What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'm back. I'll post my report soon. Again, thank you all for following and posting during my epic run. The thread that Joel started is humbling...

Anyway, 460 miles up and down and around a mountain, in 9 days. The last 48 hours were straight, non-stop, no breaks, no sleep, running. I went into sleep deprived delirium, and hallucinated to a point that scared the s--t out of me. The most intense physical and emotional pain I have ever experienced. It has changed me. I'm not the same, and the short time my wife was there and what she experienced, she feels the same. So much went on that it's just too much to write down. I ran 460 miles in one shot. I'm a pretty happy guy. No 500 buckle, but I still got 460 mile hardware, and a plaque will be sent to me acknowledging my 460 miles and the highest mileage logged on that course besides last year's two finishers.

What's next?!
Welcome back brother. Its funny how many times I was about to text you over those 9 days and had to stop, remind myself I couldnt, then I texted Alison instead passing along something incase she was in small talk with you at some point. "Oh, BTW, Joel said to tell you blah blah blah...." Off the grid for 9 days was weird on this end. LOL

If it's up to your wife...a nice long summer of resting and relaxing. ;)
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

Yeah right.

joel_maxwell

Swimming today. Throwing my whole mental schedule off by swimming one day early. Rest day tomorrow and then "go time" Saturday.

Ankle still swollen, but if I move it straight, no pain. All movement will be straight so I feel Im good and very fortunate that if I were to roll it like I did Saturday, and how bad I rolled it, it didnt break and it doesnt seem that it will be a huge factor. Lets hope at least.

Banzai

What a tough go this AM. Worst conditions yet. We stepped off at 6am and it was 82 degrees with 88 percent humidity. Dropped back to a 15 minute pace and pushed on for the first 4 miler of the campaign.

JillC LI

I'm back. I'll post my report soon. Again, thank you all for following and posting during my epic run. The thread that Joel started is humbling...

Anyway, 460 miles up and down and around a mountain, in 9 days. The last 48 hours were straight, non-stop, no breaks, no sleep, running. I went into sleep deprived delirium, and hallucinated to a point that scared the s--t out of me. The most intense physical and emotional pain I have ever experienced. It has changed me. I'm not the same, and the short time my wife was there and what she experienced, she feels the same. So much went on that it's just too much to write down. I ran 460 miles in one shot. I'm a pretty happy guy. No 500 buckle, but I still got 460 mile hardware, and a plaque will be sent to me acknowledging my 460 miles and the highest mileage logged on that course besides last year's two finishers.

What's next?!

Glad to have you back safe and sound, Nick. Words can't express our awe. We are all eager to hear the dirty details when you eventually have a chance. (And I'm glad to hear you did get some hardware and a plaque for finishing 460.)

So exactly how long is it from top to bottom of New Jersey? About 300 miles? Piece o' cake! ;)

Oh, and as for me, 3.6 miles this morning in the most beautiful running weather I could imagine. Just a picture perfect morning of about 60 degrees, light breeze, and no humidity. So glad I squeezed in that run before work today.

joel_maxwell

What a tough go this AM. Worst conditions yet. We stepped off at 6am and it was 82 degrees with 88 percent humidity. Dropped back to a 15 minute pace and pushed on for the first 4 miler of the campaign.
Sounds like my area. Its one of those things, learn to love humidity or it will own you.

joel_maxwell

20 easy laps on lunch. I had to share a lane with this guy that showed up later. Jack was swimming and doing the breast stroke. He kept frog kicking me. He kicked my foot once and that was it. I stopped and notice another lane had opened up so I moved. If you are sharing a lane, breast stroke isnt something that i would think is prudent to do. It invades the whole lane. Dude was big too.

Hays in the barn. Time to plan out my transition area and mentally focus on the task.

Kristia

Hays in the barn. Time to plan out my transition area and mentally focus on the task.

It took me a second to realize what that meant. I almost said "I just loaded a ton of hay in our barn too!" :D DUH!

3 miles for me with my friend at work. Nice run with cool temps and low humidity. The storms are coming though. Supposed to be a rainy night tonight and a stormy day tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be nice for a 5k we are running Saturday. It is a Runway 5k, taking place at the Cape May Municipal Airport. Everyone who entered before June 1st, gets a chance to win a ride on a B17 Bomber. My husband is REALLY hoping he wins. All proceeds benefit the Aviation Museum that is located at the airport. Its pretty close to Wildwood, so if it is a nice day we will go hang at the beach and boardwalk after.

Sumrdog

I am trying to rest my painful shin by not running. So instead of running I took my kids for a 5 mile bike ride after work. It was 78 degrees and sunny!! I had the added bonus work out of pulling my 40 lb son on the hitchhiker, its a third wheel with pedals that attaches to my seat post and follows behind, kind of turns my mountain bike into a bike for two. Unfortunately my son barely ever pedals so its just like pulling extra weight.

We got about 2 miles from the house when one of our dogs Otis showed up. I didn't want to go home so I let him run alongside us until we got near the playground, and then I had to leash him... All I can say is that its a miracle no one got hurt! I usually don't ride a bike with a leashed dog because I consider it to be extremely dangerous for everyone involved :eek:, and with the added challenge of an extra 40lbs on the back of my bike throwing me off balance, I am sure it looked like a bad idea to everyone we passed.

Thank goodness Otis sensed my trepidation or he was just really tired, but either way he trotted dutifully alongside of me and made no sudden movements. So next time I will make sure that the gate is locked securely before we leave, so Otis does not follow. But the good news is my son finally got over his fear of the "third wheel" as I call it and he had a really good time riding with me! Hopefully soon I can get him pedaling his own bike well enough that I won't have to pull him along :).

Mr mom

no run today, my rib is really sore, I guess I should not have done 10 miles yesterday, either that or do the lawn or it might have been the wood splitting, either way I need rest now, darn it.

JillC LI

You're gonna do great, Joel! Can't wait to hear all about it. Go get'em!

And Kristi - you have a good race too. Hope the weather holds out and that your hubby wins that flight. My hubby would like that too. Not me!

To all nursing injuries, I hope they heal fast.

fmingo36

It took me a second to realize what that meant. I almost said "I just loaded a ton of hay in our barn too!" :D DUH!

3 miles for me with my friend at work. Nice run with cool temps and low humidity. The storms are coming though. Supposed to be a rainy night tonight and a stormy day tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be nice for a 5k we are running Saturday. It is a Runway 5k, taking place at the Cape May Municipal Airport. Everyone who entered before June 1st, gets a chance to win a ride on a B17 Bomber. My husband is REALLY hoping he wins. All proceeds benefit the Aviation Museum that is located at the airport. Its pretty close to Wildwood, so if it is a nice day we will go hang at the beach and boardwalk after.

Good Luck Kristy! This weather were are having is miserable! I hope it doesn't effect your race too badly. Fingers crossed for Dan-a ride in a B-17 bomber would be cool.

Kristia

Good Luck Kristy! This weather were are having is miserable! I hope it doesn't effect your race too badly. Fingers crossed for Dan-a ride in a B-17 bomber would be cool.
Thanks! I am hoping this rain moves out. Today was supposed to be a run day for me, but with the buckets of rain coming down, I don't think I could have seen my hand in front of my face! It was crazy out!

bethram

I am trying to rest my painful shin by not running. So instead of running I took my kids for a 5 mile bike ride after work. It was 78 degrees and sunny!! I had the added bonus work out of pulling my 40 lb son on the hitchhiker, its a third wheel with pedals that attaches to my seat post and follows behind, kind of turns my mountain bike into a bike for two. Unfortunately my son barely ever pedals so its just like pulling extra weight.

We got about 2 miles from the house when one of our dogs Otis showed up. I didn't want to go home so I let him run alongside us until we got near the playground, and then I had to leash him... All I can say is that its a miracle no one got hurt! I usually don't ride a bike with a leashed dog because I consider it to be extremely dangerous for everyone involved :eek:, and with the added challenge of an extra 40lbs on the back of my bike throwing me off balance, I am sure it looked like a bad idea to everyone we passed.

Thank goodness Otis sensed my trepidation or he was just really tired, but either way he trotted dutifully alongside of me and made no sudden movements. So next time I will make sure that the gate is locked securely before we leave, so Otis does not follow. But the good news is my son finally got over his fear of the "third wheel" as I call it and he had a really good time riding with me! Hopefully soon I can get him pedaling his own bike well enough that I won't have to pull him along :).

We've got one of those, too, the guy who gave it to us called it a "trail rider." DH is the only one who has pulled our son so far but I'm sure it won't be long before I get the honor since I plan to take the kids riding at a local park at least once a week this summer. It is also my goal to get DS off of training wheels and onto a two-wheeler by the end of June so hopefully we won't need the trail rider for long.

bethram

I didn't do anything today unless you count driving for 10.5 hours exercise. The trip home should have only taken about nine hours but I got lucky enough to drive through POURING rain for over an hour and I still got stuck in Friday afternoon traffic even though I didn't get into Atlanta until almost 6:30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom