What did you do?

Texas84

Nearing the end of the Power 90. The only thing I can't do is the 200 crunches. 10 exercises, 20 reps each. I'm up to 15 each. I'll probably do the shape circuit for cross training whan I start DL Half training. I hate those squats but they sure work.

In other news, running-buddy-cousin Brandi is going home to Texas. We're going to do a San Antonio half next year. I'm thinking about a move to Orlando. Then I can do every single WDW race. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I assumed as much. I carry them in my skiing gear, so it's not at all unheard of. But with the amount of other gear you rock, wasn't sure if you had some new magic gear the rest of us were going to be blessed with information about in the near future. Good man for moving them out of harms way.
I had to give my crew for the 500, a complete diagram of my pack/vest ; where items are located, what needs to be replenished, etc...so when I come through HQ they can swap out all my s__t without having to ask me and make the process more efficient.
The whole thing was custom built for this race. It's like Gizmo Duck when you see what I can pull outta there lol.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I had to give my crew for the 500, a complete diagram of my pack/vest ; where items are located, what needs to be replenished, etc...so when I come through HQ they can swap out all my s__t without having to ask me and make the process more efficient.
The whole thing was custom built for this race. It's like Gizmo Duck when you see what I can pull outta there lol.
SWEET! Wish I could be their to pace and crew that group. Im going to get Alison's number so i can communicate directly with the source.

joel_maxwell

35 laps today, 1 mile in the pool. Working on endurance distance rather then speed. 5 laps warm up, 5 in a row, then 15, then 10. About 60 seconds in between sets.

Group trail run with the BUTS - Birmingham Ultra Trail Society at oak mtn. Starts at 8am, but im meeting a few guys for an earlier start, and a 5ish mile warm up run before the other runs.

JillC LI

How long do you anticipate it taking you to complete this race, Nick? What's your game plan in terms of how long you run per day?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
How long do you anticipate it taking you to complete this race, Nick? What's your game plan in terms of how long you run per day?
I can send you my crew notes. Planning on 50-60 miles, sleep for an hour or two, and run another 50-60 miles until the last day or so, where I will attempt to run a full hundred to finish in 8 days.
It was taking last year's runners roughly 3 1/2 hours to complete 10 miles...up and down the mountain.

joel_maxwell

I can send you my crew notes. Planning on 50-60 miles, sleep for an hour or two, and run another 50-60 miles until the last day or so, where I will attempt to run a full hundred to finish in 8 days.
It was taking last year's runners roughly 3 1/2 hours to complete 10 miles...up and down the mountain.
BOSS!

Texas84

OK, so I'm reading the "3.5 hours 10 miles up a mountain" posts above and I only ran a hilly 5K this morning that kicked my backside. Bad. They advertised "a little up, a little down." Understatement. They should rename it the Rollercoaster 5K Challenge. The only flat part was the 0.1 at the start/finish. Only a minute off my PR though and still had a finish sprint left. Followed that with 3 hours of yard work. Yeah!

TrolleyFollower91

Finished my first 5 complete miles this week, and then was given this by my mom upon her return from the World! Hope my schedule works out soon so I can sign up for a runDisney 2014 race! :)

null_zps29708016.jpg

bethram

No runs for me this weekend but yesterday we hiked to Ada-Hi falls in Black Rock State Park, the highest state park in Georgia and we hiked the North Rim trail of Tallulah Gorge State Park. Neither were very far but we saw some pretty falls and had great family time.

joel_maxwell

Birmingham Ultra Trail Society kick off party and group runs yesterday at the state park. Had 14, 10, 8 mile runs. I had to do the 8, since they didnt get started until 8am (Im usually done by then) and I had family obligations at 10am.

Meet with friends, ran with friends, killed a beer at 9:45am.... then headed home.

dreamfinder

Sat was 2mi warmup @ 8:30, 3mi at 6:24, and 1mi cooldown @ 8:30, before a 5 min walk. Sun was 18mi @ 7:48. Used the Succeed caps on Sun, no serious cramping which was good, and I felt solid after which was a nice bonus. Really trying to make sure I do my full set of stretching and strengthening each day to try to make sure my legs are happy campers.

Damn. Running for 15-20 hrs, then sleeping for an hour or two? Even when your body doesn't give out, your mind will be a total mess by the end of that.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Plan on running a full 20 hours, even if I pass 50-60 miles. I want to finish early. I have a battle strategy put together with the help of some great ultrarunners.

I will go out of my mind. I expect it. My crew will keep me on track. They will be my brain when I'm on auto pilot or going Lord of the Flies crazy. When I come through HQ, I just have to close my eyes and drag myself as my crew swaps out bottles, refills water bladder and any supplements. Aside from chewing my food for me, I just have to eat and run lol.

JillC LI

No runs for me this weekend but yesterday we hiked to Ada-Hi falls in Black Rock State Park, the highest state park in Georgia and we hiked the North Rim trail of Tallulah Gorge State Park. Neither were very far but we saw some pretty falls and had great family time.

Sounds pretty.

Finished my first 5 complete miles this week, and then was given this by my mom upon her return from the World! Hope my schedule works out soon so I can sign up for a runDisney 2014 race! :)

Yay on the first 5 miles! Great shirt!

Would love to see the crew notes. Simply mind-boggling. Yesterday, on Mother's Day morning, I went for a 6 mile run on a hilly trail with my hubby accompanying me on his bike. I hadn't run that trail in a long time, and the hills were taking a lot out of me, even at that short distance. I was telling my hubby about your upcoming race so I wouldn't feel compelled to whine :) He was impressed but had one question for you: WHY?!?!?! lol

Hope all the moms on the board enjoyed their Mother's Day as much as I did.

Ariel484

Awesome 3-miler on the treadmill this morning, playing around with the speed a bit. I came out with about a 9:40 average pace I think. Just one of those rare runs where I felt great the entire time...I cherish them when they come along. :)

No running today but I've got cross-training on the agenda after work. I'm already getting in the race mindset for this weekend. 5 days and counting! :)
Good luck Erin! Can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

melflip8

4 Miles yesterday in prep for the Disneyland Half...following the Galloway Plan. It is SO unbearably hot here in Sarasota, FL already. I think it will be a majority of treadmill training for me. Stinks, but it really is the only option if I don't want to overheat. I went SOOOOO slow yesterday, even on the treadmill, but I finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom