What did you do?

Texas84

Oh and I'm in New orleans --- sooooo hot and muggy. I typically still run outside b/c treadmills and the indoor track at the gym bore me to death.

Welcome! I lived in Lafayette for a year. Had to get out after I gained 30 pounds. The food, wow. The running almost has me back to pre-Lafayette weight. :)

Texas84

I can't stand to carry anything either. I have lost about 7lbs since May (yippee!) but now I feel like my waist belt that holds water bounces too much, no matter how I cinch it down. So at this point I leave my liquids at the end of my driveway and do 3 mile loops past my house, making figure 8's with my house at the center of the "8". It's not a very interesting run but at least I am staying hydrated.

Does anyone have any recommendation's on waist belts or hydration packs that stay in place when you run. I have a Nathan waist pack. My hydration pack also seems to bounce more than it used to...I know this discussion came up about a month ago too. I am waiting to discover some kind of awesome water carrier that will change my life :)

I second the iFitness. Really like their belts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
An unexpected run this morning. After dropping the girls off at Rec camp, I came home to find their lunchbox with snacks and water left on the counter. So instead of driving it to the camp, I threw on my sneakers and ran 1.75 miles to school with lunchbox in hand. Took a different route home-ended up with 3.5 miles. Got home, changed my shirt and sports bra because they were drenched from the muggy weather run and went to the gym for an hr. of pilates/yoga. My legs feel a bit like jello now. LOVE IT!
That. A. Girl. Nice job.

JillC LI

An unexpected run this morning. After dropping the girls off at Rec camp, I came home to find their lunchbox with snacks and water left on the counter. So instead of driving it to the camp, I threw on my sneakers and ran 1.75 miles to school with lunchbox in hand. Took a different route home-ended up with 3.5 miles.

Love this!

Hi all! First time posting in here. Training for the Jingle Jungle 5k in November. Wont be my first 5k (or even first longer distance -- 10k) but it will be my first time really running. I have been using the Galloway app and doing ok with it.

Welcome from me as well! My sister and I are contemplating taking our mom to New Orleans for Mardi Gras for her soon-to-be 70th birthday!

As for me, 3.5 miles of speedwork on the TM this morning.

joel_maxwell

5.5 miles this morning. I was disappointed a little, the humidity was only 94%.

Swimming tomorrow if the pool at the Y is fixed. Got an email last night after the flooding storms came through saying it was closed today.

Looks like Ill log 45-50 miles this week depending on Saturdays distance with a friend on the trails. Ramping up my mileage a bit sooner this summer then planned. My legs are letting me know the increase, but they will adjust soon enough.

a2grafix

A late night run sounds like an interesting venture. And I saw you mentioned a little further down that you trained at night for the ToT 10 Miler. Did doing so help better prepare you for that race, since it was a nighttime event? I had considered registering for it (didn't happen) and didn't think about how different running at night might be.

Two-sided. I work swing shift, so I get into work around 2pm and work until around 11pm-midnight. It seemed more logical to run at night (being careful on the roads with reflective gear) than running during the day because I had more time. I sometimes ran and still do run on the weekends during the day or early evening or sometimes mornings, when it's not too hot, or if I don't have any time-restrictive issues (meaning I am pressed for time in 90 minutes to get to work). I want to put in a good run.

Running at night feels natural and it did help me a little bit in prepping for the Tower 10 miler. It is also going to help me prep for November's Wine and Dine half at WDW. Most of my night runs have been between 3 and 5 miles.

a2grafix

Just now 3.1 miles, 90 degrees and blazing sunshine. Miles 1 and 2 were at my usual pace, mile 3 not so much. I think I walked for about 5 minutes...The heat really takes it out of me. All of you in the south have my utmost admiration!

I was going to to run Thursday morning in Memphis, but when I woke up at 10am it was already 86F (and 92F by the noon hour). I'm going to run tonight, around midnight or so when the temp will be a little more comfortable - in the mid-70s. Much better than the 85F I ran at 1am around midnight Tuesday.

bethram

Oh and I'm in New orleans --- sooooo hot and muggy. I typically still run outside b/c treadmills and the indoor track at the gym bore me to death.

Welcome!

I ran in NOLA once in early June and that was plenty! I live in Atlanta, so I'm not much better off than you but it's not quite as brutal here.

a2grafix

What a difference 48 hours makes. Another midnight run but this time it was 78F and windy at 1am for my 3.50 mile run in Memphis. It was 85F at 1am 2 nights ago, and there was hardly any wind. Yeah, stifling. Not good for a midnight run but I did it.

Thursday's high was 96F with a heat index of 102F but by 10pm it had "cooled" off to 85F. A definite cool front did push through Thursday evening as it will struggle to hit 89F on Friday and 90F on Saturday and Sunday. lows in the upper 60s. Yesssssss.

You know that that means - cooler daytime running for me this weekend!

bethram

3.7 miles this morning at 8:51. I'm happy with my pace but I really wish I could have gotten another half mile in, I was under pressure to be home before DH left for work. 10k race on Sunday so this is my last workout before then unless we decide to go mountain biking.

ETA: I did carry my water bottle for the entire distance today, it didn't feel quite as awkward but I did switch between hands when it started to feel heavy.

joel_maxwell

With the massive storms that came through Wednesday night, there was flash flooding events happening across the area. One of them was the YMCA pool. So much runn off washed into the pool, they had to drain it, clean it and refill it. Closed till Sunday. :mad:

Making up swim Monday, double run this weekend again. My legs better put up or shut up.

Long run tomorrow with 2 friends.

fmingo36

With the massive storms that came through Wednesday night, there was flash flooding events happening across the area. One of them was the YMCA pool. So much runn off washed into the pool, they had to drain it, clean it and refill it. Closed till Sunday. :mad:

Maybe they should have kept it muddy so people could have a place to train for mud runs. :rolleyes:

Hope you and your girls were safe in the storms.

joel_maxwell

Maybe they should have kept it muddy so people could have a place to train for mud runs. :rolleyes:

Hope you and your girls were safe in the storms.
Or the lake swims. Remember, Im working on that anxiety thing.... :)

We are good... even though both girls were scared to death during the storms, Sam was stuck at the barn with all those horses going nuts because of the lightning etc... but we made it out ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom