What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Apparently my definition of easy and Nick's are very far apart. My easy run today was 3.5 miles at 8:45/mile.

Brooklyn I'm coming for ya!
Let the hydrating commence (no way I am missing out on my Friday after work beers so I have to get a jump on it today)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
1 mile in the pool this morning. Continued to do large sets of consecutive laps. Trying to build up to 35 laps in a row by mid summer.

Training tomorrow with a local Ultra guy. Super nice, a true gem. He is 63 and Im going to follow him on his hill repeats and I know it will completely wipe my . The guy is awesome.

JillC LI

Training tomorrow with a local Ultra guy. Super nice, a true gem. He is 63 and Im going to follow him on his hill repeats and I know it will completely wipe my . The guy is awesome.

Love that you're running with a 63 year old!

This morning DS had to leave the house at 4:55am for a school trip. Once he was gone, I was too awake to go back to bed, and the sun was just starting to come up over the horizon, so I did what any runner would do - threw on my running clothes and hit the road for 7 miles before anyone else in my house was awake! I did, however, leave my hubby a note with the route I planned to take at that ungodly hour, took my cellphone which I never take, and left home my iPod for safety sake. It was great to hear the quiet sounds of the early dawn while I ran.

joel_maxwell

This morning DS had to leave the house at 4:55am for a school trip. Once he was gone, I was too awake to go back to bed, and the sun was just starting to come up over the horizon, so I did what any runner would do - threw on my running clothes and hit the road for 7 miles before anyone else in my house was awake! I did, however, leave my hubby a note with the route I planned to take at that ungodly hour, took my cellphone which I never take, and left home my iPod for safety sake. It was great to hear the quiet sounds of the early dawn while I ran.
YES YES and YES. I love that you left all technology at home and listen to nature. I can understand people running with music on road, maybe, but when people get off road and nature is its own music, you gotta disconnect.

This is not your average 63 year old. Guy could school me with 1 leg. Going to try and learn everything i can from him. I told Nick, he posted on the local forum in response to me saying I was going to run the race route for next weekend, he would be in the area doing hill repeats, that no one ever wants to run with him because its too hard and boring. Obviously he is doing something right.... so I said "Im in". I think one or two other guys are joining. I plan on getting school after 2 or 3 of the 6 repeats.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Some of the best ultrarunners, especially the multiday, non-stop, unstaged racers are 'older' folks. As Joel said, they could wile their with me.

diddy_mouse

Packet pick up tomorrow! A little nervous about the run which I know is only natural. They are calling for cooler temps and possible showers on Sunday and hopefully the humidity won't be bad. I plan on posting how things went when all is said and done.

Good luck to those running this weekend!!

Kristia

Packet pick up tomorrow! A little nervous about the run which I know is only natural. They are calling for cooler temps and possible showers on Sunday and hopefully the humidity won't be bad. I plan on posting how things went when all is said and done.

Good luck tomorrow!

Ariel484

Good Luck!!!
Color Run for me this weekend!
Thanks! Have fun at your color run!
GO ERIN GOOOOOO! Probably goes without saying but just make sure you have a good hat for rain. You'll do great! :)

a2grafix

5 miles Saturday afternoon in steamy and humid upper 80sF (felt like 91F) on Armed Forces Day. Summer has arrived in Memphis. Ran in my Team RWB shirt, proudly wearing the eagle. Sopping wet and salty from the run after running through several water fountains in the city center downtown.

Time for some beer and some ribs at the Memphis In May Barbeque World Championship on the other side of downtown.

I'm coming for you Disneyland Half. You are in my sights.

joel_maxwell

Good Luck
5 miles Saturday afternoon in steamy and humid upper 80sF (felt like 91F) on Armed Forces Day. Summer has arrived in Memphis. Ran in my Team RWB shirt, proudly wearing the eagle. Sopping wet and salty from the run after running through several water fountains in the city center downtown.

Time for some beer and some ribs at the Memphis In May Barbeque World Championship on the other side of downtown.

I'm coming for you Disneyland Half. You are in my sights.
Damn right it is! Nice job

joel_maxwell

Oak Mtn state park this morning. 7am and was supposed to do 6 repeats of hill work. Mis-communication on location to meet friends, believe it or not, there are 2 roads with Tranquility Road in them, so... me and this other guy went to preview the 6 mile, double loop run next weekend. My DA forgot to change my Garmin 305 watch from bike mode to run mode, so no auto pause or splits, but that doesnt matter. I just wanted to know elevation gain on 1 loop. Good long climb. First 2.5 miles are all climbing. Some fun stats

Vertical Ele Gain 1,358ft
Average speed (since in bike mode LOL) 5.1 mph
70 degrees, raining and 100% humidity. I couldnt breathe.

Time for an adult beverage.

LindsayLoves

Brooklyn Half results are in. 13.1 miles in 1:51:33! Huge PR for me chopping off almost 5 minutes from my old PR. For a race with 22,000 runners I experienced literally no course congestion (See Disney it can be done). It was a fast course with 305 elevation gain and a loss of 457 feet. Definitely gaining confidence with my speed the past few weeks/races, I have learned that I can run at a decent pace and not run out of gas or have my legs give up.

How did everyone else do in their races this week?

@joel_maxwell - holy elevation

Mad Stitch

Brooklyn Half results are in. 13.1 miles in 1:51:33! Huge PR for me chopping off almost 5 minutes from my old PR. For a race with 22,000 runners I experienced literally no course congestion (See Disney it can be done). It was a fast course with 305 elevation gain and a loss of 457 feet. Definitely gaining confidence with my speed the past few weeks/races, I have learned that I can run at a decent pace and not run out of gas or have my legs give up

Congrats on the PR. Show is the bling!

LindsayLoves

Congrats on the PR. Show is the bling!

Here it is. It shows all things Brooklyn and the NYRR motto for this year "Run for Life" on the strap. My husband likes it more than my 20th Anniversary Disney marathon medal... blasphemy!

d1eabd82-5181-4666-ade9-545f418ae0d2_zps59cf8088.jpg

bethram

DH, DD9, and I ran the Freight Train 5k in Kennesaw, GA this morning, it is the first in the 2013 Locomotive Series. I set a PR at 25:29 which according to my garmin was 3.19 miles at 7:59 pace. DH ran his best ever 5k as well! We had a great time even though we were soaked before it started. Hopefully the rest of the races in the series will have better weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom