What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

dreamfinder

Fri was 14+ at a 8:34 pace. Should have done a full 15, but I needed to hit the road. Spent the weekend in the middle of the woods learning how to fell trees, throw axes, raise chickens, all sorts of fun stuff. So a quasi cross training core workout....

joel_maxwell

Fri was 14+ at a 8:34 pace. Should have done a full 15, but I needed to hit the road. Spent the weekend in the middle of the woods learning how to fell trees, throw axes, raise chickens, all sorts of fun stuff. So a quasi cross training core workout....
LOL... doomsday prepper!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My usual No Watch Monday. A very pleasant 3+ miles today in darkness (only thing I love about Daylight Savings time) and 49 degrees. Still in shorts and regular tech shirt so I can "feel" the love of winter and the cold coming.
Cant wait for those cooler temps!

joel_maxwell

Cant wait for those cooler temps!
It will be in the upper 40's for lows until Thursday. Then Friday and Saturday are back to lows around 60. A little frustrating because I have a 21K trail run Saturday morning. It is the killer elevation change run. I was hoping for low temps. At least it is a month earlier this year than last year, so the leaves are on the trees still, so that sun coming through will not get to us that easy. Maybe some of that low temps will stay under the tree canopy.

Texas84

My usual No Watch Monday. A very pleasant 3+ miles today in darkness (only thing I love about Daylight Savings time) and 49 degrees. Still in shorts and regular tech shirt so I can "feel" the love of winter and the cold coming.
I've switched to afternoons. Do not like the cold!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
150 miles (give or take 2 miles) for last week. Hoping to break 200+ miles again by Halloween.

Lots of trails last week and over the weekend. Insane hills. I had to stash my trekking poles and freakin' climb; grabbing onto roots and rocks etc...

Just under 25 miles this morning on sand, asphalt and boardwalk.

"Best Wife Ever" award goes to Mrs. Machine, for getting me the new Garmin Fenix gps as an early birthday present :D. 50+ hours of battery, built like a tank, endless info (time, distance, pace, real time electronic compass, temp, altimeter, barometer, wireless comminication, track log, vibration alerts, etc...too many features).

Ok, back to work.

joel_maxwell

I've switched to afternoons. Do not like the cold!
I didnt either at first, and the first 5 minutes are no fun, but once you warm up, and dont over dress, I just love the chilling of my lungs and the lesser fatigue it does to my body.

150 miles (give or take 2 miles) for last week. Hopping to break 200+ miles again by Halloween.

Lots of trails last week and over the weekend. Insane hills. I had to stash my trekking poles and freakin' climb; grabbing onto roots and rocks etc...

Just under 25 miles this morning on sand, asphalt and boardwalk.

"Best Wife Ever" award goes to Mrs. Machine, for getting me the new Garmin Fenix gps as an early birthday present :D. 50+ hours of battery, built like a tank, endless info (time, distance, pace, real time electronic compass, temp, altimeter, barometer, wireless comminication, track log, vibration alerts, etc...too many features).

Ok, back to work.
So when is Mrs Machine going to talk Mrs. Maxwell into getting Joel that watch. All I want is my 305 to tell me the temp. (and it would be really cool if the screen had a touch sensor on it to gauge wind chill) :cool:

Nice mileage. If you have never run trails, especially trails with hills, it is like running double on semi flat land. I completely respect those who do it. Running up a hill on asphalt is one thing, running up a trial hill is like running stadium stairs... with potentially loose footing. Last year i thought I had prepared for this weekends Ruffner Mtn event, but I was humbled. Only way to train for such a thing is actually running the course, or doing a boat load of stadium stairs.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I didnt either at first, and the first 5 minutes are no fun, but once you warm up, and dont over dress, I just love the chilling of my lungs and the lesser fatigue it does to my body.

So when is Mrs Machine going to talk Mrs. Maxwell into getting Joel that watch. All I want is my 305 to tell me the temp. (and it would be really cool if the screen had a touch sensor on it to gauge wind chill) :cool:

Nice mileage. If you have never run trails, especially trails with hills, it is like running double on semi flat land. I completely respect those who do it. Running up a hill on asphalt is one thing, running up a trial hill is like running stadium stairs... with potentially loose footing. Last year i thought I had prepared for this weekends Ruffner Mtn event, but I was humbled. Only way to train for such a thing is actually running the course, or doing a boat load of stadium stairs.

I'll get Alison on it, no worries buddy :D.

I'm at about 75% into my McN500mi training. The trails I've been running are destroying my quads and ankles, and I love it. Especially because I'm pulling the same high mileage, even though it takes twice as long. I'll try and post the elevation profile for McN. The first 1.90 miles has just over 1,200 feet of climb, which means I should bring climbing gear :eek:. Bring it.

joel_maxwell

I'll get Alison on it, no worries buddy :D.

I'm at about 75% into my McN500mi training. The trails I've been running are destroying my quads and ankles, and I love it. Especially because I'm pulling the same high mileage, even though it takes twice as long. I'll try and post the elevation profile for McN. The first 1.90 miles has just over 1,200 feet of climb, which means I should bring climbing gear :eek:. Bring it.
Sam would laugh and say that is what my iphone is for with the Weather Channel App. :D

I wish you were local because you could smoke this Ruffner Mtn run with 3K. I was looking at a cool event in GA called the Twisted Ankle Half/Full Marathon. By the looks of the course map, looks fun.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ultrarunning buddy of mine lives in GA. He runs (no pun intended) an ultrarunning club down there that I can't type because it will get blocked :D. Anyway, he's the one who finished McN500 this year; first person ever. There are tons of local ultras near you. Shoot for a quick 50k...because you're coming up to NJ for 100mi in March ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Ok, back to work.

Looks really nice! I hadn't seen that one before. How is it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom