I'm in the very last corral. Nothing like having to walk the first mile or more after training for over 5 months. I'm in a funk and need to get my head back on straight! Reading through this thread helps.

Think of it as a nice warm-up after sitting in the corral for two hours. :)

But you will at the very least be jogging by start. I promise.

AUPr8Hd

Been AWOL for awhile. Training and work obligations.

This past weekend was a cutback weekend. So, short mileage. I've about decided my knee issue is more than IT band. I'm going to try and get in to see doc this week. So, mileage for this week will likely be reduced in half.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
From FB:
23 miles
9* real feel with 22 mph wind gusts
It felt like sunny Florida ;-)
Cold and wind proof.
(That's Asbury Park Convention Hall in the back. My beach route)
image.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Been AWOL for awhile. Training and work obligations.

This past weekend was a cutback weekend. So, short mileage. I've about decided my knee issue is more than IT band. I'm going to try and get in to see doc this week. So, mileage for this week will likely be reduced in half.
I had IT band issues too. I went to the doctor and they told me to cut my mileage. I didnt like that answer, so I started over and ran till it started to hurt, which was always right at 20 miles. EVERY TIME! So, last march I decided at the Lake Martin 50, to spend the next year getting my IT bands stronger. I figured out, that my butt muscle part of the IT band werent strong enough, so when they broke down, I felt it in my knee. So far, I have been lucky enough to not have any IT band issue up to 31 miles.

If yuou dont like the doctors answer, try doing squats, lunges and side leg lifts once or twice a week. Major difference.

joel_maxwell

45 minutes this morning. Mr Toby joined of course.

Cant decide. My 50 mile schedule calls for 13 Saturday, 13 Sunday. We have our Inaugural BUTS Bearly Ultra Saturday and I had signed up for the 27 naturally. A few things are tweaking my OCD.
1) I like to stick true to the schedule. Yes, doing 27 on Saturday is good, but the point of back to back runs is to teach my legs.
2) I have been running for 3+ weeks in 30's here. Saturday it is going to be 65 and raining. Im just not excited about that.
3) I want tot he finisher patch for the 27, not the 13.5.... but my main goal is the 50 in March.

So Im torn and dont know what to do. Oy.

AUPr8Hd

I had IT band issues too. I went to the doctor and they told me to cut my mileage. I didnt like that answer, so I started over and ran till it started to hurt, which was always right at 20 miles. EVERY TIME! So, last march I decided at the Lake Martin 50, to spend the next year getting my IT bands stronger. I figured out, that my butt muscle part of the IT band werent strong enough, so when they broke down, I felt it in my knee. So far, I have been lucky enough to not have any IT band issue up to 31 miles.

If yuou dont like the doctors answer, try doing squats, lunges and side leg lifts once or twice a week. Major difference.

Yeah, I've got the squats, lunges, etc covered: Crossfit ;)

I can tell a major difference from before I started until now (1 1/2 years). I've had popping/creaking/crunching issues with my knee for quite some time. No pain until the end of October though. I had traced the pain back to running on a county road with a good amount of camber and thought it was just the IT band acting up.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
45 minutes this morning. Mr Toby joined of course.

Cant decide. My 50 mile schedule calls for 13 Saturday, 13 Sunday. We have our Inaugural BUTS Bearly Ultra Saturday and I had signed up for the 27 naturally. A few things are tweaking my OCD.
1) I like to stick true to the schedule. Yes, doing 27 on Saturday is good, but the point of back to back runs is to teach my legs.
2) I have been running for 3+ weeks in 30's here. Saturday it is going to be 65 and raining. Im just not excited about that.
3) I want tot he finisher patch for the 27, not the 13.5.... but my main goal is the 50 in March.

So Im torn and dont know what to do. Oy.
Run it like it will be your last race ever. You may not get a tomorrow. That's my mind set at the start of a race.

joel_maxwell

Yeah, I've got the squats, lunges, etc covered: Crossfit ;)

I can tell a major difference from before I started until now (1 1/2 years). I've had popping/creaking/crunching issues with my knee for quite some time. No pain until the end of October though. I had traced the pain back to running on a county road with a good amount of camber and thought it was just the IT band acting up.
Very nice! It is argued its a huge waste of money, but I take Glucosamine daily for my knees. Do you try any supplement?
Run it like it will be your last race ever. You may not get a tomorrow. That's my mind set at the start of a race.
I knew you were going to say that. ;)

bethram

4 miles this morning running hills at 9:35. I was chased by a small dog for one full lap and it was not fun. The owner didn't even apologize when I ran past with his dog in tow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom