What did you do?

fmingo36

First time in months I've done anything.
I did an hr of yoga/pilates and 2 miles on the threadmill this morning.
I was very happily surprised that I was able to picked up right where I left off. I did not lose any of my stregth, balance or endurance. Of course my abs are going to hate tomorrow but it was worth it!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Did your girls see the outfit? Did they call you Barney? ;) Pictures please.

:p

Wishing you the best of luck on Sunday. (how many fulls have you done now?)
Hoping you have a successful race! I am sending positive energy your way for good weather and no injuries!
Looking forward to reading about your latest accomplishment on Sunday.
LOL, luckily, they dont know who Barney is. If it was a little girl with a bowl cut that spoke Spanish, they would... Ok, so Ill post a picture of the fleece jacket. It stayed purpleish, but the pants turned blue. WTH?

Thanks Coryna. This will be lucky #3. I just want to go have fun and run a solid race. The first one was to prove I could do it, last years was to get a sub 4 hour and this year is for fun. If all goes well, Ill do my 4th Full on March 23rd.

Positive vibes accepted and appreciated (especially after the mistaken identity which you know about on FB and the tech shirt) ;)

joel_maxwell

I was very happily surprised that I was able to picked up right where I left off. I did not lose any of my stregth, balance or endurance. Of course my abs are going to hate tomorrow but it was worth it!
Sheeeee's baaaack!

The Mingo! Woot!

Mr mom

Good luck Joel, you'll probably do better now that you have nothing to prove. You have done it before so just go do it. I have no idea what I will be like the first time I actually run a race or attempt a full.

bethram

I had a great run this morning, unfortunately it was cut short because DH wanted to run to and we've got places to be this morning. My GPS died 50 minutes, 5.3 miles into it, so I'm guessing that I ran 9.25 miles at about a 9:30 pace. It was the longest I've run since my 15k on Jan 12th.

Off to shower and warm up!!!

joel_maxwell

Good luck Joel, you'll probably do better now that you have nothing to prove. You have done it before so just go do it. I have no idea what I will be like the first time I actually run a race or attempt a full.
Thanks. I think I will too. I cant wait for you to do one. You will smoke it. Id say the biggest factor of change is when we do training runs, most of us walk out the back door and go. One these days, there is a lot of added BS involved and waiting. Positive: at least it isnt a Disney event and the obscene amount of waiting and corralling.
I had a great run this morning, unfortunately it was cut short because DH wanted to run to and we've got places to be this morning. My GPS died 50 minutes, 5.3 miles into it, so I'm guessing that I ran 9.25 miles at about a 9:30 pace. It was the longest I've run since my 15k on Jan 12th.

Very nice run.

About the GPS dying, that is one of my biggest nightmares. LOL, it has happened once, and I felt so lost without it. (Hence why I started "No Watch Mondays" on my runs). Im such a dork.

Kristia

Awesome! Glad to hear you are on the mend finally!

Mr mom

I don't have a gps, I just have all the areas I run measured and various crossroads etc for distances and intervals. plus my timing which tends to accurately put me where I need to be. For me the mp3 dying turns my run sour,lol

bethram

I don't have a gps, I just have all the areas I run measured and various crossroads etc for distances and intervals. plus my timing which tends to accurately put me where I need to be. For me the mp3 dying turns my run sour,lol

I'd be fine for one of my weekday runs in my neighborhood without my watch, but on the weekend for my long runs I venture into the two neighborhoods closest to mine and I don't know them well to judge my mileage.

LindsayLoves

Got 12 miles in, my longest run since the marathon in January on a route I haven't run since November - man the Queensboro bridge is a pain when you aren't running it a few times a month. I didn't bother worrying about pace but if I would have run another 1.1 at my average pace I would have PRed my half marathon best by like 2 minutes. Can't wait to race a half next month!

EDIT: BTW, I got back from downtown and they put a Women's Medium in my bag. It isnt like these are pre packed. The lady looked at me, I said Medium, and she gave a me a womens. Im shaving 10 minutes off my time to redeem and prove her wrong... after I exchange my shirt. :)

Best of luck for tomorrow! And to think all the ladies who run complain about race shirts never coming in ladies sizes/cuts and you get one, jealous! :p

a2grafix

Have not really run any miles in the past two-three weeks in the wake of my first half marathon, I did go on some nice runs, but after 2 weeks of working 10-12 hours a day at the TV station and putting in the monthly 12-day work week (Air National Guard duty), have not been able to find the time. Well, I take that back. I have had Tony Horton and Chalene Johnson and Jeff Galloway in my mind pushing me to do a P90X or TurboJam routine or light 5K run, but just didn't have the time.

I did register for the Disneyland Half, and locked in my airfare and hotel. I am also eying the Wine and Dine Half registration because I want to try for the coast to coast. Keeping true to my new year's resolution of challenging myself. Starting to plan out my half marathon training program, courtesy of Mr. Galloway.

Today, Saturday 16 Feb, I got back on the road and ran the 10K portion of the annual MoveItMemphis 5K / 10K races through downtown. Coolness that in the first 2.5 miles I ran right in front of my apartment. Bad thing though it was 29-31F with a strong westerly / northwesternly wind. The chilly temp and wind just affected my run. Stopped many times, like it was my first run EVER. I was not ready for it after being sedentary for several weeks. Was hoping to finish around 60 minutes but ended at 69 minutes and some seconds.

Post race meal was free - all the beer you could drink and all the BBQ pork sammiches I could chow down. Beer was good, but colder than the air temp, and in the wake of sweating a little from running in my track suit I got really cold on my walk back to my apartment, 2 miles away. Got another nice little medal for my collection.

a2grafix

Side note: Although I am committed to running a half marathon at Disneyland in September and another half at Walt Disney World in November, and likely the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon in December (registration sometime in early March), I am leaning on not registering for any future runDisney races due to the entry price. Was shocked to see the Disneyland Half price up to $175, an increase of $25-$35 since 2012, and the Wine and Dine Half is the same price.

I'm committed and already handed over over $200 for the Disneyland Half, and likely the same price for the Wine and Dine Half, but after learning the 2013 Tower of Terror 10 miler is now up to $150 entry, up from $100 in 2012, just wondering how far Disney will raise prices for future road races in California and Florida. I know it's Disney and we are treated to a pretty awesome Disney experience - not to mention the finisher medal bling, but after running January's Louisiana Half in Baton Rouge, there are other cool distance runs out there other than Disney. I'm already looking toward 2014 and there are some interesting races out there. I will likely enter the US Air Force Half Marathon and the US Marine Corps Half Marathon, for starters. I'm also entertaining invites to run in the Glass City Half Marathon in Toledo, Ohio, as well as the Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati Half marathons in my home state.

Texas84

In honor of Joel running his marathon this morning. I ran 2.62 miles on the treadmill :)
Ha! Looking forward to a report.

Back from the Jalepeno 100 10K in south Texas. Turned the corner to the finish and saw the clock turn to 59. Sprinted to a 59:14 but then learned they messed up the course. Garmin said 5.64. Still decent for me.

fmingo36

Ha! Looking forward to a report.

Back from the Jalepeno 100 10K in south Texas. Turned the corner to the finish and saw the clock turn to 59. Sprinted to a 59:14 but then learned they messed up the course. Garmin said 5.64. Still decent for me.

Here's my report:
I pressed buttons, the machine started. My legs moved, I was thinking I was glad I wasn't outside in the wind. I finished. Run completed 28:39 :p

Congrats on your race Mark!

imagination30

beautiful 45 degrees , run this afternoon , and in honor of the Mercades half and marthon in birmingham and for joel ,,, even though i didnt make 13.1 , i did 11.47 , in 1:45:05 , with a pace of 9:10..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom