What did you do?

bethram

5k on the torture mill this morning. It actually felt good to get the chance to run for the first half, the second half was the torture of running in place. On a good note, I'm one episode closer to getting caught up on last season of one of my shows.

dreamfinder

Any idea what those knee 'tweaks' are? Happens to me occasionally. Feels like it wants to give and then goes away.

Sometimes it just means that you need to do more to strengthen your knees. (Carefully and slowly) Other times it means you have a little piece of something floating around in there that every now and then gets someplace that you notice it. And of course, it's also possible that you just hyper extended something, or a slight pull. If you have ever had knee problems, especially if it resulted in surgery, its entirely possible (and probably likely) that you have a small piece of cartilage floating loose. At that that is what 2 orthopedic surgeons tried to convince me my knee problems were 10+ years ago.

AUPr8Hd

3 miles @ 10:56 pace last evening. Nice run for 5pm. Weather wasn't TOO bad. But, there was definitely some humidity ;)

This weekend's 8 miler should be comfortable with an expected start temp around high 50's/low 60's

JillC LI

Sometimes it just means that you need to do more to strengthen your knees. (Carefully and slowly) Other times it means you have a little piece of something floating around in there that every now and then gets someplace that you notice it. And of course, it's also possible that you just hyper extended something, or a slight pull. If you have ever had knee problems, especially if it resulted in surgery, its entirely possible (and probably likely) that you have a small piece of cartilage floating loose. At that that is what 2 orthopedic surgeons tried to convince me my knee problems were 10+ years ago.

Twenty-five years ago I sprained my ankle badly. It healed, but ten years ago I started getting sudden excruciating but passing pains in that ankle. I had an MRI and it turned out that there was a bone fragment that had slipped out of place and would occasionally stab me from the inside. The doctor said it had probably been latent from the old sprain since I had no other injuries. Anyway, I needed surgery to remove it. That was before I had ever run a marathon, and I said to the surgeon when I first met him, "After I have this surgery, will I still be able to run a marathon someday?" and he said "Absolutely." Two years later I ran NYC. Anyway, my point being that you are right about things possibly floating around in there.

On another note, I got asked THAT question by someone last night when I mentioned I was preparing for the Hershey Half Marathon: "So how long will THIS half marathon be?" LOL

ChristaH

4 miles Wednesday night that felt good until the last quarter mile. I knew I should stop but really wanted to finish. I was hurting yesterday but feeling better today. I'm running a little 5K race tomorrow morning. It is finally cooling down a little here. Racetime temperature project to be "only" 71!

JillC LI

DS has a 5K race tomorrow morning with his cross-country team. I have a 9 miler planned for this weekend. I'm contemplating running 6 miles in the area during the hour after I drop him off before the race begins and then doing the last 3 miles as part of the race. Apparently this is a neighborhood race, and family members are welcome to run if they register that morning. We shall see.

Texas84

10 miles this morning, temps in the 50s. What a beautiful morning. I changed from half mile to mile breaks the last 5 miles. Didn't want to stop.

So I'm driving to the high school parking lot at dawn and I see a Mile 3 sign. Hmm. Then I see tents in the parking lot. Hmm. So I go do my 10 mile out and back and end up in the middle of a 5K/10K I didn't know about. :facepalm: I wasn't the only one though. That's a popular run/bike area. I looked it up and the 5K started at 0800 and the 10K at 0900 and had a combo price. That would have been fun but I had to run early so I could get to Mom & Dad's for college football. :D

Texas84

5K race this morning in 32:23!!!! Woo Hoo!! I was running the first two miles at 10 minute pace but just couldn't keep it up. But I am thrilled!! Last time I was under 33 minutes was last December. Yes, this feeling right here is why I run!

Exactly! :)

Mad Stitch

Well, I was doing my last long run of 8 miles today before my half marathon next weekend when in the last half mile I feel a pain shoot up my back. I guess my last three weeknight run are out of the question this week while I let my back recover. Hopefully I will be well enough to complete the race next weekend. I'm glad the summer running season is coming to an end because this year it can be summed up with one word, injury.

fmingo36

Can't believe it's been a year since the TOT10 miler! Really wish I was down there to run it again this year but...I'm not. I will re-read my race report, look at pictures and live vicariously through them for the evening.
I didn't post anything this week--again crazy busy with life in general, but I did get in a hr of yoga and pilates and 3.75 mile run in. This morning was my schedule long run. I wanted to do 8 (don't want to jump my miles too much because of my knee pain) but I just felt good and ran just shy of 10 (maybe I subconsciously wanted to run my own little anniversary TOT10 miler--maybe I should wear my medal the rest of the day). I didn't even suffer from my usual first 2 miles of "Oh God, why am I doing this?" Weather was great. Had a little knee pain in both knees but it was more discomfort that the sharp-OMG someone is stabbing me in the knee! pain that I get sometimes.
This run was a big confidence boost for me in regards to the Hershey 1/2 Marathon in 3 weeks. I think I actually might be ready!

a2grafix

Can't believe it's been a year since the TOT10 miler! Really wish I was down there to run it again this year but...I'm not. I will re-read my race report, look at pictures and live vicariously through them for the evening.

Texted mom saying we were at Animal Kingdom a year ago today, then made it back to Shades for a rest and then off to the run that was Tower 10 miler. Great out of the way meet-up too. She said it was not only a good time, but a great time and the lunch at Flame Tree BBQ was awesome (I had BBQ turkey on wheat, I believe). Yeah, can't believe it's been a year, and the 2013 race is next week. Look forward to reading online and through runDisney what changes took place during this year's run.

As for me, on the 1 year anniversary of our 10 miler, I ran 3.5 miles through Downtown Memphis. Ran across the riverwalk monorail to the Mississippi River, then over a large bridge and back to home. Nice run, 82F, low humidity, southerly breeze. Perfect afternoon for a run, as Sunday will be rainy, cool, and thunderstormy. About 35-37 minutes.

Realized there is a program called Map My Run. For the longest time I have been guesstimating my daily, weekly distances. I'm in the ballpark and feel okay, but after retracing my routes through Map My Run, they are shorter distances. Good to know for next time as I want to put in a long-ish 8 mile run, combine a few routes I have been running.

JillC LI

I didn't post anything this week--again crazy busy with life in general, but I did get in a hr of yoga and pilates and 3.75 mile run in. This morning was my schedule long run. I wanted to do 8 (don't want to jump my miles too much because of my knee pain) but I just felt good and ran just shy of 10 (maybe I subconsciously wanted to run my own little anniversary TOT10 miler--maybe I should wear my medal the rest of the day). I didn't even suffer from my usual first 2 miles of "Oh God, why am I doing this?" Weather was great. Had a little knee pain in both knees but it was more discomfort that the sharp-OMG someone is stabbing me in the knee! pain that I get sometimes.
This run was a big confidence boost for me in regards to the Hershey 1/2 Marathon in 3 weeks. I think I actually might be ready!

Woo hoo. So glad to hear this. I do sympathize about life interfering with running. My long run this morning had to be postponed until tomorrow because my daughter had to get an xray - turns out she broke her finger! The timing stunk too because she was all excited to go to a trapeze class tomorrow that she'd received as a gift. Bummer.

Realized there is a program called Map My Run. For the longest time I have been guesstimating my daily, weekly distances. I'm in the ballpark and feel okay, but after retracing my routes through Map My Run, they are shorter distances. Good to know for next time as I want to put in a long-ish 8 mile run, combine a few routes I have been running.

You can also map runs to determine distance at www.usatf.org

JillC LI

As delightful as my last 9 mile run was, today's 9 mile run was not so much. It was doable but certainly not as fun, even though my hubby and son kept me company on the wooded path on their bikes (when they weren't off racing each other - reminded me of running with dogs that just want to run off chasing squirrels! LOL). Was a bit warmer than I expected it to be - not a crisp Fall morning. Ah well, those will come soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom