What did you do?

Mr mom

Congrats on that race time Kristi! Getting under 30 for a 5K is an exciting accomplishment. Too bad Dan didn't win the flight.

Coryna, nice job building up from scratch there. It's tough work.

Joel, can't wait to hear the race report.

Mr. Mom (what is your name?), glad the rib's healing up.

Imagination 30, great pace!

Beth, bike rides sound fun. Sounds like you have some good workouts planned for the summer.

As for me, 7 miles yesterday at 10:01 pace. Hot but not too humid, so I can't complaint. Then I did a lot of gardening including planting our new cherry tree with my hubby. I can't wait for it to bear fruit!

Ha ha, my name is Paul

diddy_mouse

Congrats on finishing the tri @joel_maxwell! I can't imagine how people do tris that involve swimming in the ocean, having to work with the currents and such. Heh heh, no thank you!

As for me I've fallen off the running wagon these past two weeks. :( But that's why I come to this neck of the woods...to get inspired and get my @** in gear. :D The good thing is, I have a running buddy now and I think that will help me stay on track.

bethram

3.9 miles this morning in new shoes. I was hoping they might help with the foot pain, but no luck. I'm sitting here with ice on it.

Sumrdog

3.9 miles this morning in new shoes. I was hoping they might help with the foot pain, but no luck. I'm sitting here with ice on it.
Sorry your foot hurts :(

I had a stress fracture in my 5 th metatarsal this winter. It was not fun, I think we had the KT tape conversation about it...

Have you tried an orthotic insert for your shoes? That has been working well for me so far...I guess it depends on your feet, I have really high arches. Good luck, it is so discouraging to want to run and then have some painful body part stop you.

Mr mom

That sucks, have you ever had someone assess your gait etc. I for example need extra arch support but I also over pronate, which means my feet have a tendency to twist in a direction not conducive to running. So to keep my feet in alignment I use a shoe with a full pronation bar and when I can get them also has an adjustable arch strap. I had two pairs of saucony's that were awesome. Right now I am back with asics for the full bar but have not been able to find any with the arch strap.

Mr mom

Well, after my run yesterday I split wood for an hour and a half. Last night a neighbor's dog got spooked by an idiot with a truck and I ran about two miles trying to get her back. She did get back safely but crocs are not meant for running and I feared I would be in trouble today for running. I was sore and worn a bit but still managed to pull out another 11.2 but at about a 10 second mile slower.

Ariel484

@bethram sorry you are still having issues. Maybe time for a podiatrist/ortho visit? :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to stay at work late for a meeting today (scheduled to go until 7PM :(), which meant I was able to come in later than usual. So I did 6 miles @ marathon pace this morning. Really great run and a great way to start off the day. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Congrats on finishing the tri @joel_maxwell! I can't imagine how people do tris that involve swimming in the ocean, having to work with the currents and such. Heh heh, no thank you!
Yeh, ocean swim is crazy talk. I got master nice calm lake water first.

So is the whole black wardrobe from the HOUSE OF THE MACHINE collection? ;)
:D Well, my Tri shorts were black, my TAC hat is black, so why not get a black compression shirt. I cant pull off neon like you can Coryna. That shirts works really well under my hydration vest too.

Lol. M ycrew found it hard to get certain clothes from my bag...
Note to self Nick, do like moms do when sending kids to camp, place individual shirts etc into clear freezer bags and label them.

Sorry to hear this Beth. Hope it heals up soon.

JillC LI

Finally got to read your race report @joel_maxwell. What an experience! Between dealing with the dark lake water, the 100% humidity, and the fact that this was your first tri, you should be so proud. You worked really hard for this, and you had a great result. It only gets better from here. Particularly amazing times on the run, but then again, this IS the Disney RUNNING forum. :D

I completely sympathize with the dark water from a different perspective. When I was younger I loved to swim and was a strong swimmer, but as my eye sight got worse and I couldn't see anything under water, I lost my enjoyment for it. I'd be freaked out if I couldn't see underwater in a lake. But now that you know what you might face next time, you can prepare for it and overcome it.

I was LOL that you wouldn't pose for your mom. I guess sons never outgrow that. Mine get so embarrassed if I try to take a pic of him. Who took all those other great pics. (Loved Coryna's comment about you sporting a look from The Machine's collection. LOL)

Congratulations to you.

Ha ha, my name is Paul

Nice to meet ya Paul!

nnjamison

So I am a total slacker not posting last night what I did! tooo tired! I am training for my very first RunDisney event and event. period. plus building a home...so sleep was calling my name! I ran my first "5k" through the Jeff Galloway 5k app. And it MURDERED me! I was so slow. I am contributing that to the fact that the humidity was killer was yesterday...but hey I finished and that is all that truly matters to me! :) Woot woot! AND I just got registered for the PHM! :cool:

bethram

Sorry your foot hurts :(

I had a stress fracture in my 5 th metatarsal this winter. It was not fun, I think we had the KT tape conversation about it...

Have you tried an orthotic insert for your shoes? That has been working well for me so far...I guess it depends on your feet, I have really high arches. Good luck, it is so discouraging to want to run and then have some painful body part stop you.
That sucks, have you ever had someone assess your gait etc. I for example need extra arch support but I also over pronate, which means my feet have a tendency to twist in a direction not conducive to running. So to keep my feet in alignment I use a shoe with a full pronation bar and when I can get them also has an adjustable arch strap. I had two pairs of saucony's that were awesome. Right now I am back with asics for the full bar but have not been able to find any with the arch strap.

I do pronate slightly and I have high arches, but my Mizunos work well for it - I just replaced my pair and did not switch to something new. I have thought about going to the doctor, but I haven't bitten the bullet yet. I don't want to be told that I can't run :rolleyes:

I think it is related to the fall I took on my mountain bike on Memorial Day. I was going too fast down a hill, hit a root, and fell onto my right side scraping up my leg and twisting my ankle. It was sore afterward, but nothing major. I do have an appointment with a massage therapist on Saturday, hopefully she can help it a bit, if not I'll probably put more consideration in to visiting a doctor.

Thanks for all the thoughts!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Finally got to read your race report @joel_maxwell. What an experience! Between dealing with the dark lake water, the 100% humidity, and the fact that this was your first tri, you should be so proud. You worked really hard for this, and you had a great result. It only gets better from here. Particularly amazing times on the run, but then again, this IS the Disney RUNNING forum. :D

I completely sympathize with the dark water from a different perspective. When I was younger I loved to swim and was a strong swimmer, but as my eye sight got worse and I couldn't see anything under water, I lost my enjoyment for it. I'd be freaked out if I couldn't see underwater in a lake. But now that you know what you might face next time, you can prepare for it and overcome it.

I was LOL that you wouldn't pose for your mom. I guess sons never outgrow that. Mine get so embarrassed if I try to take a pic of him. Who took all those other great pics. (Loved Coryna's comment about you sporting a look from The Machine's collection. LOL)

Congratulations to you.

Nice to meet ya Paul!
Thanks Jill. Well, my mother took the other pics. She was a rock start and got there on time. I completely forgive Sam for being a little late with the kids. She made T2 and the final. The problem with my mom taking pictures is that she takes an extra 20 seconds to take it. By the time I stop, smile and count to 5, Im done.

I have started coming to the dark side like Nick. I know it is his signature look.

So I am a total slacker not posting last night what I did! tooo tired! I am training for my very first RunDisney event and event. period. plus building a home...so sleep was calling my name! I ran my first "5k" through the Jeff Galloway 5k app. And it MURDERED me! I was so slow. I am contributing that to the fact that the humidity was killer was yesterday...but hey I finished and that is all that truly matters to me! :) Woot woot! AND I just got registered for the PHM! :cool:
Keep working at it. Never underestimate the humidity of a Disney event. The 2 I have done, it has been 80%+ for both night events.

Sumrdog

I am so excited for you!

Sumrdog

I did not run yet today but I did get up at 6am and successfully book a one bedroom at The BCV's for the marathon! We are going to stay for a week after the marathon and this time the whole family is coming!
We are DVC members and our home resort is SSR so I had to wait until the 7 month window for a non home resort booking. So excited! I probably should get back to work...just wanted to share :)

Ariel484

I did not run yet today but I did get up at 6am and successfully book a one bedroom at The BCV's for the marathon! We are going to stay for a week after the marathon and this time the whole family is coming!
We are DVC members and our home resort is SSR so I had to wait until the 7 month window for a non home resort booking. So excited! I probably should get back to work...just wanted to share :)

Congrats!! I stayed at BCV for the marathon in 2012. :)

Kristia

Awesome! We stayed there for the marathon in January!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom