What did you do?

bethram

Tapout Legs and Back this morning, now off to a water park!

The massage must have helped more yesterday than the therapist thought, by the end of the day I was not limping much. I felt it some during my workout this morning, but not too bad. I know my pain is not related to my shoes, I just switched them out in June and they only have about 50 miles on them.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Hey, so I've not spent a lot of time in this section of the forum, but now that my training plan for the Wine and Dine 1/2 (my first) is about to fire up next week, I figured I should pop myself in and join in on the fun.
This morning was my first attempt at an interval training run (in a long time). 6 intervals of 1/2 mile each with 2 minute slow intervals in-between. Ouchy.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hey, so I've not spent a lot of time in this section of the forum, but now that my training plan for the Wine and Dine 1/2 (my first) is about to fire up next week, I figured I should pop myself in and join in on the fun.
This morning was my first attempt at an interval training run (in a long time). 6 intervals of 1/2 mile each with 2 minute slow intervals in-between. Ouchy.
Welcome to the show. Its fun in here... as long as you like to work and work hard. :D

Ariel484

Hey fellow Wine and Diner! :) Great job
on your first run! You'll be hooked before you know it.

JillC LI

heck I was even MIA on this board for a while.

You were missed.

@sshindel, welcome aboard!

As for me, 5 miles before work this morning, outdoors, hot and humid, but kept a 10:14 pace overall. Forgot to total up the mileage on my current pair of running shoes until afterwards, and it was over 555 miles, so I'm definitely starting a new pair with my next run.

I entered that contest someone mentioned for the free entry and trip to the W&D Half, and now I'm having fantasies about winning it! LOL.:D Is it awful that I'm already trying to figure out how I can convince my hubby to let my son come with me instead of him so we can run together?! :rolleyes: DS has never even run more than a 5K but given his speed and strength, there is not a doubt in my mind that he could run/walk it in the allotted time. Why oh why am I imagining this in such detail?! o_O I'm losing it!

Ariel484

You were missed.

@sshindel, welcome aboard!

As for me, 5 miles before work this morning, outdoors, hot and humid, but kept a 10:14 pace overall. Forgot to total up the mileage on my current pair of running shoes until afterwards, and it was over 555 miles, so I'm definitely starting a new pair with my next run.

I entered that contest someone mentioned for the free entry and trip to the W&D Half, and now I'm having fantasies about winning it! LOL.:D Is it awful that I'm already trying to figure out how I can convince my hubby to let my son come with me instead of him so we can run together?! :rolleyes: DS has never even run more than a 5K but given his speed and strength, there is not a doubt in my mind that he could run/walk it in the allotted time. Why oh why am I imagining this in such detail?! o_O I'm losing it!

That would be an awesome prize to win...I fantasized similarly about winning the contest they had for the Princess Half a couple of years ago. Sadly it stayed a fantasy. :( Great pace on your 5-miler, and YOWZA on the shoe mileage! I bet you'll feel a huge difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per my new half marathon training plan, 2 miles this morning + Ab Ripper X. I've always been curious about the SmartCoach training plans from RunnersWorld.com so I'm trying one for this upcoming half. I used a time from a 10-miler I ran in April to generate the paces, indicating that I'm running 16-21 miles per week and want "very hard" training (go big or go home, right?).

Has anyone ever used SmartCoach? I'm a little nervous about it because I feel like some of the runs might be considered "junk miles" just to get to a certain weekly mileage (i.e. this morning's 2-miler)...also it seems to indicate that if I follow the plan I should expect to take 14 minutes (!) off of my current half PR (granted I was in better shape for that 10-miler that I used compared to when I ran my half Pr in November, but still). I'm not banking on running that fast but I'm curious to see what happens...should be an interesting, or it could be a total disaster. :D

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Hey fellow Wine and Diner! :) Great job
on your first run! You'll be hooked before you know it.

Luckily I've been doing a little running leading up to this. It's my first interval run in a long time, but since I signed up for the WnD 1/2, I started working some runs into my workout routine (which this year just consisted of commuting to work on my bike, 9.25 miles each way). In fact, this past Sunday I ran farther than I've ever run in my life (9 miles, 9:30ish pace). My 16-week training plan starts next week, and I wanted to make sure I wasnt overwhelmed when it came down to it, so I started putting some running miles in. Right now I'm shooing to bike 3 days a week, run 3 or 4 days a week, and it's been working ok so far.

fmingo36

As much as I like running (notice I said like and NOT love), I really enjoy yoga so.....drum roll please...
I have registered to get my certification to teach yoga to children. I am very excited and nervous about the next step in my life. I will always want the Disney bling and continue to run for those precious medals (next year Coast to Coast #2) but I will be more focused on my yoga practice.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
As much as I like running (notice I said like and NOT love), I really enjoy yoga so.....drum roll please...
I have registered to get my certification to teach yoga to children. I am very excited and nervous about the next step in my life. I will always want the Disney bling and continue to run for those precious medals (next year Coast to Coast #2) but I will be more focused on my yoga practice.

Only thing that stinks, I dont live close enough for my girls to attend your class. DANG IT.

With that said.... THAT IS AWESOME! Congrats on your new adventure.

JillC LI

Someone?!? I'm hurt. :D

Oh no, I'm sorry! How could I forget it was you? Thank you for enhancing my Disney running fantasy life. :)

Congratulations Coryna! That's really exciting. Good luck to you.

Sumrdog

3.3 at 10:45 pace with a stiff 18 mph headwind. We have family visiting so I have been doing too much eating, drinking and being merry...my running may suffer this week,but I needed a little break :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It was wonderful to hear my friend. Now go kick their lol.

Kristia

Yay! That sounds like fun! Good luck and congrats on your new adventure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom