What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good for you on the swimming accomplishments, Joel. Good luck at Ruffner! I also wouldn't look in the swag bag until after the race is over. We all know you'll finish though. And finish strong.
Thanks. It is rough the first few times down and back, but I settled in nicely and very proud.

As far as Ruffner, I finished in 2:18:00 last year and was in a little better shape. Maybe I was a little fatigued too from over training on the hills because I went into last year with tired legs. This year I am not as trained on hills, but maybe a little more rested. We will see tomorrow and you know ill post up some info. Thanks *waves*

GoofyRacer11

Cross-Fit class #4 completed! Today's exercise included a warmup of a 400 meter run, 15 squats, 15 pushups, and a 400 meter row. The actual WOD was 3 rounds of 200 meter runs, 30 walking lunges, and 10 pullups. But I decided why not do 5 rounds and make the 200 meter runs into 400 meters instead. I finished in 19 minutes and 25 seconds. Afterwards, I stretched and then chose to add deadlifts, thrusters, dip squats, and another 400 meter row into the mix.

Texas84

As far as Ruffner, I finished in 2:18:00 last year and was in a little better shape. Maybe I was a little fatigued too from over training on the hills because I went into last year with tired legs. This year I am not as trained on hills, but maybe a little more rested. We will see tomorrow and you know ill post up some info. Thanks *waves*
Sounds like you might need Nick's running helmet. Seriously. I bet there are some spills on that course. Good luck!

I did 8.3 miles on the bike. Very windy. o_O I could do more but I'm supposed to stick to 30 minutes on the plan. Note to self: No more bike riding on a Friday afternoon. Too much traffic.

Kristia

Thanks. It is rough the first few times down and back, but I settled in nicely and very proud.

Good luck this weekend!

joel_maxwell

Ruffner Mtn Crusher proved to be exhausting this year too. As I said before, they moved the event up 1 month. So it was 20 degrees warmer today at start (65) and 75 at finish. That made for slower paces unfortunately. 2:18:00 last year, 2:43:00 this year. All in all, still proud even though I didnt come close to matching my time last year. Here are some stats and pics.

Elevation gain 2,821
Elevation Lost 2,783
Ascended 3,837
Descended 3,943

The downhills really beat the hell out of your ankles with small rocks and tree limbs covering the trail. I know Nick can appreciate that. I ran into a bush and got a contusion on my knee and ran into a tree and tore up my shoulder, but that is all apart of it and comes with the territory. I was actually a little lonely for a little while. I thnk I ran 4-5 miles by myself. That is fine typically, but I needed someone with me to push me like i enjoyed the first 5 miles.

We didnt get the awesome swag handmade clay medals this year. Since a major sponsor was a local micro brewery, we got finisher pilsner glasses with finisher and the event printed on them. Now for the pictures.

Iron Ore "Crusher"

photo4.jpg

Elevation

Ruffner Climbing.jpg

And me enjoying a microbrew in my new pilsner.

photo5.jpg

Thanks for all the support. @Donald Duck , thanks for the text today bro. Really meant a lot.

LindsayLoves

Joel, nice job! Your post makes me wish I was out of the city and had a chance to do more (any) trail running. I will always have a special place in my heart for races that end with a beer!

Mad Stitch

10 miles today. I've been in a real slump ever since the DL race. I ran the whole 13.1 miles, but now it seems like I can't go 5 miles without walking anymore. Don't know what happened. Beginning to wonder how I'm going to get through the WDW Marathon at this rate.

Kristia

We would like to thank our sponsors.... LOL. 90% of the entry fee went to support the Nature Center. Makes you feel good.

View attachment 28173

Yes, that is a hand written 42K. There were only a few who were doing it, and it Nick was there, Id be waiting to see him finish.
Congrats and good job! Sounds like a tough but fun run! Love that the proceeds went to a nature center. My major in college was Environmental Science and my internship was at a nature center run by NJ Audubon Society.

Kristia

As for me, I ran a slow, steady 6 miles at 12 min/mile pace. My knee was still sore but it was doable as long as I kept it slow. The good news was that after I stopped, my knee felt normal. Woohoo! Hopefully I will be good to go for my half marathon next weekend. Don't think I will be making a PR though!

joel_maxwell

Congrats and good job! Sounds like a tough but fun run! Love that the proceeds went to a nature center. My major in college was Environmental Science and my internship was at a nature center run by NJ Audubon Society.
Very nice. I was in Environmental Engineering for about 1 quarter. Yep, I was that statistic that didnt make it. *sigh* I was 18, dumb and just wanted to have fun. Oh well, no regrets.

joel_maxwell

Joel, nice job! Your post makes me wish I was out of the city and had a chance to do more (any) trail running. I will always have a special place in my heart for races that end with a beer!
thanks!!!

I wish you could. It is so nice a peaceful. I wanted to beat the runners that I passed or got passed by that had music playing through a mp3 device. Really? You are in the beauty of nature. Immerse yourself in nature, and the sound of bugs. Geeeez people.

Texas84

As for me, I ran a slow, steady 6 miles at 12 min/mile pace. My knee was still sore but it was doable as long as I kept it slow. The good news was that after I stopped, my knee felt normal. Woohoo! Hopefully I will be good to go for my half marathon next weekend. Don't think I will be making a PR though!
Had to give that a Like because you're running my average pace on a bad knee. :D

Joel, nice work. Not sure I'm up to that challenge. I was happy to just survive my last trail run in Georgia.

Today was amazing. Got up at daybreak for 11 miles. Perfect weather, about 60F and low humidity. Nice breeze as the sun came up. It was one of those days where everything clicked. Good energy, legs were awesome, breathing was clear. Almost tripped avoiding a car but recovered nicely. My stomach was doing something funny at mile 9 but it quickly passed. I feel great right now.

GoofyRacer11

I ran 14 miles this morning in the local metroparks at a 8:30/mile pace. I ran it slower than I wanted to, but I was still sore from my last Cross-Fit workout. The weather was perfect for running. It was 65 during the run with a cool breeze. Too bad the weather in Ohio isn't going to stay this way.

imagination30

a nice run of 3.60 , with a 8:04 pace.. and a light rain about mile 2.. so it waqs kinda hard to see with rain in my eyes off of my glasses! but a cool 75 ..

joel_maxwell

Congrats Joel, sounded like a brutal body exercise for the joints. Not sure I would want to do 42 k of that.
More of main muslce groups. My quads hurt so bad today, that if I squat 90 degrees, I can hold the weight. It makes walking up stairs fun and entertaining to watch me work that. LOL
Joel, nice work. Not sure I'm up to that challenge. I was happy to just survive my last trail run in Georgia.

Today was amazing. Got up at daybreak for 11 miles. Perfect weather, about 60F and low humidity. Nice breeze as the sun came up. It was one of those days where everything clicked. Good energy, legs were awesome, breathing was clear. Almost tripped avoiding a car but recovered nicely. My stomach was doing something funny at mile 9 but it quickly passed. I feel great right now.
Im not sure why I like that challenge, but I do... and Im reminded of it all day today. :)

Very nice on the run yourself. I love those days.

LindsayLoves

Race roundup - Grete's Great Gallup - 13.1 miles in Central Park. 2:05:44 finish time. My first half marathon!

A very hilly and undulating course which was a bit more than a lot of folks were ready for - the pack really cleared out after the first 10k. People were also WAY bundled up at the start, it was 55 and breezy and a lot of people realized the error of their way about 3 miles in when they were overdressed for the weather. I am glad I braved it out in a tank and shorts for 20 minutes in the corral, it was near 70 and sunny by the time I finished.

I felt great and love the hills on the north side of the park as I run them regularly, my downfall was the last mile, I ran out of gas and could only muster a 9:58 mile. Definitely some tweaking is needed on fuel/hyrdation for the next one and for my long run training.

Kristia

Race roundup - Grete's Great Gallup - 13.1 miles in Central Park. 2:05:44 finish time. My first half marathon!

A very hilly and undulating course which was a bit more than a lot of folks were ready for - the pack really cleared out after the first 10k. People were also WAY bundled up at the start, it was 55 and breezy and a lot of people realized the error of their way about 3 miles in when they were overdressed for the weather. I am glad I braved it out in a tank and shorts for 20 minutes in the corral, it was near 70 and sunny by the time I finished.

I felt great and love the hills on the north side of the park as I run them regularly, my downfall was the last mile, I ran out of gas and could only muster a 9:58 mile. Definitely some tweaking is needed on fuel/hyrdation for the next one and for my long run training.
Good job! That is a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom