What did you do?

ejsanta13

I can't stand to carry anything either. I have lost about 7lbs since May (yippee!) but now I feel like my waist belt that holds water bounces too much, no matter how I cinch it down. So at this point I leave my liquids at the end of my driveway and do 3 mile loops past my house, making figure 8's with my house at the center of the "8". It's not a very interesting run but at least I am staying hydrated.

Does anyone have any recommendation's on waist belts or hydration packs that stay in place when you run. I have a Nathan waist pack. My hydration pack also seems to bounce more than it used to...I know this discussion came up about a month ago too. I am waiting to discover some kind of awesome water carrier that will change my life :)

If you don't mind running with a bottle, CleanBottle makes a device that slips around their bottle and straps to your hand. You don't really need to "hold" the bottle, but it lets you carry one. The device also has a spot to carry your iPhone (note that it will only carry a phone as big as an iPhone4 - wont carry my Rezound). Though it does not carry my phone (which I use for music, gps & tracking), I like using it.

bethram

If you don't mind running with a bottle, CleanBottle makes a device that slips around their bottle and straps to your hand. You don't really need to "hold" the bottle, but it lets you carry one. The device also has a spot to carry your iPhone (note that it will only carry a phone as big as an iPhone4 - wont carry my Rezound). Though it does not carry my phone (which I use for music, gps & tracking), I like using it.
I just bought a holder to put on my water bottle for about $5 at Walmart in the Outdoors section. It doesn't fit my bottle perfectly but it gets the job done and it has a small pocket to put your id/key in. I figured $5 wasn't too much to invest to see if holding/gripping a water bottle worked for me.

Ariel484

7 miles today at an 11:00ish pace. I would have liked to have gone a little faster but it was pretty sunny out and a little warm, and I felt good the entire time so it was a good pace for today. Also, I tried a grape Nuun tablet today and really didn't like the flavor. Hopefully triple berry will be better.

I had a bit of ankle/shin pain...time for new shoes! (450ish miles on my old pair.)

And then after running I pulled some weeds and ended up with 4 bug bites, one on my back of all places. Boooo :(

Kristia

7 miles today at an 11:00ish pace. I would have liked to have gone a little faster but it was pretty sunny out and a little warm, and I felt good the entire time so it was a good pace for today. Also, I tried a grape Nuun tablet today and really didn't like the flavor. Hopefully triple berry will be better.

I had a bit of ankle/shin pain...time for new shoes! (450ish miles on my old pair.)

And then after running I pulled some weeds and ended up with 4 bug bites, one on my back of all places. Boooo :(
The bugs here are insane this year! I guess they are really liking this wet weather. Blah.

Sumrdog

I have seen those, unfortunately I just cannot tolerate anything in or on my hands when I run. It makes that hand go pins and needles after an hour or so...I am much happier with things strapped securely to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------
8.1 miles this morning at an 11 pace. The weather was perfect and I felt really good afterward, like I easily could've done another hour or so. But I had to go get my son at soccer camp and then load up for the farmers market. I sold out of almost all my veggies and eggs. So it was a good day! Now I finally have a few days off!!!!

Ariel484

The bugs here are insane this year! I guess they are really liking this wet weather. Blah.
I bet you are right. Definitely one of the things I hate the most about summer. Luckily the bites I got today don't itch at all, but they're swollen...Benadryl for me!

JillC LI

Up and out and back early this Saturday morning. 7 miles at 10:07 pace. Only about 70 degrees that early but about 99 percent humidity. Should've worn my contact lenses instead of dealing with foggy glasses the whole time!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Up and out and back early this Saturday morning. 7 miles at 10:07 pace. Only about 70 degrees that early but about 99 percent humidity. Should've worn my contact lenses instead of dealing with foggy glasses the whole time!
LOL. But what about sweat in your eyes. Does that bother the contacts?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
15+ miles this morning at Oak Mtn. We took a detour to a place called Kings Chair on the blue trail. It was and always worth it. Sorry for the image so wide you have to scroll, but it is worth it. I live off to the left a few miles from this location, and can see a cell tower on top of signal mtn near my house. So worth the hard work, the getting up at 5:30, missing coffee with Sam (ok, maybe not that) and all the spiders we got on us.

Kings-Chair.jpg

a2grafix

Six miles Saturday afternoon along the Mississippi River trail in about 70 minutes. Another nice day in Memphis. High 87F with low humidity (nice break from humidity) with a nice wind at times. Listened to recent Prince concert I got from some friends and enjoyed the afternoon. Stopped a few more times than I could count but it was my long run of the weekend.

Seven weekends until Disneyland Half.

-em

5 miles tonight- time wise was not bad avg 14.04 a mile but wasn't really pushing since I'll be back on the treadmill in about 8 hours since Im going into 2 13 hr work days so have to get my run in tomorrow morning (59 hour work week- blah)

-em

Kristia

My sis and I did the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run today. It took us close to 1 hour to do the course. Usually in the past we have gone in an earlier heat but today we picked a later start time because my niece was doing the 100 yard dash and we didn't want to wait a long while in between. That cost us time wise because when we got to some of the obstacles there were long waits. We could have bypassed them but decided that what's the point in paying for this kind of race if you skip the best part. I thought my 4-yo niece was going to back out when she saw us at the finish. She looked horrified at how disgusting we looked but she "manned up" and did it. Very cute!

Kristia

10 miles this morning @ about 12:00 pace. Don't know my exact pace because my Garmin went nuts when I got home. I think it just needs to dry out a little. We managed to get out the door at 6:30 am and temp was already 75 with close to 100% humidity. Needless to say it was a tough run! Luckily it stayed overcast the whole time or else it would have been torture.

JillC LI

15+ miles this morning at Oak Mtn. We took a detour to a place called Kings Chair on the blue trail. It was and always worth it. Sorry for the image so wide you have to scroll, but it is worth it. I live off to the left a few miles from this location, and can see a cell tower on top of signal mtn near my house. So worth the hard work, the getting up at 5:30, missing coffee with Sam (ok, maybe not that) and all the spiders we got on us.

View attachment 29057

Beautiful!

My sis and I did the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run today. It took us close to 1 hour to do the course. Usually in the past we have gone in an earlier heat but today we picked a later start time because my niece was doing the 100 yard dash and we didn't want to wait a long while in between. That cost us time wise because when we got to some of the obstacles there were long waits. We could have bypassed them but decided that what's the point in paying for this kind of race if you skip the best part. I thought my 4-yo niece was going to back out when she saw us at the finish. She looked horrified at how disgusting we looked but she "manned up" and did it. Very cute!

Love it! Hope that mud was cool at least :)

bethram

Summer Steamer 10k this morning, it was the second of four races in the Locomotive Series. DD10 ran the 5k and earned a medal for third place in the girls 10 and under division. I finished in 53:52 which is a PR for me. DH ran his first 10k in 1:11 which he was happy with. We need to submit our times to RunDisney for better coral placement for ToT.

Apparently this summer of running is not working well for my legs, yesterday a spot on the side of my foot just below my ankle bone started hurting - I don't remember doing anything to it. Every step of the 10k hurt and I ended up running on my toes (like when you're running up a hill) a lot so it wouldn't hurt as much. I'm taking it easy for the rest of they day and treating with ice and ibuprofen, I'm pretty sure its something muscular but I really don't know what I did to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom