What did you do?

dreamfinder

Today was 30 mins of bike cross training. Seems short, but its what the plan says so it's what I did.

Almost jealous of seeing everyone else posting their registered races. For some reason I've been finding it harder to sign up the more I run. Strange.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just shy of 30 miles this morning. Which means I have to log 70 miles tomorrow to live up to what I posted yesterday. I mentioned this to Joel @joel_maxwell today, and basically, I have to commit. Dammit.

21 days until 500 miles...
Yep. I suggested he start about 12:01am today. :)
The extra squats in Power 90 3-4 are absolutely killing me. But that's gotta be good for running, right?

Another 5K Saturday. Doing a 5K or 10K every weekend in May. Running season down here ends in early June, right when I start training for the Double Dumbo.
Of course they are! It can only make you stronger.

Just dont introduce anything new the week of an event.... like I did Tuesday. My groin on my right leg feels like it got sawed in half. I know it will be fine by Sunday... but it is Thursday (which should be the worst day), and Im starting to get nervous.

joel_maxwell

As stated above, my groin is on fire and feels like a hot poker is on it. Tweaked it Tuesday doing lunges, but didnt miss my run yesterday, but I skipped my bike this morning so it can heal up for a 10 miler Cahaba River Ramble this weekend.

There is stubborn, and there is smart. Very few times I choose the later.

LindsayLoves

5.2 miles at 8:50 pace. Runs have been feeling tougher than they should lately, motivation is there and legs aren't too worn out - for now I am going to put the blame square on my allergies, if this persists I need to re-assess.

bethram

It has been a pretty tame week for running, this was my last for the week 6.4 miles. Not sure how much running I will be doing for the next little while, I suppose if the urge hits me I will and I am bringing gear with me but my family vacation starts at about 4 am tomorrow. 9 days in Orlando and 8 at Disney. happy happy days
Enjoy!

Kristia

Did roughly 2.5 miles with my coworker for her C25k workout. She is up to run 1 mile/ walk 1/4 mile, repeat. I made her pick it up for the last 1/4 mile of the last mile. She was probably cursing me at the time but was happy that we were in the low 11's for that last mile. I kind of feel good that she is almost 20 years younger than me and probably about 30 lbs lighter than me and I can kick her butt. That won't last long though! :) Friendly competition is all good! Oh...and she used to run track in highschool (sprinter).

bethram

I had a very hard time getting out of bed this morning, but I did it. I ran just shy of 4 miles and even though it wasn't my intent, I found myself continuously pushing myself on pace. I even sprinted most of the way up the really big hill on my way back up to my house. Ended up with an 8:30 pace.

JillC LI

Think I slightly pulled something with my speed workout yesterday - I have a very sore gluteus maximus today :D. I'm sure I'll be fine to run this weekend though. The weather is supposed to be beautiful - 60s.

a2grafix

I not only preregistered for the 2013 St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon, I also committed to raising $500 for the hospital as a hero. Glad that I did because I am hearing the marathon and half marathon entries are filling up quick. If I did not enter now and waited until June 1 when the race entry would be open to the public, the race could be closed by then. If I would have waited until June 1, I might miss it as well because of a military deployment (I would be traveling around registration time).

I run for St. Jude. This will be my fourth half marathon in 2013 after January's Louisiana Half in Baton Rouge (my first ever 13.1!), Labor Day weekend's Disneyland Half and Veterans Day weekend's Wine and Dine Half. All four runs for me are something special.

imagination30

good luck joel.. , as me too feeling under weather mainly bc of last weekend rain storm of a half marathon .. but Im runing a 8k tomorrow morning. ( local) so lets see how much i got left in the tank!

joel_maxwell

^ Thanks. I was iffy as of this morning on still running that ramble or not. As of right now, I think the groin will be fine, and after moving all day it feels better. Imagine that. Another rest day tomorrow should be good too.

35 laps today in the pool. 1750 yards or right over a mile. ;)

Mr mom

^ Thanks. I was iffy as of this morning on still running that ramble or not. As of right now, I think the groin will be fine, and after moving all day it feels better. Imagine that. Another rest day tomorrow should be good too.

Just don't risk making it worse

Texas84

A mile? That's impressive! I can dog-paddle a few pool lengths.

Wanted to do another 5K this weekend but we're getting bad storms tomorrow with light rain Sunday. Might go do 3-5 in the Sunday drizzle on my own.

joel_maxwell

Just don't risk making it worse
I know. I pushed myself too much in the lunges department. It was Tuesday morning... so I should have been almost over it by today (knowing how long this kind of soreness last). It is odd, but the more I move around, then better it feels. I sit for 30 minutes, it hurts. Normal running motion should be fine. It would be any type of lunging motion.
A mile? That's impressive! I can dog-paddle a few pool lengths.

Wanted to do another 5K this weekend but we're getting bad storms tomorrow with light rain Sunday. Might go do 3-5 in the Sunday drizzle on my own.
Thanks. 2 weeks ago, I did 1.25 miles in the pool. 45 laps. I love to think back to September when I started and I couldnt do 10 laps in 1 hour. It schooled me. I can do about 45 laps in 1 hour now if I really push. However, I dont ever get enough sleep and always a hint tired, so I like to do 5 laps then a 30-60 second rest break.

Rain you say... yes, it is nasty here. I wanted to do a 50K charity event tomorrow in part of the Alabama Trail Series but it is my daughters 5th bday. So, I will be chasing a bunch of kids around the yard instead. :D

fmingo36

I not only preregistered for the 2013 St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon, I also committed to raising $500 for the hospital as a hero. Glad that I did because I am hearing the marathon and half marathon entries are filling up quick. If I did not enter now and waited until June 1 when the race entry would be open to the public, the race could be closed by then. If I would have waited until June 1, I might miss it as well because of a military deployment (I would be traveling around registration time).

I run for St. Jude. This will be my fourth half marathon in 2013 after January's Louisiana Half in Baton Rouge (my first ever 13.1!), Labor Day weekend's Disneyland Half and Veterans Day weekend's Wine and Dine Half. All four runs for me are something special.

Yay for you Tim! I am a big supporter of the St. Jude Foundation. I'll be more than happy to give you a donation towards your race.

bethram

I didn't run this morning because it was raining, but I will run tomorrow. I've been looking for a waterproof jacket to run in and finally found one today and to make it even better is was $21 on clearance from $100! There was one I liked better but it was only marked down to $80 and couldn't justify it.

a2grafix

Nothing like a 4.5 mile run through Downtown Memphis on an unseasonably chilly 48F degree Saturday evening. In shorts, gloves and a stocking cap. In about 45 minutes. Let's try this next weekend in the 80s. Disneyland Half, I'm coming for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom