What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
8:15am and I am back from a 7 miler, showered and ready to start the day. Brutally hot and humid, even at the early hour. My garmin battery died 2 minutes into the run which may have turned out to be a good thing because I didn't feel compelled to keep up any specific pace. Based on my approximate start and finish times, I managed to go a little over 10 minute pace which impresses me.

In the time it took me to type this one finger at a time on my kindle, I'm already sweating again. Ugh. I think I need another cold shower!
That is how I feel after a lunch break swim or workout in the summer. It is so hard to cool off. Im driving down the road with the AC on 100% and that still isnt good enough. I dont want to be a wet mess going back to work.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You are better than me. I rejoined the gym for the air conditioning. (Sorry, Nick--I'm a wimp!)
*Im not seeing this, Im not seeing this*

2013-07-03_19-05-06_96.jpg
That is hysterical.

Ariel484

In the time it took me to type this one finger at a time on my kindle, I'm already sweating again. Ugh. I think I need another cold shower!

Ugh, that's the worst. :( I hate that!

@Ariel484 - Great time! I really hate people sometimes. I have noticed that most people in races and other running events are super nice but there are always a few bad apples and those are the ones you seem to remember and hear the most. If you can't say something positive SHUT THE bleep UP! Shame on you for even running if you aren't going to try your best.
Thanks! I know, people suck sometimes. You're right that the bad apples are the most memorable, which is super unfortunate. He's the second bad one that I really remember. :( But YES, the other 99% of runners are pretty awesome, thankfully! :D

------------------------------

3 miles @ 10:25 today followed by Ab Ripper X...my legs are SUPER sore today but they feel better after running. I ran the first 0.5 miles with my husband before we took off in different directions (he was planning on 1.75 miles)...unfortunately I don't think we'll ever be perfect running buddies because his legs are so much longer than mine are, so I felt like either I had to really speed up to keep up with him or he really had to slow down. Hmm...it was still fun though! :)

bethram

3 miles @ 10:25 today followed by Ab Ripper X...my legs are SUPER sore today but they feel better after running. I ran the first 0.5 miles with my husband before we took off in different directions (he was planning on 1.75 miles)...unfortunately I don't think we'll ever be perfect running buddies because his legs are so much longer than mine are, so I felt like either I had to really speed up to keep up with him or he really had to slow down. Hmm...it was still fun though! :)

My sister and I tried running together a couple times and it just doesn't work because my legs are longer than hers and I run faster than her.

bethram

6.2 miles at 9:03 pace which is rather slow for me but it doesn't bother me because 1) the last time I ran was one week ago and I've hardly been active this week and 2) it was 70 degrees with 95% humidity when I left the house. We've got a 10k next Sunday so I'm happy that I was able to get the full distance in this morning. I should be able to get in three more runs between now and then and at least two Tapout workouts, of course my sister will be in town for most of the week so who knows.

Sumrdog

I did 6 miles yesterday morning at 11:02, I felt really sluggish. Perhaps I had one drink too many at the 4th of July barbecue...Which is funny because I only had 2 total. Then I had to get ready for the farmers market, I picked, washed and packaged 10lbs of potatoes and 4lbs of lettuce. We didn't get home from the market until 8:45 last night, now I am off to the hospital for a 12 hour shift.

Texas84

Another week of Higdon. 3 miles T-W-Th and 5 miles this morning followed by an hour of mowing wet grass. 20 extra weightwatcher points! The sun has finally come out and my crabapple tree is about to fall over. We're 22 inches ahead on rainfall for the year. Feel like I'm back in Louisiana. Standing water everywhere.

Kristia

Did a 5k race today that was held in the next town over from us. Hometown Celebration 5k in Egg Harbor City. It was so flipping hot! Temp at the start was about 83 with 84% humidity. Ran an ok time of 32:31 unofficially for a 10:10 pace. It was the inaugural year for this race and I thought they did a pretty good job. Turnout was light but overall it was a nice race besides the heat. I was supposed to do 10 miles today but due to the race, I am thinking of making this my step back week and will do 10 next week. Although, I do have the Down and Dirty mud run next week. I will probably be able to fit in some miles tomorrow.

a2grafix

Registered for another half marathon Saturday. This will make it four half marathons before I close out 2013. I entered into the Space Coast Marathon / Half (http://spacecoastmarathon.com/) that runs Dec. 1 in Cocoa, Fla., in the shadows of Kennedy Space Center.

I have been considering entering this run for several weeks now (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/have-you-ever-run-races-on-consecutive-days-weeks.865730/) and decided to enter.

In a matter of 6 days in December I will run 26.2 miles - 2 half marathons - in two states; the Space Coast and the St. Jude Memphis Half.

Better yet, in a matter of 23 days I will run two half marathons in Central Florida - WDW Wine and Dine Half and the Space Coast Half; and in 29 days three half marathons. Whoo boy.

I think I am crazy committed to running the Space Coast Half for the next 5 years to earn the coveted "Big Bang Series" recognition.

Anyone running with me?

main_6.png

Kristia

Would love to run those Space Coast races. I wish we were closer to Florida! We might be able to do the 3 of them. Definitely can't do one this year. Those medals are awesome!

-em

I *love* running Space Coast- This will be my 3rd year running the half and its the only race on my *must* run list (and definitely in for the Challenge!- Id give up all the Disney races before I wont run Space Coast..)

After 3 months of zero motivation (and almost zero running) I now have 5 runs under my belt this week in training for Dumbo- all 5Ks except 1 5m but plan to do a 5m/7m back to back day run this week- Time wise- about 2 min off my usual pace for long runs and 1 min off for shorter runs but since Im worried more about distance than speed at this point Im not picking on myself too much yet...

-em

a2grafix

I *love* running Space Coast- This will be my 3rd year running the half and its the only race on my *must* run list (and definitely in for the Challenge!- Id give up all the Disney races before I wont run Space Coast..)

My wife and I are both in for the Space Coast! I agree, the bling looks awesome. I love the whole premise

Glad to know I won't be running alone. Coolness. Yes, this Space Race challenge looks great. I just hope my family doesn't mind me running instead of eating Thanksgiving dinner and going Christmas shopping and watching football with them.

Banzai

Hung a slow 3 miler this AM. I definitely feel the effects of the limited training down in Bogota. Of course, the monster humidity here doesn't help, either.

diddy_mouse

1.62mi on the treadmill, 1.58 on the elliptical so 3.2mi total. Not gonna lie, but it was not an easy go when I was there. I barely ran on the treadmill and instead opted for a fast walk on an incline. I did push it a little harder on the elliptical to try and make up some time, if you will.

Cross-training tomorrow after work. :)

bethram

4.31 miles at 8:50 this morning, better than Saturday. One day I'm going to get used to this heat and humidity combination, but knowing me it won't be until September or October when its also starting to cool down. On the good side of that, I should be prepared for the heat for the ToT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom