What did you do?

bethram

6.4 is mist and drizzle. The new jacket worked well until the end when it picked up a bit, but I can't tell if it was the rain that did it in or all the sweat that had been building for the previous 6+ miles. 8:50 pace, my 10k time was 54:44.

JillC LI

7 miles this morning. About 2 miles into it I was thinking how I felt tired and sluggish and wasn't enjoying this run at all when I passed by the home of my son's friend whose mother, I found out this past week, has 3 months to live due to ovarian cancer which she has been fighting hard for 5 years now. I felt ashamed that I wasn't enjoying the beautiful weather and the flowers and being grateful for all I have, and I put a smile on my face and enjoyed every last step of my run even though it was one of my slowest in months. I am blessed to be able to run.

JillC LI

OK folks, it's official. I just registered for the Hershey Half Marathon in October. I haven't run a race that was longer than 10K in several years (nor have I gone further than 9-10 miles on my regular weekly runs), so I'm really excited to do with with my WDWmagic gals (and any guys who may be going too!).

Texas84

Actually had a nice day today. Did an easy 3.4 miles then waited to mow the lawn after lunch to let things dry out a bit. After the edging it looked like I did a tough mudder. Was still a little wet to edge. But the rain is rolling back in now.

Kristia

Did the Broad Street 10 Miler in Philadelphia today. I remarked to Dan about how can 40,000 people run down Broad Street in Philly and have more room and less bottlenecks then Disney? Helps that they had all of Broad Street open and not just one lane! Anyway, it was a great day for a run. A little chilly waiting at the start but perfect running weather. Starts in the Olney section of Philadelphia and runs though a lot of different types of neighborhoods, by Temple University, past City Hall, and ultimately ends at the Philadelphia Navy yard. I had a PR of 1:47:19 beating last year's time by 6 minutes! Average pace 10:41. Here's a couple pics from the day:

Before the start

Running by Temple

Coming into Center City

My awesome sister was supposed to run but was having some injury issues but she came out with my niece to cheer us on!

Into the Navy Yard - After we passed into the Navy Yard, we got to high-five the mayor of Philadelphia, Michael Nutter. He supports all the Philly races and is out there at everyone cheering everyone on.

We're done!

The bling

dreamfinder

^
Nice bling.

Meh weekend overall. Sat was supposed to be basically 6mi at tempo outside, first 2 were spot on, then the next 4 ended up averaging about 2min/mile over pace. Ew, just didn't feel it that day. Probablly one of my worst runs in over 2 years. And then Sun was supposed to be 20mi@8:03, ended up cramping out at 18.25, then tossed on 4mi on the bike. Going to be ordering some Succeed caps today per @Donald Duck suggestion, see if that helps.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nothing like a 4.5 mile run through Downtown Memphis on an unseasonably chilly 48F degree Saturday evening. In shorts, gloves and a stocking cap. In about 45 minutes. Let's try this next weekend in the 80s. Disneyland Half, I'm coming for you.
Tim, Im not minding this cool weather hanging around for a little longer. In June, July and August, we have to get our man card out of the wallet to run down here. More so in August.

joel_maxwell

7 miles this morning. About 2 miles into it I was thinking how I felt tired and sluggish and wasn't enjoying this run at all when I passed by the home of my son's friend whose mother, I found out this past week, has 3 months to live due to ovarian cancer which she has been fighting hard for 5 years now. I felt ashamed that I wasn't enjoying the beautiful weather and the flowers and being grateful for all I have, and I put a smile on my face and enjoyed every last step of my run even though it was one of my slowest in months. I am blessed to be able to run.

OK folks, it's official. I just registered for the Hershey Half Marathon in October. I haven't run a race that was longer than 10K in several years (nor have I gone further than 9-10 miles on my regular weekly runs), so I'm really excited to do with with my WDWmagic gals (and any guys who may be going too!).

I had a PR of 1:47:19 beating last year's time by 6 minutes! Average pace 10:41.
Awesome! congrats on the new PR. Nice bling and we wont go into Disney's bottlenecks. LOL

Also, very cool that the mayor comes out to support and high fives. Some people just "get it".

What a cutie!

joel_maxwell

Cahaba River Ramble on Sunday morning. 10 miler trail run (mostly service type road, but that is ok). Loads of fun and Ill do it again to support the Society. Over the 7 years of this event, they have gotten 26,000 kids tot he river to learn about it environmental impact, clean up the river and have fun. That is worth the entry fee any day.

I hung with this one girl that was running about my 10K pace (in "output" on road), but we were on trail, so it felt like we were flying and a minute or so slower than 10K pace on road. Anyway, we got to 8.5 mile mark and you went off the short service road section and headed up a 200 ft vertical climb and then back down to other side. The reason i mention, is that the weight training has really paid off. I smoked that girl up the hill and when I got the finish, I had built a 2+ minute cushion between she and I. Here are a few pics for those not on FB with me.

Start temp was 43ish I think, and the river was running very cold. Took my breath away when i was submerged.

It was my daughters 5th birthday Sunday, Cinco de Mayo, so why not be festive. I wore the sombrero the entire run and it was actually comfy.

247466_10201160764960450_1464589117_n.jpg

Tested out the Hoka trail shoes and new "Fit" socks in Caffee Creek. It usually runs at knee to waste deep at the most, but with all this rain, it was neck deep in the middle. SWEET! Trail shoes were almost as comfy soaking wet then dry.

181493_10201160763800421_306879901_n.jpg

Post race critters out to play....

575401_10201160766200481_44727545_n.jpg

603746_10201160766960500_1899818109_n.jpg

Lastly, the only thing I really get frustrated about is when there arent good enough flags or flour on the course when you have hard turn off. I came out of the climbing section that is named "the equalizer" back to the service road for a .75 mile sprint to the finish and i saw some runners passing that exit. So, they had missed the .75 mile section which was a HUGE separator. As I blew passed these people, I said, "Hey, did yall miss the climbing section?" when you get an answer of "What climbing section? Ahhh, its not a big deal, Ive been lost once today already so it equals out" it really es me off. Im not here to win it, because the other runners are a lot faster, but when I work my off to place high, and you have these jackasses that think missing parts of the course is cool. So, I ran a 7:30 pace to pass these guys so they wouldnt place higher then me. Here is the section below on the out and back, you would take a left into the climb:

Map.jpg

Overall, awesome time! Finish time was 1:24:59 and I plan to beat it next year.

joel_maxwell

Thought there was a few good things in this article: http://www.active.com/running/Articles/3-Exercise-Alternatives-For-Injured-Runners.htm?page=2

"
You can consider 4 miles of riding equal to about 1 mile of running. To get the same benefit as you would for a 5-mile run, you will need to go about 20 miles on the bike."

Really? I dont know about this. Maybe on flat road in an easy gear, but Ill say that after 10 miles of climbing and uneven roads, my legs are a lot more tired then running 2.5 miles. Even on the bike trainer, I put it in gear 8 and 10 miles is a work out for 40 minutes.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles this morning.

5k last Saturday for a friend who died a couple of years ago. Felt weird because most people knew me and every comment was "wow this is a warm up for you..."
The meat heads from a local gym were bragging about their speed and how this dostance is so mental...I wanted to scream. But I still beat them all: 12th place, 6:35 pace, 20 mins. Not bad for a slow ultrarunner!

Long runs this week, going for time: 6-8 hours per run.

Everyoneis doing great, keep it up!

bethram

3.9 miles this morning at 8:30 pace. The first two miles were 8:12. We've got a local 5k coming up that when I ran it three years ago it was pretty small, I'm hoping it still is and I'm working on my 5k speed so I can hopefully place in my age group. Silly, I know, but I figure it's something to aim for when I've only got 5ks planned for the next couple months.

Kristia

awesome work folks, I walked around universal for the last two days but that is about it,lol
Nothing wrong with that!!
3.9 miles this morning at 8:30 pace. The first two miles were 8:12. We've got a local 5k coming up that when I ran it three years ago it was pretty small, I'm hoping it still is and I'm working on my 5k speed so I can hopefully place in my age group. Silly, I know, but I figure it's something to aim for when I've only got 5ks planned for the next couple months.
Not silly at all. I would love to place in my age group, but right now, I am just too slow! :) Well, I did win my age group in a very small 5k over the winter but there were only two of us in the age group so that hardly counts!

joel_maxwell

20+ miles this morning.

5k last Saturday for a friend who died a couple of years ago. Felt weird because most people knew me and every comment was "wow this is a warm up for you..."
The meat heads from a local gym were bragging about their speed and how this dostance is so mental...I wanted to scream. But I still beat them all: 12th place, 6:35 pace, 20 mins. Not bad for a slow ultrarunner!

Everyone is doing great, keep it up!
One thing we talked about and discussed a few months ago, always respect the distance. I have people at work say the same thing. "Joel, I did a 5k this weekend. It was fun, but Im sure that is child's play to you." I always reply that anything can go wrong in any event, any distance and anyone could do the distance that we do if they worked hard.

Congrats on running for your old friend. A sweet event in its own way.

joel_maxwell

Weights this morning. I was a little more fired up today to get in the gym and work my legs out. I saw some benefits in that 200 foot climb Sunday morning. After 8.5 miles, when we started ascending, as I said in my Event report, I gained a 2+ minute lead on the 2 other runners I was with on that climb. It schooled them. I could almost run it, but didnt and climbed/walked it very fast.

Run tomorrow.

JillC LI

awesome work folks, I walked around universal for the last two days but that is about it,lol

Yeah, but YOU'RE the only one I'm jealous of right now! :)

I'm hoping it still is and I'm working on my 5k speed so I can hopefully place in my age group. Silly, I know, but I figure it's something to aim for

I don't think it's silly. When I entered a local 5K in 2011, I was hoping to do the same. The year before, my age group field had been small but I hadn't entered. Well, with my finish time (which was a PR), I would have finished first in my age group in the 2010 race, but unfortunately in 2011 I didn't even place. Oh well. I was still psyched with my PR.

Nice memorial race, Nick. Great finish time. Your goal for the week is mind-blowing.

Cahaba River Ramble on Sunday morning. 10 miler trail run (mostly service type road, but that is ok). Loads of fun and Ill do it again to support the Society.

It was my daughters 5th birthday Sunday, Cinco de Mayo, so why not be festive. I wore the sombrero the entire run and it was actually comfy.

Im not here to win it, because the other runners are a lot faster, but when I work my off to place high, and you have these jackasses that think missing parts of the course is cool. So, I ran a 7:30 pace to pass these guys so they wouldnt place higher then me. Here is the section below on the out and back, you would take a left into the climb:

Overall, awesome time! Finish time was 1:24:59 and I plan to beat it next year.

Awesome Joel. I can understand your frustration with other runners missing part of the course. Love the sombrero - lucky you didn't lose it in that deep river! My daughter's HALF birthday is on May 5th - lol - and we celebrated by buying her a new bike - adult size! She's only 11 (and a half!) but she's almost the same size as me already. Both my kids are within a half inch of me.

As for me, 5 miles yesterday, outdoors, 9:47 pace. Made up for my sluggish run on Sunday.

joel_maxwell

Awesome Joel. I can understand your frustration with other runners missing part of the course. Love the sombrero - lucky you didn't lose it in that deep river! My daughter's HALF birthday is on May 5th - lol - and we celebrated by buying her a new bike - adult size! She's only 11 (and a half!) but she's almost the same size as me already. Both my kids are within a half inch of me.

As for me, 5 miles yesterday, outdoors, 9:47 pace. Made up for my sluggish run on Sunday.
Thanks Jill. I guess the response of "Oh, it doesnt matter" is what chapps my . I know you can make mistakes on trail if you miss one flag, but I would have turned around.

Sweet deal on the bike. We celebrate my half bday too since January 1 is a bad day since everyone is hung over, on a new diet or flat broke from the holidays. :)

Nice run... and nice pace Jill.

diddy_mouse

20min, 1.8 miles today on the treadmill with an incline. Walked most of it, legs were feeling really heavy today for some reason. I think I need to add some squats into my cross-training.

Running on Thurs.

Oh, I got my bib confirmation-email-thingy the other day for my race. 12 days to the Historic 10K! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom