What did you do?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Got in 4.75 at a 10:10 pace in my NEW sneakers. Still have an hour of core/bike to look forward to this evening.

Not sure if I'm keeping these sneakers. First time with Brooks and I had some tingling in my toes on the right foot throughout my run; I'm guessing that's not a good thing.
My wife had a bit of a roller coaster with Brooks. One pair were great, but then a later edition just didn't work. Brooks were great to deal with though with their fit guarantee.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Got in 4.75 at a 10:10 pace in my NEW sneakers. Still have an hour of core/bike to look forward to this evening.

Not sure if I'm keeping these sneakers. First time with Brooks and I had some tingling in my toes on the right foot throughout my run; I'm guessing that's not a good thing.

When I started running, that was the first shoe I tried. Not for me. Alison wears them and love em. Im a Hoka Mafate guy.

a2grafix

Was supposed to run 5 miles per the Tower of Terror 10-miler training plan this week, and did just that but being deployed for a little military exercise in northern Michigan, I found out the outer loop at the base is 1.75 miles. So, multiply that by 3 and I got 5.25 miles. And I did just that - 5.25 miles in 64 F and clear conditions. Surprised myself in 45:30 for 5.25 miles, so that's averaging 9-something per mile. It was about 57-58 F when I finished.

And this was after a 12-hour shift.

Never run 5 miles flat out, but since I have been on the 10-miler training plan each extra mile has been easy to accomplish. After working an 11-hour shift today, my supervisor, who is also the fighter wing's fitness monitor asked me if I wanted to go with him on a 1.5 fitness run (I had to measure out the fitness course and he wanted to test it). So, I ran with him 1.5 miles.

So that's 6.75 miles in less than 18 hours. In the last 11 days I have run 19.2 miles. Crazy.

I have to run 30 minutes twice this week, and come Saturday there is a 5K planned, so I got my weekend running taken care of. Tower training plan calls for 3 miles this weekend.

Continuing on uncharted territory. Tower, I am coming for ya.

I need a massage.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
16 lengths of the pool this morning (just to clarify, not 16 lengths of an Olympic size pool, half size. Typical YMCA size). There was a DRASTIC improvement from my first swim session last Friday. I felt much more comfortable in the Crawl and Breast stroke. Very excited... and tired.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
16 lengths of the pool this morning (just to clarify, not 16 lengths of an Olympic size pool, half size. Typical YMCA size). There was a DRASTIC improvement from my first swim session last Friday. I felt much more comfortable in the Crawl and Breast stroke. Very excited... and tired.
Nice work!

joel_maxwell

5 miles this morning, 39mins. Rain/wind was a factor today, but happy to complete the run.
I love running in different elements than our usual runs. My favorite runs of all time was a a 5:30 winter run, it was dark, light rain and so peaceful. I can remember almost ever step of that run. 2) the time I ran in light snow. It wasnt sticking, but not the norm for our climate. It was sensory enrichment. Loved it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I love running in different elements than our usual runs. My favorite runs of all time was a a 5:30 winter run, it was dark, light rain and so peaceful. I can remember almost ever step of that run. 2) the time I ran in light snow. It wasnt sticking, but not the norm for our climate. It was sensory enrichment. Loved it.
Yep definitely. Change is good!

Ariel484

Hmm...that's no good. I've only ever run in Saucony and Brooks (currently Brooks Adrenaline GTS) and I have had the numbness, but that was BEFORE switching to Brooks. I hope you find something that works better for you!

JillC LI

Was supposed to run 5 miles per the Tower of Terror 10-miler training plan this week, and did just that but being deployed for a little military exercise in northern Michigan, I found out the outer loop at the base is 1.75 miles. So, multiply that by 3 and I got 5.25 miles. And I did just that - 5.25 miles in 64 F and clear conditions. Surprised myself in 45:30 for 5.25 miles, so that's averaging 9-something per mile. It was about 57-58 F when I finished.

And this was after a 12-hour shift.

Never run 5 miles flat out, but since I have been on the 10-miler training plan each extra mile has been easy to accomplish. After working an 11-hour shift today, my supervisor, who is also the fighter wing's fitness monitor asked me if I wanted to go with him on a 1.5 fitness run (I had to measure out the fitness course and he wanted to test it). So, I ran with him 1.5 miles.

So that's 6.75 miles in less than 18 hours. In the last 11 days I have run 19.2 miles. Crazy.

I have to run 30 minutes twice this week, and come Saturday there is a 5K planned, so I got my weekend running taken care of. Tower training plan calls for 3 miles this weekend.

Continuing on uncharted territory. Tower, I am coming for ya.

I need a massage.

Good job, and thank you for your service. Btw, my company is having a Health Fair today, and I was just able to get a 6 minute massage - heaven!

Great job Joel. Which stroke will you do in the tri?

5 miles this morning, 39mins. Rain/wind was a factor today, but happy to complete the run.

Fantastic!

I ran 10 miles today. I started at 6:30 am, before the heat set in.

That's the only way to do it these days - nice and early. Good run.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Another 30mi down. Still feeling good. Ran hard out and back.

And Joel, 202 push ups??? Nah, 203 push-ups ;)

Nutrition is being tweaked again. I'm doing everything in my power to sub20 hours at BoB 100mi. I know a few people who are running, and I've researched most of my competition...a few tricks up my sleeves to create spirit breakers for better runners. One guy I know, who is pretty damn fast, is just coming off a 100 mi DNF (rare for him), so it makes him vulnerable, or really dangerous. With the right strategy, I could, in theory, make a top ten finish. But 100 miles is an equalizer...

Other news: I officially have two sponsors! Doing everything they can to get me across the finish for McN 500.

Run hard folks.

Kristia

Hmm...that's no good. I've only ever run in Saucony and Brooks (currently Brooks Adrenaline GTS) and I have had the numbness, but that was BEFORE switching to Brooks. I hope you find something that works better for you!
I am a Brooks Adrenaline GTS girl myself! Started with Asics and I had shin splints and knee issues. Switched to Saucony and the toebox was too small. I have been with Brooks for the past year and a half and love them. I was wearing the GTS 11's and just bought the GTS 12's as they are phasing out the 11's. I was worried that they would be different but so far so good. The running store said they are a bit lighter than the 11's.

joel_maxwell

Great job Joel. Which stroke will you do in the tri?
So far, in 2 sessions, I have come to this conclusion. Lets pretend I get down the pool in the same amount of time doing either stroke. The crawl leaves me winded, but the breast stroke leaves me winded and my shoulders and triceps are on fire tired. I have good strong shoulders and tri's too. So, I think Ill do both to build muscle and stamina during this summer/Fall, but then in the new year, Ill start focusing on one. I think I like the Crawl better and I can see getting much better at it quicker (since I have seen major improvements in only 2 sessions). Sam thinks that I wont be able to master the Crawl as well as the Breast stroke, but that is all I need to prove her wrong. *wink*

joel_maxwell

Another 30mi down. Still feeling good. Ran hard out and back.

And Joel, 202 push ups??? Nah, 203 push-ups ;)

Nutrition is being tweaked again. I'm doing everything in my power to sub20 hours at BoB 100mi. I know a few people who are running, and I've researched most of my competition...a few tricks up my sleeves to create spirit breakers for better runners. One guy I know, who is pretty damn fast, is just coming off a 100 mi DNF (rare for him), so it makes him vulnerable, or really dangerous. With the right strategy, I could, in theory, make a top ten finish. But 100 miles is an equalizer...

Other news: I officially have two sponsors! Doing everything they can to get me across the finish for McN 500.

Run hard folks.
That a boy!

Cool on the sponsors. Nice job! Is one of them the product you sent me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom