What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

Another CrossFit WOD today! I achieved a new max PR for weighted pull-ups: 210 lbs! (Bodyweight + 60 lbs.) Cleveland Half Marathon is less than 2 weeks away!

a2grafix

Completed my first week of training for the Disneyland Half, though behind on the suggested days because I had Air National Guard duty, and well, it was darn right chilly in the Mid-South this past weekend. The Disneyland Half called for 3 miles over the weekend and I ran about 2.75 miles in about 30 minutes. Early on in the run my mind said let's test out how fast you can run 1.5 miles. My Air Force physical fitness test calls for completing 1.5 miles in an allotted time based on age group.

By my clock I covered the distance in just under 13 minutes or so. Nice run Tuesday, low 70s, nice breeze. Way different than the 48F and chilly I ran Saturday evening.

bethram

4.1 miles and hills this morning, 8:53 pace which is 4 seconds faster than last week. Beautiful morning, 50 degrees and clear.

JillC LI

Gotta do a shout-out for DD11 who had her first swim-a-thon fundraiser yesterday. She did 150 laps in just under two hours! Her coach said their pool is 72 laps per mile so she swam over 2 miles last night. I am so freakin' impressed. And the money goes towards a program for kids with special needs so it's a great cause.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Gotta do a shout-out for DD11 who had her first swim-a-thon fundraiser yesterday. She did 150 laps in just under two hours! Her coach said their pool is 72 laps per mile so she swam over 2 miles last night. I am so freakin' impressed. And the money goes towards a program for kids with special needs so it's a great cause.
THAT IS AWESOME. My pool is 35 laps per mile... so I know how well she did. Awesome job. Congrats to her.

EDIT: deadgum. I miscalculated my laps per mile in my pool. It is 35, not 33 as I thought.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just about a six hour run this morning.

Got caught in heavy downpours on the trails and I was dodging these guys the entire time. Had to move them off the trail!

image.jpg

Mr mom

More walking today and a swim in the hotel pool,lol I got to downtown Disney yesterday and picked up a nice run Disney pin, I was gonna get the dark blue tech shirt but thought, nah I really don't need it and it looks too nice to sweat the crap out of or wipe my nose on etc, lol. I may change my mind before I leave who knows. a few more days in Orlando and then off to Disney.

bethram

I finally got out of bed on a cross training day and actually worked out :eek: Tapout XT's Buns and Guns plus a few minutes of Ultimate Abs.

joel_maxwell

Just about a six hour run this morning.

Got caught in heavy downpours on the trails and I was dodging these guys the entire time. Had to move them off the trail!
You softy! As I say that, I move worms on the sidewalk back into the grass before the sun fries them. :D I have a true soft spot for turtles. That is a nice size slider. Ive saved a few the size of a small dinner plate.

More walking today and a swim in the hotel pool,lol I got to downtown Disney yesterday and picked up a nice run Disney pin, I was gonna get the dark blue tech shirt but thought, nah I really don't need it and it looks too nice to sweat the crap out of or wipe my nose on etc, lol. I may change my mind before I leave who knows. a few more days in Orlando and then off to Disney.
I know what you mean. I hate to wear my ToT 10 miler tech shirt since it has glow in the dark ink, and I know the more it gets washed, the more it fades. However, what good is it to have it if you dont wear it. I wouldnt buy one like you didnt just to buy one.

I finally got out of bed on a cross training day and actually worked out :eek: Tapout XT's Buns and Guns plus a few minutes of Ultimate Abs.
There you go. Nice job!

Bike cross training today.

Are the latex/nitrite gloves normal running attire? Or were they just to move the turtles?
I was thinking the same thing. LOL. Those little guys can carry bacteria that i would guess you wouldnt want to rub on your face or hydration system on a 6 hour run. We wont talk about why he has latex gloves. *note to self, start packing those in Salomon vest.

joel_maxwell

8+ miles on my bike around the neighborhood this morning. Wanted to do 10, but boredom set in and I couldnt make myself. God I hate the bike.... especially when you pass a running friend coming off the trails behind the neighborhood. Id much rather be running.

JillC LI

LOL, just 'cause it's a tech shirt doesn't mean you have to run in it! I never wear my TOT13K tech shirt or my runDisney tech shirt for anything but relaxation. I just like having them to wear around town on a summer day.

Are the latex/nitrite gloves normal running attire? Or were they just to move the turtles?

LOL, hadn't noticed that. Love that Nick saves them though.

As for me, 4 miles total on TM this morning. 7 reps of 1/4 mile at 8:27 pace. The final rep nearly killed me, but I did it.

diddy_mouse

3.2 miles on the good ol treadmill for a smidge over 40min. 13:40 pace, not my best but I jockey back and forth between running and walking. Funny enough I do think those squats I did yesterday helped...maybe it's psychosomatic but whatever gets me through! :)

bethram

Ran just over 4 miles at an 8:20 pace, the first 5k was in 25:28 which was an 8:12 pace. I don't have a long run scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm hoping to get some hiking in as long as it doesn't rain.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Five hours on the trails yesterday. No turtles.

The first five mile was a complete downpour soaking me all the way through.

Trails were like running through a river. Outstanding.

2 weeks until go time...

dreamfinder

Haha! I keep them in my first aid kit that's in my pack. But they were great for turtle relocation.

I assumed as much. I carry them in my skiing gear, so it's not at all unheard of. But with the amount of other gear you rock, wasn't sure if you had some new magic gear the rest of us were going to be blessed with information about in the near future. Good man for moving them out of harms way.

joel_maxwell

Five hours on the trails yesterday. No turtles.

The first five mile was a complete downpour soaking me all the way through.

Trails were like running through a river. Outstanding.

2 weeks until go time...
Damn right it was outstanding!

12 days to be exact right? ;)
I assumed as much. I carry them in my skiing gear, so it's not at all unheard of. But with the amount of other gear you rock, wasn't sure if you had some new magic gear the rest of us were going to be blessed with information about in the near future. Good man for moving them out of harms way.
Yep. We are on their turf. Got to respect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom