What did you do?

Sumrdog

We've got one of those, too, the guy who gave it to us called it a "trail rider." DH is the only one who has pulled our son so far but I'm sure it won't be long before I get the honor since I plan to take the kids riding at a local park at least once a week this summer. It is also my goal to get DS off of training wheels and onto a two-wheeler by the end of June so hopefully we won't need the trail rider for long.

We started our son on one of those strider bikes with no pedals when he was 3, its a two wheeler and they learn to glide and keep their balance. They are supposed to make it easier for kids to learn to ride a two wheeled bike. So we are skipping the training wheels step, my son has short legs so pedaling has been a challenge...So I have a similar goal, we have to work at it in spurts though, my son doesn't like to fall.

Mr mom

Thanks! I am hoping this rain moves out. Today was supposed to be a run day for me, but with the buckets of rain coming down, I don't think I could have seen my hand in front of my face! It was crazy out!

Yeah, that rain arrived here today

topher

4 miles on the treadmill.
Felt pretty good but I couldn't breathe because the guy next to me was leaking hydrogen, o_O carbon dioxide :eek: and methane. :confused:

Texas84

No one is sending us Joel updates? ;)

Chick-fil-a Series 5K today. Thought I could PR on the flat course but didn't. Oh well. Garmin said 3.2 miles. Two more 5Ks and the season is over here.

Also decided to play the game and submitted a 10K time to TrackShack for Disneyland.

Kristia

Ran the Runway 5k in Wildwood, NJ today. Thank goodness it was cloudy because it would have been brutal if the sun was out! Not sure on the official time, but as I ran by the clock it was 29:51. My garmin measured 3.02 miles. Ugh, I hope it wasn't a bit short because that would be an awesome time if it was truly 5k. Anyway, it was a really great small race. 191 participants, 163 finishers. I was 10th in my age group. Woohoo! There was a group of Coast Guard cadets that were running in formation behind the last runners. They were singing and chanting to encourage them along. You ran through the hangar that houses the Wildwood Naval Air Station Museum for the finish. Cape May Brewing Company was there giving free tastings. Definitely one we will do again. They are hoping to make it bigger and better next year and maybe hold it as a part of the Escape the Cape triathalon weekend (here is one for you @joel_maxwell -they take you out on a ferry into Delaware Bay and you jump off the boat and swim a mile back!) Anyway, next year, I will hope for clouds again!

Unfortunately, Dan didn't win the ride on the B-17. The guy who won didn't even run the race. He donated $100 to the 5k and just asked to put his name in the hat. Wasn't even there to receive the prize. Not implying anything, but hmmmmmmmm.............:rolleyes: Tried to go to the boardwalk afterwards but soon after we got there, it started raining pretty good. On an interesting note, we did find the guy who was on the show Hoarders that had all the old vintage pinball and arcade games. Not sure if anyone watches that show. That episode was on last year I think.

Banzai

That sounds like a marvelous race! I would definitely do that one if I was closer. Congrstd on a great time, even if it was a tad short. I'd be thrilled to be around 10/mile.

Kristia

That sounds like a marvelous race! I would definitely do that one if I was closer. Congrstd on a great time, even if it was a tad short. I'd be thrilled to be around 10/mile.
Thanks! I am pretty happy to be able to have an under 10 min mile. Seemed to take me forever to be able to do that and even now it is still tough. I think I started out around 12 min/mile about 3 years ago, so I am proud of how far I have come. :) Now if I could just loose about 15-20 lbs, I would be even faster!

fmingo36

Ran the Runway 5k in Wildwood, NJ today. Thank goodness it was cloudy because it would have been brutal if the sun was out! Not sure on the official time, but as I ran by the clock it was 29:51. My garmin measured 3.02 miles. Ugh, I hope it wasn't a bit short because that would be an awesome time if it was truly 5k. Anyway, it was a really great small race. 191 participants, 163 finishers. I was 10th in my age group. Woohoo! There was a group of Coast Guard cadets that were running in formation behind the last runners. They were singing and chanting to encourage them along. You ran through the hangar that houses the Wildwood Naval Air Station Museum for the finish. Cape May Brewing Company was there giving free tastings. Definitely one we will do again. They are hoping to make it bigger and better next year and maybe hold it as a part of the Escape the Cape triathalon weekend (here is one for you @joel_maxwell -they take you out on a ferry into Delaware Bay and you jump off the boat and swim a mile back!) Anyway, next year, I will hope for clouds again!

Unfortunately, Dan didn't win the ride on the B-17. The guy who won didn't even run the race. He donated $100 to the 5k and just asked to put his name in the hat. Wasn't even there to receive the prize. Not implying anything, but hmmmmmmmm.............:rolleyes: Tried to go to the boardwalk afterwards but soon after we got there, it started raining pretty good. On an interesting note, we did find the guy who was on the show Hoarders that had all the old vintage pinball and arcade games. Not sure if anyone watches that show. That episode was on last year I think.

Congrats Kristy! Nice time!
I was thinking about you this morning when I saw cloudy skies. I know the rain was brutal here last night and I was hoping the worst of it was done for your race this morning.
Sorry Dan didn't win the ride---next year!

Sumrdog

Thanks! I am pretty happy to be able to have an under 10 min mile. Seemed to take me forever to be able to do that and even now it is still tough. I think I started out around 12 min/mile about 3 years ago, so I am proud of how far I have come. :) Now if I could just loose about 15-20 lbs, I would be even faster!

Our goals are just about identical!

That race sounded super fun and congratulations on your time!

Sumrdog

I walked 3.89 miles during my 12 hour shift at the hospital today, I had my GPS pedometer app on all day, because I was curious about how much I actually walk at work. Knowing I walked that far makes me feel a little less guilty when I miss a run on days that I work. I really didn't think I walked that much... Anyway, after work I went for an easy 3 mile run and now its bedtime. I guess I will do it all again tomorrow.

Kristia

Congrats Kristy! Nice time!
I was thinking about you this morning when I saw cloudy skies. I know the rain was brutal here last night and I was hoping the worst of it was done for your race this morning.
Sorry Dan didn't win the ride---next year!
Thanks! Yep, no rain at all for the race so it was great!

bethram

The family went out to one of the local bike parks last night. I rode on the paved path with the kids while DH did the mountain bike paths, then we switched. We rode about an hour, for me 3.5 miles was on the paved path and another 2.5 on the trails.

Kristia

6 mile loop for me and husband near our house this morning while it was still cloudy and cool. Humidity was high though and we were sweating buckets soon after we started. Getting ready to head out to get another 50-60 bales of hay to store in the barn. Gotta stock up!

imagination30

a hot muggy .. 85 this afternoon , ( i love my new watch) , bc you can be running look down and your on mile 3 . haha! , but its faster than my run app! ... so i ended up doing 9.88 today .. on mile 8 the windf started blowing and kicking up big black rain .. clouds , i was hoping for rain ... while i was runing on my way back home i got on my street it started sprinkling.. when i walked in the door , just my luck the bottom fell out! .. gosh , how i would have liked to been out in it. :p pace . 7:56

fmingo36

a hot muggy .. 85 this afternoon , ( i love my new watch) , bc you can be running look down and your on mile 3 . haha! , but its faster than my run app! ... so i ended up doing 9.88 today .. on mile 8 the windf started blowing and kicking up big black rain .. clouds , i was hoping for rain ... while i was runing on my way back home i got on my street it started sprinkling.. when i walked in the door , just my luck the bottom feel out! .. gosh , how i would have liked to been out in it. :p pace . 7:56

NICE PACE!!!

bethram

Day 1 of my new summer routine, Tapout Cross Core Combat, 595 calories burned according to my HRM.

I plan to do Tapout on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and run on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I normally drop running all together during the summer but I've got a 10k in mid July so I can't. I am planning to pick and chose which Tapout workouts I do because there are two I hate (yoga and plyo) so I will gladly run instead :) Although I do generally enjoy plyo, just not Tapout's version, so I may occasionally throw in plyo from P90X or Insanity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom