What did you do?

Kristia

@JillC LI - yeah, just a bit sore. Will probably wait to run till Tues or Wed. I don't like to run with my shin pain to many days in a row. My new sneaks should come on Wed so I am hoping they will help my issues!

a2grafix

Little sleep for me this weekend but well worth it. After volunteering for a 5K Saturday in East Memphis, got up at 5am Sunday to be at the county park by 6am to volunteer for a 10k. Water boy Mile 4.5. Chilly, clear Sunday morning, first day of fall, about 54-56F at run time. After the runners ran the course, we broke down the tables, I walked to my car, took off my sweatshirt and coat and ran the course for 7 miles. Time around 70-75 minutes. Nice perfect run. A lot of runners who ran the 10K earlier were out cooling down with their extended runs.

Seven weeks until Wine and Dine and my chance to earn the coveted runDisney Coast 2 Coast medal.

Last edited:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I have returned from being off the grid :D
Disney was wonderful as always. Many changes going on down there however, that I am not at all thrilled about.
The magic bands were BOSS!
Going back in March to the GF and then to Hawaii to stay at Aulani in June or July.

Back to training. Oil Creek 100 next week...

ChristaH

45 minute aqua zumba class....it is quickly becoming my favorite activity of the week. Very relaxing. And you ain't seen The Wobble until you've seen it done by the ladies of Aqua Zumba! LOL!

bethram

Had a hard time getting up so I had to chose a short DVD, I went with Power 90's Sculpt 1-2 and skipped the breaks for a 25 minute workout.

Mr mom

Dang dang dang... I damaged my right heel going up and down scaffolding last month, improper footwear of course. Anyway, it would generally be ok after an hour or so every morning so I would run on it. Did so all last week and yesterday. Pain got worse at work last night and left me limping. This morning the pain has not gone away like usual, tried a little run as a warm up to check it out and damn near fell on the first impact, the pain is now brutal. Ibuprofen and no running for a few days and I hope that fixes it. Ugh, I hate injuries.

Kristia

Dang dang dang... I damaged my right heel going up and down scaffolding last month, improper footwear of course. Anyway, it would generally be ok after an hour or so every morning so I would run on it. Did so all last week and yesterday. Pain got worse at work last night and left me limping. This morning the pain has not gone away like usual, tried a little run as a warm up to check it out and damn near fell on the first impact, the pain is now brutal. Ibuprofen and no running for a few days and I hope that fixes it. Ugh, I hate injuries.

Bummer. Stinks being injured when you just want to get out there and run!

AUPr8Hd

3 miles last night. I skipped CF this morning as one of the components was box jumps. Since I have 6 miles tonight, I didn't feel like those would be a good idea this morning :)

JillC LI

I hope everyone's injuries heal quickly. Welcome back Nick.

As for me, I did a "recovery run" of an "easy" 4 miles the day after my first 11 mile run in several years, and it didn't feel like much of a recovery. My legs felt so stiff the whole time that it was harder than the much longer run the day before. Oh well. At least I got 'er done. Taking today off to truly "recover."

ejsanta13

Completed my longest run on Sat, 10 miles. 1st double digit mile run. Completed @ a 9:17 pace, but felt like I was running in mud for the last 8, yes 8, miles. Wanted to call my wife multiple times to come pick me up as it just was not fun at all. Even switching over to the 80's music iHeartRadio channel didn't help. I thought a power ballad could fix anything.. Powered through and finished. Mind over Matter, right.....

JillC LI

Completed my longest run on Sat, 10 miles. 1st double digit mile run. Completed @ a 9:17 pace, but felt like I was running in mud for the last 8, yes 8, miles. Wanted to call my wife multiple times to come pick me up as it just was not fun at all. Even switching over to the 80's music iHeartRadio channel didn't help. I thought a power ballad could fix anything.. Powered through and finished. Mind over Matter, right.....

Congrats on joining the double-digits club. That IS a big deal. I remember my first 10 mile run. Maybe next time slow the pace a drop so you can enjoy it more. Long runs are more about endurance than speed at first.

ejsanta13

Congrats on joining the double-digits club. That IS a big deal. I remember my first 10 mile run. Maybe next time slow the pace a drop so you can enjoy it more. Long runs are more about endurance than speed at first.

Thanks Jill. I don't know if I was too fast overall, but I def got out of the gate too quickly and was probably slower because of it, even with walk breaks every 2 miles. My 9 miler a couple of weeks ago was at a 9:04 pace and that was pretty comfortable. I need to learn to ease into the run instead of going bat out of h3ll, which I didn't even think I was doing, but I went out in about 17 mins for 2 miles. Way too fast for that length of run, that is about right for a 5k, not a 10 miler.....

LindsayLoves

@ejsanta13 - Double digits is a huge deal congrats! Double congrats on getting through a double digit mentally/physically bad run, that takes real guts and that determination is the difference when it comes down to those last few miles in a race.

For me it was 5.06 @ 8:47/mile. My hammies are still sore from the half this weekend so I thought I would take it somewhat easy so I can get a decent progression or tempo run before this weekends 10 mile race. I registered for four race weekends in a row - half, 10 mile, 5k fun run, and goal half. This was not on purpose and I actually only realized two days ago that these races are all back to back. Hopefully I don't burn myself out....

Kristia

@ejsanta13 - Double digits is a huge deal congrats! Double congrats on getting through a double digit mentally/physically bad run, that takes real guts and that determination is the difference when it comes down to those last few miles in a race.

For me it was 5.06 @ 8:47/mile. My hammies are still sore from the half this weekend so I thought I would take it somewhat easy so I can get a decent progression or tempo run before this weekends 10 mile race. I registered for four race weekends in a row - half, 10 mile, 5k fun run, and goal half. This was not on purpose and I actually only realized two days ago that these races are all back to back. Hopefully I don't burn myself out....
Taking it easy at a 8:47 pace!:eek: That would seriously kill me!:) I don't think I could even run a mile that fast. I have a lot of races this fall too but none back to back thank goodness!

JillC LI

Big nostalgic moment this afternoon. I drove from work to the park where DS had his first x-country meet today. As I entered the park something about the scenery looked familiar, and then I suddenly realized that this was the same park where my marathon training path had its midway point. I had been there dozens of times years ago but I always arrived on foot and didn't realize I was driving to the same place. It brought back many memories. I think I might run that path again before the Hershey Half for old times sake!

LindsayLoves

Taking it easy at a 8:47 pace!:eek: That would seriously kill me!:) I don't think I could even run a mile that fast. I have a lot of races this fall too but none back to back thank goodness!

Haha, well it was somewhat easy, a real easy pace would be around 9-9:30 but I had some errands to run so when I saw my pace I decided to stick with it just to get the run over with faster, that was my choice over just cutting out a mile.

Jill- love the running nostalgia!

ChristaH

Whoa...I thought I was pushing it doing races in back to back MONTHS, much less weeks! I have a 5K in September, 10K the first of November, a 5K Reindeer Run in December and the Half in January!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom