What did you do?

melflip8

Awesome 3-miler on the treadmill this morning, playing around with the speed a bit. I came out with about a 9:40 average pace I think.

9:40 is amazing...I am excited if I get below 13:00. I am ridiculously slow...I don't think my speed will ever increase.

Ariel484

9:40 is amazing...I am excited if I get below 13:00. I am ridiculously slow...I don't think my speed will ever increase.
Thank you. :) But that's definitely not my normal pace...it really was just one of *those* runs. I've been running for ~5 years now and over the past year or so I've tried to do more speedwork/tempo runs to get faster, but up until recently I was really trying to work more on endurance and not pay too much attention to pace.

When all is said and done the important thing is that you're getting out there! :) That's what really matters.

LindsayLoves

4 mile Japan Day race yesterday morning - 31:18 finish time. *so happy* with that result, it is a HUGE PR, cutting off 3 whole minutes from that same course in early February. I was 156 out of 2200 woman. Tempo training has really paid off!

I counted that as my last speed training before the Brooklyn Half Marathon this coming Saturday. Trying to keep the training easy this week with two shakeout runs planned before Saturday. I am so stoked to ride the Cyclone after finishing the race. Not stoked on taking the N train from one end to the other to get back home.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sounds pretty.

Yay on the first 5 miles! Great shirt!

Would love to see the crew notes. Simply mind-boggling. Yesterday, on Mother's Day morning, I went for a 6 mile run on a hilly trail with my hubby accompanying me on his bike. I hadn't run that trail in a long time, and the hills were taking a lot out of me, even at that short distance. I was telling my hubby about your upcoming race so I wouldn't feel compelled to whine :) He was impressed but had one question for you: WHY?!?!?! lol

Hope all the moms on the board enjoyed their Mother's Day as much as I did.

Why he asked? Why not?! Because...there is no simple answer lol. There is something that I have found in common with every ultrarunner: there's a fire. And we want to fan that flame into a damn inferno.

Kristia

I've been a slacker this past week. After my last 10 miler, I took a week off. I had meetings at work and the weather was pretty crappy last week. I am back this week. Did 3 miles at work today NS @ 10:08 pace. I am definitely getting faster! Looking forward to the Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday with @fmingo36!

Mr mom

I've been a slacker this past week. After my last 10 miler, I took a week off. I had meetings at work and the weather was pretty crappy last week. I am back this week. Did 3 miles at work today NS @ 10:08 pace. I am definitely getting faster! Looking forward to the Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday with @fmingo36!

No one has been slacker than me, I have not run once since I got to florida, I really do have to man up and run one of the short Disney trails at least a few times but as of yet the closest I have come to running is to pick up a run Disney pin.

Kristia

No one has been slacker than me, I have not run once since I got to florida, I really do have to man up and run one of the short Disney trails at least a few times but as of yet the closest I have come to running is to pick up a run Disney pin.
Whenever we go to Disney (except for races of course), I always have grand plans of running before the parks in the morning. Yeah...that NEVER happens! I am usually too exhausted from doing parks from opening to closing! I never have been able to do a run workout while there even though I would really like to explore some of the running paths.

dreamfinder

Cross train day yet again. However I found out yesterday that the Marathon I had been hypothetically training for (wanted to do another week of the program to see if I had a shot to hit my goal), is sold out. So now I need to decide what to do. Just keep going? Or look for another date and reset the schedule. Not quite sure yet. Unfortunately means no chance at Boston 2014 unless I hop on a plane for a race.

Come on man, get out and do something. At least run in circles in the parking lot. Use a Dole Whip or a Soarin' FP as motivation.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Weights today. Running tomorrow. Think I might go hit a local trail in the am. Look out banana spiders, Im coming.

EDIT: So I found out that my first Triathlon in 12 days was cancelled due to low numbers. That means the second Tri on June 8th will be the one to get my feet wet. It is a challenging course on the bike and run for a newbie. I got the run part. NP. Oh well, guess I better put my big boy pants on and rock the bike part. A buddy of mine did as I am doing this year, outfitting an old mtn bike for road. That means it is super heavy and very tiring to pull the hills. He said that there are so many people that will blow past me on road and Tri bikes, but he was amazed at the respect they gave him for doing this event on a 35lb bike, when passed, they would shout things at him in encouragement and respect. If that happens to me, and Im lucky enough, I will go ahead and say that will be the highlight of the day. Not finishing my first Tri, but experiencing that from other racers.

I guess we will see.

Kristia

Weights today. Running tomorrow. Think I might go hit a local trail in the am. Look out banana spiders, Im coming.

EDIT: So I found out that my first Triathlon in 12 days was cancelled due to low numbers. That means the second Tri on June 8th will be the one to get my feet wet. It is a challenging course on the bike and run for a newbie. I got the run part. NP. Oh well, guess I better put my big boy pants on and rock the bike part. A buddy of mine did as I am doing this year, outfitting an old mtn bike for road. That means it is super heavy and very tiring to pull the hills. He said that there are so many people that will blow past me on road and Tri bikes, but he was amazed at the respect they gave him for doing this event on a 35lb bike, when passed, they would shout things at him in encouragement and respect. If that happens to me, and Im lucky enough, I will go ahead and say that will be the highlight of the day. Not finishing my first Tri, but experiencing that from other racers.

I guess we will see.
Bummer your first one was cancelled. That means more training time though!

Texas84

That was me 3 years ago. I'm sub 10 minute now. Be patient!

4 mile Japan Day race yesterday morning - 31:18 finish time. *so happy* with that result, it is a HUGE PR, cutting off 3 whole minutes from that same course in early February. I was 156 out of 2200 woman. Tempo training has really paid off!

Sounds fun. おめでとうございます!

EDIT: So I found out that my first Triathlon in 12 days was cancelled due to low numbers.

Yep, bummer. There is a tri in Macon GA every year and they added a 'du' that does a 5K run, a bike ride with a time limit I can't meet, and then a half marathon. Maybe after the Dopey...

JillC LI

Why he asked? Why not?! Because...there is no simple answer lol. There is something that I have found in common with every ultrarunner: there's a fire. And we want to fan that flame into a damn inferno.

I understand, really I do. For me that fire was to run a marathon. My hubby said "Why?" to that too but supported me. Now I need to continue to get out there and keep on running, however far I may go. Some people want to climb Mount Everest. Some want to swim the English Channel. We all have our own burning flame to feed.

the closest I have come to running is to pick up a run Disney pin.

That counts. And so does running from Space Mtn to Splash Mtn so as not to miss your FP return window!

So I found out that my first Triathlon in 12 days was cancelled due to low numbers.

So sorry it was cancelled. You'll kick a** on the next one though.

It will if you consistently stick with it. I started at about 12 minute miles. Well, to be honest, I started a block at a time because there was no way on earth I could run a whole mile. That was 18 years ago. Now I average 10 minute miles and can go sub-9 minutes on occasion at short distances. You just have to be consistent. Speedwork helps but it's not something I would recommend until you can regularly go at least 3 miles at a comfortable pace.

Sounds fun. おめでとうございます!

Show off. ;)

Had to cancel last night's 4 miler when DS broke the wire on his braces and I had to make an emergency run to the orthodontist. Will do it when I get home from work today.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20 miles on the trails this morning. Saw a very big black snake. We scared each other pretty good; yes, jazz hands...and he went slithering through the brush and up into the branches of a bush, lightening fast.

Tapering for next week and labeling / organizing all of my gear, food, and pills.

Just ordered our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets for September when we go down again!

If you are going through a bad spell in your training run, or an up coming race, just remember I'm running up and down a freakin' mountain non-stop for 500 miles next week. You'll perk right up :D

LindsayLoves

If you are going through a bad spell in your training run, or an up coming race, just remember I'm running up and down a freakin' mountain non-stop for 500 miles next week. You'll perk right up :D

I will remember this during my half this weekend for an extra boost of motivation.

EDIT: So I found out that my first Triathlon in 12 days was cancelled due to low numbers. .

That really stinks, that is so close out to cancel! I imagine the few people who did sign up (such as yourself) put a lot of training towards a race that won't happen.

My attempt to take it easy did not go well. I ran the biggest hill in the park 3 times (one decline two big inclines) for nearly 5 miles at an 8:32 pace. I couldn't help myself I was just in the zone and went with it. Thursday I will take it easy so I have something in the tank for Saturday.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That really stinks, that is so close out to cancel! I imagine the few people who did sign up (such as yourself) put a lot of training towards a race that won't happen.
It's ok. It was a very very short one that I could have done months ago. It would have been good practice. I have one June 8th and now August 10th.

melflip8

30 minute Galloway Training run today! 14 minute mile average (with dog that stopped a #2), haha, so I will take it. Doing a 1 min run, 1 min walk interval. Hoping to improve that as the weeks go by but, I am consistently running on plan after two weeks which is a HUGE milestone. Yay, willpower and pixie dust!

Mr mom

That counts. And so does running from Space Mtn to Splash Mtn so as not to miss your FP return window!

.[/quote]

Ha ha, I ran from the gate to soarin for fast passes and back to test track and then from the land to test track for fast passes and back to soarin. It was short runs but it did actually feel good, even if my body has not adjusted to running in the heat.

a2grafix

With the parents in town for Mother's Day, didn't get my runs in. But I am making up for it this week. Ran both Monday and Tuesday through the concrete jungle of Downtown Memphis. Found a new side route running the walkway above the Mud Island monorail and then descending 4 flights of stairs and elevators to the Mississippi River park. Most of the park is a topography detailed contour map of the Mississippi River.

Monday's run took me through Beale Street again but Tuesday's was cut short due to time in getting to work on time. Ran 4.5 Monday and about 2.5 on Tuesday.

Disneyland half marathon, I have my eyes on you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom