What did you do?

Texas84

I am getting kind of wore out. But I don't want to give up running, which has been suggested by several people I know. At this point running is the only thing in my life that I selfishly do just for me :D!

Doesn't hurt to take a week off once in a while.

I feel guilty because I skipped my run this morning to get in some last-minute studying for a Microsoft certification exam. Probably a good move. I passed. :)

LindsayLoves

I like late night runs too. Trained at night for weeks for the 2012 Tower 10 miler. Fun stuff. Invigorating. Just you, the road, and your music and your thoughts. No one else. No one can see you. There were times at night in 2012 at my former home my mind would play tricks on me too, hearing things, seeing things. I ran sometimes at the nearby school track, but the track was down a hill and embedded. I saw the traffic but they didn't see me.

Not in my neck of the woods :( - there are more people out and about at midnight on a weeknight in my neighborhood than there are at 5am (last call is 4am). At midnight most of them are just getting out of happy hour/dinner/after dinner drinks so maneuvering around them can be tricky...

JillC LI

Not in my neck of the woods :( - there are more people out and about at midnight on a weeknight in my neighborhood than there are at 5am (last call is 4am). At midnight most of them are just getting out of happy hour/dinner/after dinner drinks so maneuvering around them can be tricky...

Yeah, I remember when I lived in NYC during law school, and it never ceased to amaze me how many tiny little shops were still open at 1am, 2am, 3am. The bars I expected, but not all those little stores.

Tomorrow is belly dancing with my standard yoga warm-up.

Hey Coryna, it looks like you're not the only belly dancer 'round these parts! :)

a2grafix

I did run down another street called Main Street, that is near Beale Street, and I saw about 20 folks walking from bars on their way home and some sitting outside of restaurants. Yes, Memphis is a late town. Some places near and along Beale are open until 3am, with one club open until 5am. Luckily where I ran I avoided most of the action, though it was cool running down a pedestrian street with no trolleys or running down a normally busy party street with hardly anybody in the district.

Sumrdog

3.5 miles this morning at 9:11. It felt hotter and more humid this morning and I finally carried a water bottle with me for the first time. It felt weird and threw me off a bit so I put it down at the end of one of my loops and picked it back up on the way home.
I can't stand to carry anything either. I have lost about 7lbs since May (yippee!) but now I feel like my waist belt that holds water bounces too much, no matter how I cinch it down. So at this point I leave my liquids at the end of my driveway and do 3 mile loops past my house, making figure 8's with my house at the center of the "8". It's not a very interesting run but at least I am staying hydrated.

Does anyone have any recommendation's on waist belts or hydration packs that stay in place when you run. I have a Nathan waist pack. My hydration pack also seems to bounce more than it used to...I know this discussion came up about a month ago too. I am waiting to discover some kind of awesome water carrier that will change my life :)

AUPr8Hd

Does anyone have any recommendation's on waist belts or hydration packs that stay in place when you run. I have a Nathan waist pack. My hydration pack also seems to bounce more than it used to...I know this discussion came up about a month ago too. I am waiting to discover some kind of awesome water carrier that will change my life :)

You should check out iFitness belts. I have a couple that I use that aren't the hydration belts, just the pouch.

Yesterday - Crossfit (hang power cleans and single unders) in the morning with a 3 mile run in the evening
Today - Crossfit (deadlifts and wall balls); no running

fmingo36

An unexpected run this morning. After dropping the girls off at Rec camp, I came home to find their lunchbox with snacks and water left on the counter. So instead of driving it to the camp, I threw on my sneakers and ran 1.75 miles to school with lunchbox in hand. Took a different route home-ended up with 3.5 miles. Got home, changed my shirt and sports bra because they were drenched from the muggy weather run and went to the gym for an hr. of pilates/yoga. My legs feel a bit like jello now. LOVE IT!

diddy_mouse

It was one of those days where you just walk outside and you start to sweat.

I totally agree with this. When I left my office for the day, took 5 steps to get in the car, and was already sweating. Bleck!

It is shortly after midnight in Memphis, early Wednesday. It is 85F and I went on a midnight run. Why you ask? Because I can and Wednesday's high is 99F. That's why.

Cool part I ran down a deserted Beale Street. Only saw about 10 patrons hanging outside of the bars.

A late night run sounds like an interesting venture. And I saw you mentioned a little further down that you trained at night for the ToT 10 Miler. Did doing so help better prepare you for that race, since it was a nighttime event? I had considered registering for it (didn't happen) and didn't think about how different running at night might be.

*** I managed to get in my yoga once I got home from work. I'm starting to notice little improvements here and there. Lunges are getting deeper, I can hold poses for a few seconds longer, and I start feeling more relaxed once I'm done.

Kristia

35 minutes on my bike tonight. Went about 7 miles or so. Still super sticky and humid out. Hoping the weekend will be a little cooler because my sis and I are running in the Down and Dirty Mud Run in Philly on Saturday. My 4-yo niece is doing the 100 yard mud run dash too. Can't wait to see that! We are all counting the days till we can go to Disney. 29 days to go! It will be my niece's first trip!

Sumrdog

Just now 3.1 miles, 90 degrees and blazing sunshine. Miles 1 and 2 were at my usual pace, mile 3 not so much. I think I walked for about 5 minutes...The heat really takes it out of me. All of you in the south have my utmost admiration!

Ariel484

Yesterday - lifting + Ab Ripper X
Today - 3 miles on the treadmill...a tempo run I guess. Overall average pace of 9:40. I felt like a total zombie heading in to the gym this morning and by the time I got off the treadmill I felt pretty great. Could running actually be better than coffee...?!

cloe111479

Hi all! First time posting in here. Training for the Jingle Jungle 5k in November. Wont be my first 5k (or even first longer distance -- 10k) but it will be my first time really running. I have been using the Galloway app and doing ok with it.

Yesterday -- week 3 day 2 of the app for 1.8 miles and a 2nd lap (2miles) around the park walking.

today -- headed to body pump after work. :)

cloe111479

Oh and I'm in New orleans --- sooooo hot and muggy. I typically still run outside b/c treadmills and the indoor track at the gym bore me to death.

Kristia

Oh and I'm in New orleans --- sooooo hot and muggy. I typically still run outside b/c treadmills and the indoor track at the gym bore me to death.
Welcome to our Disney running family! :) I am in NJ and it has been disgustingly hot and muggy here too. I am forced to go outside for my workouts since I don't own a treadmill and the gyms are too far away to be convenient. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? I told my husband the other day that we are going to kick a$$ on our fall runs since we have been training in such disgusting condition this summer!

Mr mom

As stated above, welcome to our family. I live in eastern Canada, so heat, when we get it, is always welcome. I will complain about cold but never heat, lol And yeah I cannot stand treadmills, even if I do own one. Surprisingly we have had more than a few days up over 100, which for us is considered brutal but where Joel is would be called a cool afternoon...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom