What did you do?

Kristia

Well my Hershey 1/2 training got a little side tracked this week. My dad was back in the hospital with some health issues and I was back & forth to MA to be at the hospital with him.
I was able to get one 4.25 miles run in but my mind was definitely not into it. I did buy a new pair of sneakers this week and this morning got in 7.5 miles in at a 10:43 pace. I was planning on 6.5 miles but was feeling good so I decided to take the long way home.
Hope your dad is feeling better! Sounds like you aren't doing too bad with your training!

ChristaH

I did buy a new pair of sneakers this week and this morning got in 7.5 miles in at a 10:43 pace. I was planning on 6.5 miles but was feeling good so I decided to take the long way home.

This is one thing I have learned...when runners can't run, they buy running gear! Just this week. I have bought a heart rate watch, new socks, two pairs of running shorts and a mesh top! I hope I can start running more soon...before I go broke!!!

Hope your dad is feeling better!

fmingo36

Hope your dad is feeling better!
Hope your dad is feeling better! Sounds like you aren't doing too bad with your training!
Thanks! My dad is doing better but still not 100%.

Training has been very inconsistent. Run felt great yesterday but knee is really hurting today and that is what usually happens when I up my miles too much. No hip pain though--YAY!!!

fmingo36

This morning was an hour and 1/2 of yoga.
Not sure if the studio was warm, I was having hot flashes (LOL) or my instructor had us holding poses much longer (or all of the above), but I felt like I was in a hot yoga class instead of a regular yoga class today--man, was I sweaty. I know most people think of yoga as this very relaxing/"boring" activity but it really is an amazing workout! TRY IT!!!:happy:

LindsayLoves

Yesterday was the Mighty Niagara Half Marathon. It was about 60 and raining heavily the entire time which I will take over the heat any day. I PRed with 1:51:07 taking about 40 seconds off of my old record. Didn't hit my goal time but still happy with the result. I ran with the 1:50 pace group which was my first time using a pacer and it was fun. Our pacer literally told stories for an hour and forty five minutes which made the miles fly by and then at mile 10 he told us what we all needed to do to hit our goal times and let us break away. I felt myself slipping in mile 13 knowing I wouldn't hit my goal and I heard the pacer, Rick, yell from a few hundred yards back to keep going which was the kick in the rear I needed at that point. The free beer tent after the race was fantastic, I might run again next year for that reason alone. The bling was pretty sweet as well I will try to post a picture when I get home.

JillC LI

Well my Hershey 1/2 training got a little side tracked this week. My dad was back in the hospital with some health issues and I was back & forth to MA to be at the hospital with him.
I was able to get one 4.25 miles run in but my mind was definitely not into it. I did buy a new pair of sneakers this week and this morning got in 7.5 miles in at a 10:43 pace. I was planning on 6.5 miles but was feeling good so I decided to take the long way home.

So sorry to hear about your dad, Coryna. I hope he feels better very soon. You're still on target to run a slow 13 in another month. Breaks are allowed. :)

Congrats on the PR Lindsay!

I upped my trainig this week and just finished 11 miles. My hubby and son joined me on their bikes for the first 7 miles on the secluded forest path, and then I finished off another 4 around the neighborhood with just my son. Last mile felt very tough but I stuck it out and finished strong.

JillC LI

14.8 miles today at a 12:20 pace. Quite slow but that included a.couple walk/potty breaks. Shin did ok but I was.careful not to push it too hard. I also wore a compression sleeve which seemed to help too. The real test will be how it feels tomorrow!

It's been a little over an hour since I finished my 11 and I am already walking around in pain! No injuries. Just soreness. But I know it will get worse before it gets better!

Kristia

It's been a little over an hour since I finished my 11 and I am already walking around in pain! No injuries. Just soreness. But I know it will get worse before it gets better!
If I keep moving I am ok but the minute I sit down and try to get up, forget it! Getting out of bed tomorrow morning will be killer!

bethram

4.1 miles this morning on a beautiful, cool morning - about 57 degrees. It's probably my only run this week, hopefully I can still get my butt out of bed and workout with Tony Horton, Shaun T, or Mike Carpanko.

dreamfinder

Congrats on PRs to all! (One of the perks with the first time doing a given distance, it's gotta be a PR!)

Sat was 2@8:30, 2@6:34, 2@8:30. Sun was 13@7:33.

Yes, I have gotten some red ones, I have canned 16 pints of salsa with them. I use the cherry tomatoes for salsa with whatever beefsteak or Romas I have. All the tomatoes I brought in yesterday were large varieties, I got tired of bringing them in when I reached 379 pounds worth.
I planted a bunch of hot chilis I wasn't too sure what to do with them all; homemade siracha sounds like a super good idea! I can imagine that could potentially ruin your smoothies for a few days if you didn't wash the blender carefully. I love this time of year; harvesting, freezing and canning!

Wish I had 379 lbs of veggies to preserve. It's gleaning week at CSA, hope something is left by the time we get there.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Storms Saturday morning moved long run to Sunday. I would have run in the rain, but the boss woman and Mtt said no way in thunder and lighting type storms. So, 15.5 miles yesterday. All of us were tired and hungover from watching football Saturday night, but this is one of those days you feel better that you went out and earned it then days you feel great.

On blue trail about 10 miles in, I got tagged by either a yellow jacket or hornet on the base of my calf twice. Kind of sucks when you are not sore from a tough course but your calf is swollen and feels like death due to a little called a bee.

JillC LI

If I keep moving I am ok but the minute I sit down and try to get up, forget it! Getting out of bed tomorrow morning will be killer!

I'm a bit sore today, but nothing terrible. Hope you feel similar. I might even do an easy 4 later today to loosen up more.

On blue trail about 10 miles in, I got tagged by either a yellow jacket or hornet on the base of my calf twice. Kind of sucks when you are not sore from a tough course but your calf is swollen and feels like death due to a little called a bee.

That really stinks Joel. Ugh.

I know I'm a guppy compared to you guys in here but I did my first ever 10k today so I was pretty proud :x

Congratulations! You SHOULD be proud!

3.5 miles this morning at 11:45 pace. The run and the recovery felt "normal" for the first time in a couple of months.

Glad to see you feeling better.

@fmingo36 - how's your dad doing?

AUPr8Hd

Today marks the beginning of my official 16 week training program for Dopey. Time to buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Crossfit this morning with 15 min to find a heavy 1RM deadlift followed by 5 rounds of deadlifts, pullups and dips. This evening I'll get to run 3 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom