What did you do?

Kristia

4 miles @ 10:45 pace for me today. Slow run in the soupiness of NJ! We had a very short shower this afternoon and we went out shortly after that. The steam was radiating off the pavement which did not help matters!

bethram

Strength and Force Upper today, I was supposed to do Ultimate Abs also but we are trying to get to one of those kids dollar movies and I didn't have time.

Mr mom

my choice today was treadmill or wind and rain. Needless to say I opted for wind and rain, good choice too because after about 3 miles it turned from rain to drizzle which is not so bad. A solid 8.7 miles

dreamfinder

Been off for a week plus due to traveling. 24+ hrs in airports on planes to start and end a week kinda kills the long run periods. But I did get to run through a little village in Germany last week where the "newer" buildings were all older than America is. Gotta say, running on cobblestones of various sizes and shapes is harder than one would think. Trying to get back into things this week. Yesterday was 45mins cross training, today was 3x1200@4:17.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles this morning. With the chest cold, it being 76 and 90% humidity, I couldnt breathe worth a damn. It felt like I was getting suffocated.

Felt like 10 miles. Oh well. Welcome to summer and no chest cold is going to stop me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I've been walking all week. Against my will. Mrs. Stormtrooper wants me to take it easy this week before I break out into full ultra training next week. Back to back 30 milers all next week. My body is fine except for some fatigue late in the day.
Time to build some speed for my next 100 miler in October.

joel_maxwell

Morning All! I got in 3.5 miles this morning.
Again, my first mile was fast (for me)-9:50 and then I slowed down. Final pace was 10:48, but I did run the whole thing so that's progress.
Plus I added a 10 minute ab workout. (Bathing suit season is coming!)
Yeah Baby Yeah! *Austin Powers Voice*

JillC LI

Been off for a week plus due to traveling. 24+ hrs in airports on planes to start and end a week kinda kills the long run periods. But I did get to run through a little village in Germany last week where the "newer" buildings were all older than America is.

Where in Germany? I've been to quite a few parts - Munich, Garmisch-Partenkirschen, Berchtesgaden, Tegernsee, Hamburg. I love Bavaria.

Morning All! I got in 3.5 miles this morning.
Again, my first mile was fast (for me)-9:50 and then I slowed down. Final pace was 10:48, but I did run the whole thing so that's progress.
Plus I added a 10 minute ab workout. (Bathing suit season is coming!)

Nice job getting that strength back.

I've been walking all week. Against my will. Mrs. Stormtrooper wants me to take it easy this week before I break out into full ultra training next week. Back to back 30 milers all next week. My body is fine except for some fatigue late in the day.
Time to build some speed for my next 100 miler in October.

After taking the time off to recover, are you actually able to immediately jump back into 30 mile per day workouts?

Thanks Jill. Well, my mother took the other pics. She was a rock start and got there on time. I completely forgive Sam for being a little late with the kids. She made T2 and the final. The problem with my mom taking pictures is that she takes an extra 20 seconds to take it. By the time I stop, smile and count to 5, Im done.

OK, I can understand that. I won't make my kids pose for a photo for more than about 5 seconds or I know it will embarrass them. But I make these amazing family photo albums on Shutterfly, and they like being in the albums, so that gives me a little more leverage to get them to stand still for the shot.

my choice today was treadmill or wind and rain. Needless to say I opted for wind and rain, good choice too because after about 3 miles it turned from rain to drizzle which is not so bad. A solid 8.7 miles

I also had the choice of a treadmill run (without my big fan that blows cool air on me in the warm weather because my mom borrowed it to dry out a flooded carpet in her basement) OR outdoors in the 100% humidity (i.e., on and off rain). I also chose outdoors. 5 miles at 10 minute pace.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
After taking the time off to recover, are you actually able to immediately jump back into 30 mile per day workouts?

Yup. I heal abnormally fast. Just ask my doctor lol. Plus, I really take the time to replenish my muscles with proper protein ratios, amino acids, and vitamins. Couple that with the trained endurance and high pain tolerance, I've been ready since last weekend :D

joel_maxwell

OK, I can understand that. I won't make my kids pose for a photo for more than about 5 seconds or I know it will embarrass them. But I make these amazing family photo albums on Shutterfly, and they like being in the albums, so that gives me a little more leverage to get them to stand still for the shot.
That is outstanding. Im glad to hear others doing this too. I write a book every year for both kids, design the book, illustration it etc and get blurb.com to print them in hard back covers. They end up costing $75 a piece in the end (each kid gets their own book), but having a book documenting the whole year of that birthday, is something really special.

joel_maxwell

Yup. I heal abnormally fast. Just ask my doctor lol. Plus, I really take the time to replenish my muscles with proper protein ratios, amino acids, and vitamins. Couple that with the trained endurance and high pain tolerance, I've been ready since last weekend :D
Very nice Nick.

I had someone ask me yesterday how sore I was after my Tri and how many weeks off I was taking and how sore am I after a long run. I laughed a little (trying not to make what was about to come out of my mouth sound arrogant), but I said "Zero soreness after my tri, zero soreness after long runs these days, 1 day off due to a chest cold and body needed sleep."

Thanks Succeed Amino and my test lab that lives in NJ. ;)

JillC LI

That is outstanding. Im glad to hear others doing this too. I write a book every year for both kids, design the book, illustration it etc and get blurb.com to print them in hard back covers. They end up costing $75 a piece in the end (each kid gets their own book), but having a book documenting the whole year of that birthday, is something really special.

You and I have more in common that we realized Joel - WDW, running, Staying Alive, professional photo albums... I wonder what else?! LOL. Now if only I could be the speed demon you are!

Kristia

Did my first "prescribed" cross training for my marathon prep program. My program started last week. but I didn't really do the cross training since we were hauling hay and I kind of counted that as my exercise for the day. I got on my bike (first time in I don't know when) and did 30 minutes which was about 6 miles. In the past, I have been pretty terrible at doing anything other than running during my race training. This time I am really going to try and stick with the biking and see how that helps my runs.

bethram

I make my kids' books on Snapfish, but yours sound much cooler :)

diddy_mouse

FINALLY got a run in today...and the humidity was just unbearable. My friend and I ran around the hospital campus and the nearby apartment complex. Five minutes in we were already drenched in sweat. It wasn't a fast run, it wasn't a terribly far run...but hey, it was a run. :) And I am glad to know I've found a comfortable running pace where I can talk at the same time.

Sumrdog

That's super neat! I make story albums for my family on Shutterfly. Usually they are focused around some life event or vacation. But I like your idea of doing one for each kid. Thanks for inspiring me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom