What did you do?

dreamfinder

My official time was 39:38 for a 5K and a 12:47 split time. I'm deciding to subtract at least 11 minutes from that time for the train delay and the cop directing traffic delay, so I finished sub-30 for the 5K, so say 28:30. I won't say anything if you don't say anything.

Really? Train then getting stopped for traffic? Interesting race to say the least.

Sorry, don't know the dude. Haven't seen his name in UR mag.

I didn't get a chance to grab those brews, but I did get a hold of Vermonster and Switchback IPAs...boss beers, boss.

Both are real solid beers. Although I almost think I like the red Switchback is doing in small batches more than their IPA.

Did a 5k on the 4th, same as everyone else, nasty heat and humidity that is plaguing the nation right now. About a minute more than I was hoping for, but I'll live. Fri was cross training, Sat was mile up/down with 6@7:03 and Sun was 11@8. Did 10 minutes of core/pylo nonstop after the runs Sat/Sun and my abs hate me right now. But I am starting to feel them in different places than ever before.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Morning all. I was off the grid for the weekend. As I texted Nick on Sunday, Sam refused to let me run more than 90 minutes at a time until the Doc clears me. So, I crammed as much as I could into those runs this weekend.

10 miles Saturday in the rain
10 miles Sunday in the rain

I dont think my gear is dry yet. Just stayed wet all weekend. Happy Monday.

Ariel484

Saturday was my long run for the week at 14 miles...kind of a low point for me during this marathon training cycle. Looking back on it the run was okay, just a little slower than I would have liked, but I got really discouraged over it for some reason and mentally I just really wasn't into it. My legs were pretty sore and I could feel that I was sweating salt. I didn't have any cash on me so I texted my husband at 11.5 miles to meet me at a Walgreen's so I could buy some Gatorade. That helped a lot. The only other time I've trained for a marathon has been in the fall/winter (for Disney in 2012 and 2013) and I'm definitely realizing that I need to make some fueling and hydration changes in training for Akron. I got some Nuun tablets to try this weekend...hopefully that will help. Also, I hereby resolve to start carrying some cash with me on my runs!

After feeling so crappy on Saturday we went to see Book of Mormon (hilarious! And filled with Disney references! :)) and I took yesterday as a rest day and slept almost 12 hours...really needed that. That's another thing I need to work on in addition to hydration and fueling...getting enough sleep. Today was lifting and Ab Ripper X.

Kristia

Saturday was my long run for the week at 14 miles...kind of a low point for me during this marathon training cycle. Looking back on it the run was okay, just a little slower than I would have liked, but I got really discouraged over it for some reason and mentally I just really wasn't into it. My legs were pretty sore and I could feel that I was sweating salt. I didn't have any cash on me so I texted my husband at 11.5 miles to meet me at a Walgreen's so I could buy some Gatorade. That helped a lot. The only other time I've trained for a marathon has been in the fall/winter (for Disney in 2012 and 2013) and I'm definitely realizing that I need to make some fueling and hydration changes in training for Akron. I got some Nuun tablets to try this weekend...hopefully that will help. Also, I hereby resolve to start carrying some cash with me on my runs!

After feeling so crappy on Saturday we went to see Book of Mormon (hilarious! And filled with Disney references! :)) and I took yesterday as a rest day and slept almost 12 hours...really needed that. That's another thing I need to work on in addition to hydration and fueling...getting enough sleep. Today was lifting and Ab Ripper X.
I agree...training for a marathon in this weather stinks! I was supposed to do 10 this weekend but it didn't happen. I will have to step it up next weekend. You are lucky you can stop and buy something. Out in the boonies, I don't run by anything! We had some particularly hot weather when training for Disney last Sept and we both ran out of water on our 13 mile run. It was tough getting back.

I want to see Book of Mormon! It is coming to Philadelphia next year and we hope to catch it then.

joel_maxwell

Got in 3.5 miles in this morning. Still hot (about 84 degrees) here in NJ but the humidity wasn't as bad as it has been. See Nick--I sucked it up and didn't run on the TM in the AC.;)
Hoping to get in a yoga class tonight. My hips don't lie---they need it!!!
Im proud of you. Low humidity makes all the difference. I cant say i experienced the same thing, but I am proud that you got outside.

I wont say who, but someone texted me asking what the temp was here in Alabama during the first week of November. I laughed and said that typically, on Halloween night, we are walking the kids around sweating my A off still.

LindsayLoves

I love Nuun! A few flavors (eg Iced Tea/Kona Cola) aren't my favorite for use while running, but are great for a pre-run punch of caffeine and hydration in one. I use them for training all the time but if I am getting a month or two out from my goal race I switch over to whatever they use so my body can get adjusted to that.

Don't get too discouraged about your slow pace for your training run. From all the Hal Higdon stuff I have read recently he is all about taking those runs slow, its about the mileage not the pace for him. I have decided against doing a fall marathon this year for a few reasons but I am definitely lined up for a spring AND a fall for next season. I am definitely looking forward to the winter training plan over the summer.

Still need to see the Book of Mormon, I am a terrible New Yorker.

Ariel484

I agree...training for a marathon in this weather stinks! I was supposed to do 10 this weekend but it didn't happen. I will have to step it up next weekend. You are lucky you can stop and buy something. Out in the boonies, I don't run by anything! We had some particularly hot weather when training for Disney last Sept and we both ran out of water on our 13 mile run. It was tough getting back.

I want to see Book of Mormon! It is coming to Philadelphia next year and we hope to catch it then.
Yes it does! I sort of forgot about having to do long runs in July and August when I signed up for this...maybe someday I'll be smarter about it and just wake up earlier to get them done. I have the Walgreen's on my route and I think there are a couple of vending machines too, so I'll definitely start carrying cash.

Book of Mormon was fantastic! I didn't read up on it much ahead of time, so I was surprised at how vulgar it was...but it was hilarious! Of course I should have expected that since it's from the guys that created South Park. Next up we have tickets to see The Lion King in August!! :D

I love Nuun! A few flavors (eg Iced Tea/Kona Cola) aren't my favorite for use while running, but are great for a pre-run punch of caffeine and hydration in one. I use them for training all the time but if I am getting a month or two out from my goal race I switch over to whatever they use so my body can get adjusted to that.

Don't get too discouraged about your slow pace for your training run. From all the Hal Higdon stuff I have read recently he is all about taking those runs slow, its about the mileage not the pace for him. I have decided against doing a fall marathon this year for a few reasons but I am definitely lined up for a spring AND a fall for next season. I am definitely looking forward to the winter training plan over the summer.

Okay, good...glad to hear good things about Nuun. I saw the Cola flavor and was like...whaaa?? o_O I think I grabbed a couple grapes and a couple of triple berry tablets.

Yes, you are right about the slower long runs being okay, so I'm not sure what my problem was. I think my pace was 1:40 slower than my goal pace, which isn't the end of the world. After this one I have a May marathon lined up so I'll be back to running in the colder weather...and LOVING it, I'm sure. It's crazy how much of a difference the weather can make.

Go see Book of Mormon!! I'm listening to the soundtrack right now in my cube. :D

Banzai

Saturday was my long run for the week at 14 miles...kind of a low point for me during this marathon training cycle. Looking back on it the run was okay, just a little slower than I would have liked, but I got really discouraged over it for some reason and mentally I just really wasn't into it...After feeling so crappy on Saturday we went to see Book of Mormon (hilarious! And filled with Disney references! :)) and I took yesterday as a rest day and slept almost 12 hours...really needed that. That's another thing I need to work on in addition to hydration and fueling...getting enough sleep. Today was lifting and Ab Ripper X.

Sounds like you are working hard, Lady. Nothing to be too bummed about. I, for one, am impressed. Doing 14 miles in rough conditions is a feat! Sometimes it's hard to let yourself take a down day but it feels so darn good when you do.

Banzai

Back in Bogota and I definitely felt the elevation change on day one. It's a light sleep and mild hyperventilating. I'm definitely going to make some adjustments this time. I'm gonna try iron pills to see if they help with the acclimation and spend the early days incuding more long walks. That should help me get some benefit before I start runs again.

JillC LI

These kind of runs are miserable when you're going through them, but they are the ones that make you stronger for the marathon. I have a distinct memory of a 13 mile run I did on a ridiculously hot and humid day years ago while training for the NYC Marathon. I barely finished it but it wasn't pretty. However, when I was struggling to continue running around mile 21 of the marathon, I reminded myself how if I could finish that miserable 13 miler then I could finish this too. Congrats to you on completing it.

Me too. I've wanted to see it for ages but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Kristia

@Ariel484 - We just saw Wicked in Philly! Second time seeing it there and we saw War Horse over the winter. We saw Lion King last year. Love the Broadway on the Go series! Philadelphia is so much closer for us than NYC. The venue may be smaller but the cast is just as good.

Ariel484

Sounds like you are working hard, Lady. Nothing to be too bummed about. I, for one, am impressed. Doing 14 miles in rough conditions is a feat! Sometimes it's hard to let yourself take a down day but it feels so darn good when you do.
Thanks Mark...I'm trying! And yes, I feel MUCH better after that rest day. :)

Back in Bogota and I definitely felt the elevation change on day one. It's a light sleep and mild hyperventilating. I'm definitely going to make some adjustments this time. I'm gonna try iron pills to see if they help with the acclimation and spend the early days incuding more long walks. That should help me get some benefit before I start runs again.
Yikes. Be careful!

These kind of runs are miserable when you're going through them, but they are the ones that make you stronger for the marathon. I have a distinct memory of a 13 mile run I did on a ridiculously hot and humid day years ago while training for the NYC Marathon. I barely finished it but it wasn't pretty. However, when I was struggling to continue running around mile 21 of the marathon, I reminded myself how if I could finish that miserable 13 miler then I could finish this too. Congrats to you on completing it.
Thanks Jill, that's a great point. Maybe it wasn't the best physically (though I'm sure I benefited from it) but it probably did a lot for my mental toughness.
Me too. I've wanted to see it for ages but haven't gotten around to it yet.
See it!...but probably don't take the kids. :eek:

@Ariel484 - We just saw Wicked in Philly! Second time seeing it there and we saw War Horse over the winter. We saw Lion King last year. Love the Broadway on the Go series! Philadelphia is so much closer for us than NYC. The venue may be smaller but the cast is just as good.

I love Wicked!! I've seen it twice and Will's seen it 3 times. Yes, I love that the shows tour. I tried to get tickets for Beauty and the Beast in the winter but it was sold out, so that one's on my wish list too. If Book of Mormon comes back we'll probably see it again. :)

LindsayLoves

Just over 4 miles @ a 9:51 pace which included several walking/water fountain breaks. The goal was a half hour of running and I made that plus some. Right now its the small battles that count. I am really making an effort to get as acclimated as possible to these conditions.

fmingo36

Im proud of you. Low humidity makes all the difference. I cant say i experienced the same thing, but I am proud that you got outside.

I wont say who, but someone texted me asking what the temp was here in Alabama during the first week of November. I laughed and said that typically, on Halloween night, we are walking the kids around sweating my A off still.

I know who and I know why.

joel_maxwell

I know who and I know why.
Bingo

Pinhoti...
So, is it official or still looking at it? Here are your average temps (humidity probably mild):

daily_high_and_low_temperature_in_november_temperature_f.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom