What did you do?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Today my DH and I went to a free clinic offered by a local running store. It was really interesting. There is so much to know and learn. And I just felt so discouraged b/c the whole group went for a little run for about 4 blocks and it was a jog for most people and I couldn't keep up. That was a bummer. But I did learn so much about how we should stand, some drills to run to help with form, exercises, and things to do to help with your core. He really encouraged doing Pilates and yoga. And although I was fit for shoes by this same store, he thinks my shoes are too small so I need to come back in next week for a new check. He thinks that I need different shoes based on running after 3 months. I may not need my Mizuno's any more since I have worked on my run so much. That was encouraging. I also learned that no matter how good of a runner you are, everyone feels like I do...like you are a turtle...running through peanut butter. :) Looking forward to another week of running!!

bethram

Back to the grind and getting up at 3:45, it wasn't too bad this morning, but I know tomorrow will be harder. I knocked out 3.9 miles at 8:41, it was a nice temperature.

Yesterday we took the kids to one mountain bike park and rode the beginner trails for about 3 miles, then we dropped the kids off and went and rode another 7 miles on intermediate trails at a different park. It was the first time in at least a month I got to really mountain bike, not ride at kid pace and it was tough. DH kept picking on me for being slow :rolleyes:

bethram

Today my DH and I went to a free clinic offered by a local running store. It was really interesting. There is so much to know and learn. And I just felt so discouraged b/c the whole group went for a little run for about 4 blocks and it was a jog for most people and I couldn't keep up. That was a bummer. But I did learn so much about how we should stand, some drills to run to help with form, exercises, and things to do to help with your core. He really encouraged doing Pilates and yoga. And although I was fit for shoes by this same store, he thinks my shoes are too small so I need to come back in next week for a new check. He thinks that I need different shoes based on running after 3 months. I may not need my Mizuno's any more since I have worked on my run so much. That was encouraging. I also learned that no matter how good of a runner you are, everyone feels like I do...like you are a turtle...running through peanut butter. :) Looking forward to another week of running!!

I'm glad you got a chance to go to a clinic, I keep thinking I should check one out. Don't get discouraged at your pace, just keep working at it and it will get easier.

dreamfinder

Sat was 1@8,5@6:54,1@8 with 20 mins core. Sun was supposed to be 17@7:48, but only did 11. I ended up having to work 12 hrs, spend 5 hrs driving, and only got about 4 hrs of sleep on Sat, in addition to my workout, so I was pretty ugly Sunday.

Always good to see people keep pushing forward, even if it's not what you wanted. Keep it up, and you will get there!

bmarkelon

Still putting a lot of thought into our 1/2 marathon training with a 10 day Disney vacation in a critical time for it!! We set out to do 7 miles yesterday but ended up running 8 instead!! So that was awesome. I plan to do a quick 3 and another 4/5 during this week. Then our long 10 miles this weekend. We leave for WDW August 14!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
No watch Monday. Im back on a modified schedule for a 50K in November. I didnt run on a schedule for 2 months and I felt lost with up and down weekly mileage. I think with my life and all the things going on, I think having a list of what Im supposed to run helps with keeping me on focus and on target.

Have a great day everyone.

Ariel484

We have been remodeling the bathroom and trying to get it down before we leave for vacation. Added to that, trying to get the rest of the house in order for the house/animal sitter and all the normal life things has left little time for running. Hopefully after we get back from Disney we will be able to get back to a more normal routine!
I feel your pain! We're having work done in the house now and it's really turned things upside down. :confused: Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Ariel484

Well, we got back from our vacation (DC/South Carolina/Hilton Head Island) on Tuesday night and I really dropped the ball on running while we were gone. I managed one short run on the treadmill in Hilton Head and it SUCKED. :hungover:

I got back to it on Wednesday morning and managed to get in 15 miles total last week, and GOOD LORD...it is amazing/awful how much fitness one can lose after 1.5 weeks of lying by the pool, eating good food and not working out too much. We did walk a lot (toured the monuments around DC), kayaked a couple of times and biked to places when we could, but obviously none of that helped me stay in running shape. DUH. I really paid for it last week...Thursday's tempo run in particular stands out as a particularly awful one. I felt better by yesterday's long run though, so things are looking up! :)

This morning - back to lifting + Ab Ripper X. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Last edited:

fmingo36

An hour with weights on Saturday, 1.5 hrs. of yoga Sunday morning, and a 3 mile run this morning. Would have liked to get in a little more of a run but I had my daughter on her bike with me. I usually end up on some busy streets when I run longer distances and I didn't want to be worrying about her and traffic-she's still pretty new to riding without training wheels. It's a beautiful day here in NJ-hope it's beautiful wherever you are! :happy:

Kristia

Well, we got back from our vacation (DC/South Carolina/Hilton Head Island) on Tuesday night and I really dropped the ball on running while we were gone. I managed one short run on the treadmill in Hilton Head and it SUCKED. :hungover:

I got back to it on Wednesday morning and managed to get in 15 miles total last week, and GOOD LORD...it is amazing/awful how much fitness one can lose after 1.5 weeks of lying by the pool, eating good food and not working out too much. We did walk a lot (toured the monuments around DC), kayaked a couple of times and biked to places when we could, but obviously none of that helped me stay in running shape. DUH. I really paid for it last week...Thursday's tempo run in particular stands out as a particularly awful one. I felt better by yesterday's long run though, so things are looking up! :)

Even though you feel like you loose a lot when you try to start back up, I think it comes back pretty quickly. Sounds like you had a great trip though! I love wandering around DC although I haven't done it for many years.

Kristia

An hour with weights on Saturday, 1.5 hrs. of yoga Sunday morning, and a 3 mile run this morning. Would have liked to get in a little more of a run but I had my daughter on her bike with me. I usually end up on some busy streets when I run longer distances and I didn't want to be worrying about her and traffic-she's still pretty new to riding without training wheels. It's a beautiful day here in NJ-hope it's beautiful wherever you are! :happy:

Loving the weather here right now! I know the humidity will rear its ugly head again, but I am enjoying it while it lasts!

JillC LI

You'll get back the fitness quickly. And you're entitled to a vacation. Sounds like you had fun and kept active. We're going away the last 9 days of August to the Grand Canyon and other National Parks, and I haven't decided if I'll do any runs there in addition to all the hiking we plan to do. I'll pack my running clothes and play it by ear.

Ariel484

Even though you feel like you loose a lot when you try to start back up, I think it comes back pretty quickly. Sounds like you had a great trip though! I love wandering around DC although I haven't done it for many years.
We definitely had a great trip. DC was hot but we really liked it. The last time I was there I was 13 or 14 and definitely didn't appreciate as much as I did this time!
Loving the weather here right now! I know the humidity will rear its ugly head again, but I am enjoying it while it lasts!
We are having fabulous weather here too! High of 73 today...love it.
You'll get back the fitness quickly. And you're entitled to a vacation. Sounds like you had fun and kept active. We're going away the last 9 days of August to the Grand Canyon and other National Parks, and I haven't decided if I'll do any runs there in addition to all the hiking we plan to do. I'll pack my running clothes and play it by ear.
Hopefully you're right about getting the fitness back. We'll see! Unfortunately now I feel like I've caught the cold my husband had this weekend...arg!

Your upcoming trip sounds amazing. I think I would have been more inclined to get out and run if I could have gone through parks with beautiful scenery...
That's the way to do it. Don't set any huge running on vacation expectations for yourself, if you don't meet them you will just be disappointed. It is good to prepared with your gear if the if the situation presents itself.
Good advice. The one time I did run it was a more ambitious speedwork workout...I think I would have done better to try to get in 3-4 easy 30-minute runs over the course of the vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom