What did you do?

bethram

Hills today, 4 miles at 8:44 pace. Today was one of those days that I had to talk myself into getting out of bed. Work has been wearing me out, but I knew I'd ultimately have a better day today if I got up an ran. I hope it's true! Only two more weeks until I've got summer break!!!

dreamfinder

Today was speedwork. 2x1200@4:17, 2x800@2:47. Should have had another 2 800s on the end, but couldn't do it. Not happy with myself.

Always happy to see other people hitting their miles. Keep it up!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5.5 miles today. Went exploring on some jeep trails that i thought lead to single track, but couldnt find them. However, I did find a Mazada 6 hatchback that was somehow back there, and it was burned. Badly. There were 3 chairs facing the car like someone watched it. Very strange. Pictures soon.

Ariel484

30-minute tempo run this morning. I don't like tempo runs very much for whatever reason, but I felt pretty great after I was done so I guess it was worth it. :D Light week this week in preparation for a half on Sunday!

Ariel484

5.5 miles today. Went exploring on some jeep trails that i thought lead to single track, but couldnt find them. However, I did find a Mazada 6 hatchback that was somehow back there, and it was burned. Badly. There were 3 chairs facing the car like someone watched it. Very strange. Pictures soon.
o_O...that is all.

JillC LI

20 miles on the trails this morning. Saw a very big black snake. We scared each other pretty good; yes, jazz hands...and he went slithering through the brush and up into the branches of a bush, lightening fast.

Just ordered our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets for September when we go down again!

If you are going through a bad spell in your training run, or an up coming race, just remember I'm running up and down a freakin' mountain non-stop for 500 miles next week. You'll perk right up :D

Love the jazz hands! Jealous of your September trip. And yes, will think of you while I'm running over the next week.

2mi on the TM in 26:22. Keeping it easy the rest of the week. Plan on doing another 2mi on Thurs. keep looking to whiddle seconds off my pace.

Honestly, I suggest that you focus more on endurance than speed at this stage. But if you get excited to whittle off a few seconds, then by all means, do whatever keeps you motivated!

That counts. And so does running from Space Mtn to Splash Mtn so as not to miss your FP return window! Ha ha, I ran from the gate to soarin for fast passes and back to test track and then from the land to test track for fast passes and back to soarin. It was short runs but it did actually feel good, even if my body has not adjusted to running in the heat.

That's so funny. I was going to use the example of Soarin' to Test Track because we always do that run back and forth, and for some reason I changed it to Space/Splash in my post! I should have stuck with my initial thought :)

As for me, I ran 4 miles yesterday around the neighborhood accompanied by DD11 on her new bike. I was pretty impressed with my 9:56 pace considering she and I were chatting the whole time. Btw, I whole-heartedly recommend participating in a physical activity with your child as an opportunity to really connect because just as adults open up on a personal level during a joint run, kids really open up to their parents on a similar outing. I got tons of insight into her daily life without seeming like I was interrogating her, and I got to share my thoughts without seeming like I was lecturing her.

Kristia

Sounds like an everyday sight here in the Jersey Pine Barrens!
30-minute tempo run this morning. I don't like tempo runs very much for whatever reason, but I felt pretty great after I was done so I guess it was worth it. :D Light week this week in preparation for a half on Sunday!
Yay! Good luck on your half!! I am done my big mile runs until the fall. I have a 5 miler coming up and a handful of 5ks.
I'm tapering for the upcoming 4-day weekend at Disneyworld. :)
Friday Epcot F&G
Saturday Epcot F&G
Sunday DHS SWW
Woohoo! Jealous! :)

bethram

4 miles at 8:44 pace, not as fast as what I've been doing lately but it's warm and humid and I wasn't feeling it.

I forgot to tell you what happened yesterday morning - there was a guy sleeping in his car in my neighborhood. I recognized the car, it's relatively new to the neighborhood, but weird. The car was still warm, I guess they guy got home shortly before my 4:15 am runs. I'm thinking he was just too tired to make it into the house and crashed where he was.

dreamfinder

Honestly, I suggest that you focus more on endurance than speed at this stage. But if you get excited to whittle off a few seconds, then by all means, do whatever keeps you motivated!

Agreed. When you are just starting out, speed will come with endurance and continued training.

Today was some more cross training.

Ariel484

Yay! Good luck on your half!! I am done my big mile runs until the fall. I have a 5 miler coming up and a handful of 5ks.
Thanks! Good luck with your shorter races...I have a 5-miler coming up on July 4. :) Hopefully this year's race will be about 20 degrees cooler than last years. I can dream. :rolleyes:

joel_maxwell

Cycling today. LSD... long slow distance. I didnt get huge distance, but I braked hard down any hills to decrease the amount of distance coasted.

Swimming in the am. Gonna rock it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Short and quick 14 miles this morning.

Tomorrow might be a hiking day.

No running this weekend or next week until Wednesday - warm up run in Vermont. The race starts at 4pm on Thursday. You can see live updates on the Peak Race facebook page.

JillC LI

No running this weekend or next week until Wednesday - warm up run in Vermont. The race starts at 4pm on Thursday. You can see live updates on the Peak Race facebook page.

You gonna start a separate thread for Allison to post updates? I hope so!

Aren't you going to go out of your mind not running for a week?!?!?! ;)

joel_maxwell

Looking forward to it.
You gonna start a separate thread for Allison to post updates? I hope so!

Aren't you going to go out of your mind not running for a week?!?!?! ;)
Yes, he will, and Im sure Ill get some humerus texts from him next week, like I shed on him during my taper weeks. So, I can only imagine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom