What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Bronx 10 mile run this morning. Finished in 1:23:31 average 8:22/mile and since I've never run a 10 miler before it's a PR! It was a beautiful morning to run the hills of the Bronx. Definitely felt like I had to put lots of effort in to keep that pace because of the constant up and down. The hills clearly weren't a problem for the top guys the winner came in at 50:36. :jawdrop:

Kristia

Not a great run today. Made the mistake of sleeping in a bit and went to a fair this morning. Pushed the run to this evening and paid for it. Stomach was not feeling good and the food I ate early just sat in it like a rock. Felt like puking most of the time. Was going to do 10 miles but only got in 6.5. Dan was feeling good so he finished out the 10. I am going to try and do 10 after work tomorrow. Hope it goes better!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Not a great run today. Made the mistake of sleeping in a bit and went to a fair this morning. Pushed the run to this evening and paid for it. Stomach was not feeling good and the food I ate early just sat in it like a rock. Felt like puking most of the time. Was going to do 10 miles but only got in 6.5. Dan was feeling good so he finished out the 10. I am going to try and do 10 after work tomorrow. Hope it goes better!
Just forget about that bad day and remember, tomorrow is a fresh start.

dreamfinder

Sat was interesting. Plan was to do a Color Run with my DM, as that was what she wanted for her birthday. Apparently they expect you to do a 30-45 minute group "Zumba" session before the run? So did a mass workout, then a 5k run, which was actually kinda fun. Definitely one to do with other people you know as its just a huge party. Then I ended up deciding to do another 5k that had a gun time 4 hours later. Which ended up being a smart move. Won my first cash prize! Didn't cover the entry fee, but I'll take it. I think this says more about the lower turnout (more people registered for the walk than the run) than my running ability.
Sun was 13mi@7:30.

JillC LI

Won my first cash prize! Didn't cover the entry fee, but I'll take it.

Sun was 13mi@7:30.

Way to go on the prize winnings! And great pace Sunday.

Shake it off. You'll be fine today. (But sorry you had to suffer through that.)

Nick, thought you might be interested in this little 30M "fun run":
http://www.runnersworld.com/races/fun-run-on-rockys-30-mile-philly-route-is-on

Phonedave

Ran 10K+ of trails this weekend, got home, checked my email and saw one that said there is still room on the bus to go to the Oktoberfest 10k in the next town over. Had to do to a birthday party, so I didn't double up.

-dave

ejsanta13

Trying to find time this weekend for a run was tough. Had 2 cakes due for clients yesterday (one was even a Minnie Mouse themed cake) and had to go to a bday party. Non-stop cake (baking and decorating - lots of fondant work) for 5 days, didn't even want to see a piece at the party. Was able to carve out some time yesterday for a run of just under 6 miles @ an 8:45 pace. Was good to be out and the weather was nice, about 65. Easy breezy, just hearing the sounds of my music and feet hitting the pavement was relaxing...

ChristaH

4.5 miles last night, then Aqua Zumba for a good recovery stretch. I felt good when I went to bed last night. Let's see how it feels when I roll out of bed this morning!

JillC LI

Pretty impressive. With some training/practice he could be quite a speed demon.

That's Fantastic!!!
How's your daughter feeling?

Thanks. I'm glad he's finally got a coach who is giving him useful advice. I'm not sure I could run ONE mile at the pace he ran 3.5 yesterday! He's only in ninth grade, and his coach told him he is the future of the team, so he's feeling pretty excited.

My daughter is doing okay. Thank goodness the orthopedic surgeon said yesterday that she did not need surgery, but it was really a close call. Even though it's just a finger break, she is splinted and taped up pretty tight to the wrist. She's sore but a trooper.

As for me, 3.5 miles of speedwork on the treadmill this morning.

AUPr8Hd

Yesterday, Crossfit in the morning with "Fight Gone Bad" as the workout. This is a 1 min as many reps as possible of wall balls, sumo deadlift high pulls, box jumps, push press then row for 3 rounds. Then last night, I had 3 miles.

Today, Crossfit in the morning with squat cleans then 21-15-9 of squat cleans and ring dips. Tonight, I have 5 miles on the schedule.

Texas84

3 miles this morning. Had to break out the long sleeves and gloves. I normally do my training runs around 11 min/mile but felt extra good and almost did 10 min/mile.

Did you all see the record marathon the other day? 2:03:23 at Berlin. Insane. We're going to have a sub 2-hour marathon soon. I'm trying for a sub 2-hour half. :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom