What did you do?

dreamfinder

I know exactly the one you are talking about. Which do you find tougher - the speed workout where you decrease distance while increasing pace or the one where you decrease pace while increasing distance? For some reason the first one is so much harder for me than the second one even though it's just the same thing in reverse.

Haven't done the inverse yet. Think that one is in a few weeks still. Today was 40 min on the bike, 10 easy 20 tempo 10 easy. My body seems to be doing ok with this system. I still am getting used to doing more miles mid week, but less on the weekend.

Mr mom

Rough run this morning, the wind gusts were wicked and I was not into it, so I decided I would push it and make it a good run no matter how I felt. 15.7 miles plus a full workout. Was done in at the end and put my head down and tried to hump the last quarter mile, not my wisest move I face planted onto the rear window of a parked car, so now I have a nice cut on the bridge of my nose, a few new bruises and some hurt pride. Oh well 2.06 was not a bad time though.

LindsayLoves

6.1 miles at 9:28 pace. It was my first time running back to back days in a while and I felt about 100xs better than the day before when I was kind of low energy.

One more short run on Friday before the half on Sunday, picking up my number this afternoon!

JillC LI

Haven't done the inverse yet. Think that one is in a few weeks still. Today was 40 min on the bike, 10 easy 20 tempo 10 easy. My body seems to be doing ok with this system. I still am getting used to doing more miles mid week, but less on the weekend.

I did the one this morning with decreasing pace for increasing distance intervals. I slightly upped my previous pace for each of the intervals (going from 8 min to 8:30 min throughout - a lot slower than you, I know, but fast for me!) and it still felt doable despite being tough. Total of 4 miles.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30+ miles just now. Left quad is in terrible pain. I feel like puking or passing out right now.

Two whales hanging around all morning and afternoon just off shore.

Time to puke...

Kristia

Was able to do 3 miles today. Kept it slow about 13 min miles. Kinesiotaped my patellar tendon and no crunching! Yay! I was kind of freaking out the past few days because I have 2 races coming up that I am really looking forward to and of course trying to stay on track with the Goofy training. Hopefully I am on the mend!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Puke & rally. Sometimes ya just gotta purge.
2 things i hate, puking and other peoples feet. So, when I go run one day with Nick, I dont want to see his lack of toenails and he better not puke on me or Ill take his trekking pole and beat him with it. So, he can (by accident of course) spray blood on me, spit on me, blow snot on me, boogers, sweat... you name it, but no puke!

Just thought Id throw that in there.

It passed. Body is just sore from the last two weeks.
12 days, around 330 miles.
Nice bro! Very nice! I think you are on your way to the 500 nicely.

Ariel484

Was able to do 3 miles today. Kept it slow about 13 min miles. Kinesiotaped my patellar tendon and no crunching! Yay! I was kind of freaking out the past few days because I have 2 races coming up that I am really looking forward to and of course trying to stay on track with the Goofy training. Hopefully I am on the mend!

I hope things continue to improve...be careful! :) Lucky you have your own personal PT!

dreamfinder

I did the one this morning with decreasing pace for increasing distance intervals. I slightly upped my previous pace for each of the intervals (going from 8 min to 8:30 min throughout - a lot slower than you, I know, but fast for me!) and it still felt doable despite being tough. Total of 4 miles.

Nothing wrong with that. As long as you keep pushing yourself to do better, that's the important part.

Mr mom

2 things i hate, puking and other peoples feet. So, when I go run one day with Nick, I dont want to see his lack of toenails and he better not puke on me or Ill take his trekking pole and beat him with it. So, he can (by accident of course) spray blood on me, spit on me, blow snot on me, boogers, sweat... you name it, but no puke!

Just thought Id throw that in there.

Nice bro! Very nice! I think you are on your way to the 500 nicely.

I guess you will never work in healthcare, after 19 years of seeing far worse than what bothers you I can honestly say I have not found anything that bothers me.

Mr mom

Today was good 10.8 miles plus my full workout. It has been an excellent week for me running wise, 54.3 miles this week and about 53 miles last week, no where near Nick but respectable none the less

joel_maxwell

I guess you will never work in healthcare, after 19 years of seeing far worse than what bothers you I can honestly say I have not found anything that bothers me.
Correct sir. I had a family member in and out of hospitals for several years after a stroke and it clarified that I was not cut out for the medical industry. No way Jose'.

joel_maxwell

16 Lengths in the pool this morning. That water was cold too. It was 60 outside, which is nice, until you are wet. The water was cold too, but felt great after a lap, so you couldnt rest long or you would start getting chilled.

Im proud of overcoming some major anxieties in the water. It is still a battle, but I think I have reached a plateau and it isnt an up hill battle anymore to get fluent and more resilient in the water.

One note about tomorrows Ruffner Mtn run, I got an email from the director and she said there was no early pickup for your bib/tech shirt. They were all race morning. That is fine, but she mentioned that your swag for the event (which is an awesome hand made from clay medal) will be giving to you in your pre-race bag. Im not a believer in superstition, but this makes me nervous. Staying true to my beliefs, if for some reason I DNF, I guess Isabeau & Rivers will have a neat thing for their dress up trunk.

Happy Friday.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21 miles on the sand.

Doing all that I can to trash my legs and force myself to keep going the next day; pain and fatigue included.

Trails tomorrow in order to trash my quads some more.

Rolling, icing and recovery caps for the next three days.

Earn that clay medal Joel!! I feel the same way as you, so DON'T EVEN LOOK AT IT PRE-RACE!!

JillC LI

Today was good 10.8 miles plus my full workout. It has been an excellent week for me running wise, 54.3 miles this week and about 53 miles last week, no where near Nick but respectable none the less

More than respectable.

16 Lengths in the pool this morning. That water was cold too. It was 60 outside, which is nice, until you are wet. The water was cold too, but felt great after a lap, so you couldnt rest long or you would start getting chilled.

Im proud of overcoming some major anxieties in the water. It is still a battle, but I think I have reached a plateau and it isnt an up hill battle anymore to get fluent and more resilient in the water.

One note about tomorrows Ruffner Mtn run, I got an email from the director and she said there was no early pickup for your bib/tech shirt. They were all race morning. That is fine, but she mentioned that your swag for the event (which is an awesome hand made from clay medal) will be giving to you in your pre-race bag. Im not a believer in superstition, but this makes me nervous. Staying true to my beliefs, if for some reason I DNF, I guess Isabeau & Rivers will have a neat thing for their dress up trunk.

Happy Friday.

Good for you on the swimming accomplishments, Joel. Good luck at Ruffner! I also wouldn't look in the swag bag until after the race is over. We all know you'll finish though. And finish strong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom