What did you do?

a2grafix

3.50 miles or so in 35 minutes around the city jungle that is Downtown Memphis. Ran after some rain, a little humid, upper 70s.

Girlfriend, who is a walker, said she would entertain the idea of me and her entering a run. I would run the 5K and she would walk it. After I finish, I would find her on the course and walk with her the rest of the way.

dreamfinder

3x1600@5:51 w/400 RI and warm up/cool down again today.

Completed my longest run on Sat, 10 miles. 1st double digit mile run.

Congrats! Just gets better from there.

Girlfriend, who is a walker, said she would entertain the idea of me and her entering a run. I would run the 5K and she would walk it. After I finish, I would find her on the course and walk with her the rest of the way.

Sounds like a good idea. It can be fun to do.

AUPr8Hd

Last night's schedule had a 6 miler on tap. I tried to beat the rain and succeeded until about 1.5 miles into it. Nice, cool rain for about 2 miles or so. Unfortunately, my hamstrings were not happy from Monday's deadlifts and I decided to back it down to 5 miles. Overall pace was just under 11:30, which included a stop for water and crosswalks in town.

Texas84

Got my 5 miles in before the rain. One of those rare almost effortless runs. The morning humidity dropped WAY down to 90%. ;) Going to be in the 50's in a few days. Have to get the long sleeves and gloves out. :D

ejsanta13

ran for 25:31 today. don't know the exact milage as the stupid gps on my phone decided not to work. Its a shame as I was cruising and could have pr'd my 5k. There's always tomorrow, I guess.....

JillC LI

Got my 5 miles in before the rain. One of those rare almost effortless runs.

Sounds wonderful.

I did 4 miles of speed work this morning on the TM - increasing interval lengths at decreasing pace. Felt a slight tweak in my knee a few hours later but it's better now so hoping it's nothing.

ejsanta13

@ejsanta13 - Double digits is a huge deal congrats! Double congrats on getting through a double digit mentally/physically bad run, that takes real guts and that determination is the difference when it comes down to those last few miles in a race.

For me it was 5.06 @ 8:47/mile. My hammies are still sore from the half this weekend so I thought I would take it somewhat easy so I can get a decent progression or tempo run before this weekends 10 mile race. I registered for four race weekends in a row - half, 10 mile, 5k fun run, and goal half. This was not on purpose and I actually only realized two days ago that these races are all back to back. Hopefully I don't burn myself out....

Thanks, @LindsayLoves. It was definitely a taxing run, but sometimes those give you the greatest sense of accomplishment, which is what I really love about running. You get to be within yourself and see how far you can push your own body.

a2grafix

Early this morning after work just after midnight put in nearly 6 miles in 65 minutes through the concrete jungle that is Downtown Memphis, and along Tom Lee Park and the Mississippi River. Fun running down Beale Street just before 1am and seeing a few patrons still walking around. AutoZone employees are in Memphis for their annual convention. AutoZone is headquartered in Memphis, a few blocks from Beale Street.

Temp was 71F just before 1am and humid. My shirt was soaked after the run. I felt wonderful.

2013-09-26_01-30-11_448.jpg

2013-09-26_01-33-01_142.jpg

Getting ready for the Nov. 9 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, which starts at 10pm. More evening / night runs on the agenda. The runDisney Coast 2 Coast finishers medal is within reach.

JillC LI

Be careful with those....

Thanks. It's been fine since then. Gonna run easy later today.

Early this morning after work just after midnight put in nearly 6 miles in 65 minutes through the concrete jungle that is Downtown Memphis, and along Tom Lee Park and the Mississippi River.

Getting ready for the Nov. 9 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, which starts at 10pm. More evening / night runs on the agenda. The runDisney Coast 2 Coast finishers medal is within reach.

Gorgeous pics. I never get to do night time runs, let alone ones with views like that.

I swear I saw a ghost at 5:20am. I took it as if he was watching over me.... at least that is what I kept telling myself.

For real? In what form?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
For real? In what form?
A white object flashed across the street about 50 yards in front of me. The ONLY other thing it could have been was the white part of a deer's butt, but *snort* the object was way to tall and moved way too fast. I listened for it crunching through the woods incase it was a deer and I didnt hear anything. Very strange.
Cool and creepy too!
100% yes.

Kristia

A white object flashed across the street about 50 yards in front of me. The ONLY other thing it could have been was the white part of a deer's butt, but *snort* the object was way to tall and moved way too fast. I listened for it crunching through the woods incase it was a deer and I didnt hear anything. Very strange.
100% yes.
I used to see these things in the yard of the house I grew up in on more than one ocassion. We called them "whizzing white things" for lack of a better description. I know I wasn't going crazy because once a friend and I were outside and we both saw it at the same time and it scared the bleep out of us.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles on the trails. No ghosts looking over me is probably why I face-planted :facepalm:

Client at 4pm, so off to work.

If it doesn't hurt, sign me up for something that will...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I used to see these things in the yard of the house I grew up in on more than one ocassion. We called them "whizzing white things" for lack of a better description. I know I wasn't going crazy because once a friend and I were outside and we both saw it at the same time and it scared the bleep out of us.
o_O

"whizzing white things"? Is that what we are calling them?..... because that sounds too warm and fuzzy. it was a GHOST! LOL

Kristia

3 miles in my new Hokas today! See the Hoka thread for more details but overall I think I like them. I need to do some long runs in them but they did well for the first time out. Avg pace was 10:22 with negative splits which is the fastest I have done in a while.

JillC LI

o_O

"whizzing white things"? Is that what we are calling them?..... because that sounds too warm and fuzzy. it was a GHOST! LOL

Maybe it was Casper. (Or are you too young for that reference?!)

3 miles in my new Hokas today! See the Hoka thread for more details but overall I think I like them. I need to do some long runs in them but they did well for the first time out. Avg pace was 10:22 with negative splits which is the fastest I have done in a while.

Nice! Glad they felt good.

As for me, 5 miles this afternoon. Didn't push too hard but Garmin said I hit 9:58 pace. Nice and cool out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom