What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
okay so tonight , i tested my legs to see how they felt after saturday.. they still feel like jelly!... , but i did mange a 4.10 miler at a 8:26 pace .. with speed work on the side.. and bump that up to 6 :25 at one point. , now fixing to to do push ups and moew the yard!..

PUSH UPS!!
You will run with us IBUs in October...50 miler.
#ultrafmingo

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
If you ever get a chance to run in a Color Run you definitely should do it. They travel all around the country. And I bet Isabeau would love it!
They were here Sunday in Birmingham. Like I said, I was closer watching you dance than me going and running it. Ill let you dancin diva's rule this event. *wink*

Isabeau would love it though. She is still a little small to do 3.1 miles. All it will take is her asking to do it, then you know Id swallow my pride, put on my old shoes and go do it. Ha!

joel_maxwell

okay so tonight , i tested my legs to see how they felt after saturday.. they still feel like jelly!... , but i did mange a 4.10 miler at a 8:26 pace .. with speed work on the side.. and bump that up to 6 :25 at one point. , now fixing to to do push ups and moew the yard!..
Stop talking dirty. LOL... I know you are a dude, but if a girl on this forum said that... watch out! ;) (Note: if she dipped or had straw hanging out of her mouth, different story. No thank you.)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 25 mi. Didn't stick to my "plan" yesterday, which made for a mentally difficult run.

Hitting the trails later this morning.

joel_maxwell

5.15 miles this morning.

2 adjustments that i have noticed on the Hoka's. 1) I am still running way to fast. I need to slow down. I guess I dont have that impact resistance where on every step, the shock helps me slow down. All of my "internal" speedometer/pacing readings are way off. I could guess within about 5 seconds of my pace before. Back to square one 2) I notice that these shoes use a set of muscles in my legs more than before. Maybe it is an illusion, but my calves and shins are really getting a work out. Ill adjust, but it is interesting to say the least to feel the difference.

JillC LI

Isabeau would love it though. She is still a little small to do 3.1 miles. All it will take is her asking to do it, then you know Id swallow my pride, put on my old shoes and go do it. Ha!

What a good dad. I once read an essay by Dean Karnazes about the best run he ever had, and it was a 5 mile run with his daughter who, if I remember correctly, was about 10 years old. It's worth reading. I'm not sure but I think it was in "Chicken Soup for the Runner's Soul." There's nothing quite like running with (or being beaten by!) your child. My son started school today so Cross-Country Track will start any day now. We're contemplating whether we want to race our local 10K in October this year (we did the 5K last year). I have a pretty good shot at eaking out a win at that distance because he's never run more than 5K! LOL

joel_maxwell

What a good dad. I once read an essay by Dean Karnazes about the best run he ever had, and it was a 5 mile run with his daughter who, if I remember correctly, was about 10 years old. It's worth reading. I'm not sure but I think it was in "Chicken Soup for the Runner's Soul." There's nothing quite like running with (or being beaten by!) your child. My son started school today so Cross-Country Track will start any day now. We're contemplating whether we want to race our local 10K in October this year (we did the 5K last year). I have a pretty good shot at eaking out a win at that distance because he's never run more than 5K! LOL
I remember that from last year.

Im not sure if Isabeau will be my running girl (or either child, who knows). If I had to guess, I think that Rivers (15 months now) might be our athlete. Next year, Isabeau will be able to participate in the Kids Marathon next year and that will be a tell tell. I think she likes for me to push her in the BOB stroller so we can look for deer more that running. LOL

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
How are those trekking poles treating you?

They are great on the steep inclines, but I hate the locking mechanism. They were given to me from a friend of a friend. Just ordered the pair I originally wanted and I should have no issue with those; even lighter (9ounces) and the lock is like a bank vault.

joel_maxwell

They are great on the steep inclines, but I hate the locking mechanism. They were given to me from a friend of a friend. Just ordered the pair I originally wanted and I should have no issue with those; even lighter (9ounces) and the lock is like a bank vault.
It is all about the lock. You cant have that fail.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
5.08 miles yesterday. It was a slow pace, which I wasn't happy with. However, I was out with the jogging stroller for the first time in awhile, and that thing takes some adjustment. Looking forward to and absolutely fearing Tough Mudder this weekend.

LindsayLoves

I have been a bit MIA recently due to an injury. I ran through some side knee pain when I did my 9 mile run two weekends ago. The pain was more of an ache and was only for the last 5k or so, but nothing that I thought was a big deal. Three days later when I went out for my next run the knee actually started hurting after 2 miles so I stopped and walked it out. I thought rest would fix it but yesterday I figured out that it was my IT band and started doing lots of stretches for it so I am starting to feel a bit better already. Definitely taking it easy and focusing on stretching more. I was always pretty smart about my stretching but with my mileage going up every week I will have to do more than before.

joel_maxwell

5.08 miles yesterday. It was a slow pace, which I wasn't happy with. However, I was out with the jogging stroller for the first time in awhile, and that thing takes some adjustment. Looking forward to and absolutely fearing Tough Mudder this weekend.
Have fun with that electricity. It should be shockingly fun.... "babunp- chi" (rim shot)

I have been a bit MIA recently due to an injury. I ran through some side knee pain when I did my 9 mile run two weekends ago. The pain was more of an ache and was only for the last 5k or so, but nothing that I thought was a big deal. Three days later when I went out for my next run the knee actually started hurting after 2 miles so I stopped and walked it out. I thought rest would fix it but yesterday I figured out that it was my IT band and started doing lots of stretches for it so I am starting to feel a bit better already. Definitely taking it easy and focusing on stretching more. I was always pretty smart about my stretching but with my mileage going up every week I will have to do more than before.
Did someone say IT band issues?

Time and stretching... and possibly strengthening will help. Go look up IT band strengthening exercises. I did those for awhile and it seemed to help (if nothing more than mental help). I quit doing them once I started running again since I felt that running, cycling and swimming was enough at the time.

Did 3 miles yesterday @ 10:18 pace. The humidity is back with vengeance!
It was 90% for me this morning.

joel_maxwell

4.10 miles this am.

Hoka love keeps growing. They seem to be settling in to my body, or should I say, my body is settling in to the Hoka.

Swimming in the am.

JillC LI

How does one run at all with trekking poles, let alone 500 miles?

joel_maxwell

How does one run at all with trekking poles, let alone 500 miles?
I can understand. I could use them in some portions of my Ruffner Mtn run and it is only 13.1.

Very technical downhill and "side" of the mtn stuff are tricky and extended arms would be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom