What did you do?

Texas84

As Nick prescribed a month ago, Im taking a dose of Man the F Up. :lol: Dr. Nick orders.

With all that said, I am calling my insurance company to find out how much of an MRI they will cover.:lookaroun

With all due respect to Nick-Dai-Sensei, it's hard to man up when your knee dislodges. :animwink:

Mickey&Minnie

6 miles today. 4 outside then I had to take it inside because the heat and humidity was getting to me. Needless to say the last 2 miles were much more enjoyable and better paced.

On my outside half I saved a nice size turtle from the road, although I am pretty sure he wasn't appreciative, because it tried to ______ all over me. LOL! That's ok tho, I put him right next to the bayou so I think he would rather prefer that than being road kill.

TakeMeThere81

On my outside half I saved a nice size turtle from the road, although I am pretty sure he wasn't appreciative, because it tried to ______ all over me. LOL! That's ok tho, I put him right next to the bayou so I think he would rather prefer that than being road kill.

LOL when we lived in Mobile, AL I did the same thing and the same thing happened to me! They ______ when they are scared, it's a reflex!

Yesterday I did a 4 miler. Feeling pretty good!

3 Miles today.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yay! Finally had a training run under 11 min/mile! 3.74 miles, pace 10:46. It was pretty humid and buggy too. Ran at work which is out in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful Pinelands, but sucks if I get hurt. There is not a house on the whole route, just woods, woods, and more woods!

Congrats on your new training run record!

JillC LI

Im glad we could be of service... Just think how fun we would be with a few adults beverages in us. :D

You need to take a road trip to NJ!

I'm comin' too! This I want to see!

Yay! Finally had a training run under 11 min/mile! 3.74 miles, pace 10:46. It was pretty humid and buggy too. Ran at work which is out in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful Pinelands, but sucks if I get hurt. There is not a house on the whole route, just woods, woods, and more woods!

Congrats on your achievement!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You need to take a road trip to NJ!
That is a dangerous sounding trip. :D

With all due respect to Nick-Dai-Sensei, it's hard to man up when your knee dislodges. :animwink:
I didnt want to sound like a wuss, but when you IT band gives out and your knee wont hold any weight while it feels like someone is sticking it with a hot poker, I take some time off.

If my knee dislodged I'd be the first one to cry like a little girl :D
:lol: me too.

Way to go!

Good running everyone this week!

Jill, we will invite you for sure. Not that this is the only reason, but we will need a responsible "Adult" there to keep us out of trouble.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Back to back 20 milers all week after DG50 miler. The pain is intense. Give me some more!

So far I've got 3 people now on my crew/pacer team for the McN500 mile. It's going to be epic.

Hope everyone is running hard!

Cheers folks!

Texas84

Wish I could join the team but I have all my time off wrapped up in races. :D Sounds like fun.

5.23 miles today. Just one of those off days but I made my goal training pace which is about a minute off what I have been doing. Last two miles were slow. Might have been the heat. I also had to stop for two cars simultaneously pulling out of the driveway right when I approached. What are the odds? :veryconfu It was a bad run but funny, I feel pretty good right now. Going out now to cut the grass! :hammer:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My wife and I ran the Madison, WI 1/2 Marathon.

They called off the full marathon on Friday due to dangerous predicted temperatures (mid 90's).

We decided that this was going to be a race that was about just finishing. At the 7:00 am, gun, we got off to a good start, as the first part of the course was downhill from the grounds of the Wisconsin Capital square.

By mile 3, you could really feel the humidity. Going through the first water station was a disaster. They did not have cups ready for the runners, and everybody that wanted water or gatorade had to wait. Adding insult to injury was the fact that they were using plastic cups, which my wife slipped and fell into the water table on when she approached it.

On a side note, there were some frat boys running a beer and bacon stand right next to it, and they were more than ready for anybody that wanted it.

We continued a good pace until about mile 5.5, when the heat really started to ramp up. I was dripping sweat, and mile 6-7 seemed to take forever. I was really uncomfortable. At mile 7, I downed a GU at the water stand and felt a better for awhile.

We continued up and down what seemed like endless hills. When we weren't doing hills, the roads we were on were severely pitched, causing hell on my ankles.

I powered through to mile 9, where we left the residential neighborhood, and headed out onto a 4 lane road that crosses between 2 big lakes. I thought that being between the lakes would be nice because of the breeze.

I was wrong.

That road decided to mercilessly beat me down physically and mentally. There was no shade, and it seemed to go on forever. To make matters worse, it was an out and back. I had to do it twice.

We finally got done with that stretch of road at about mile 12.5, and headed straight uphill back to the capital square.

To my surprise, we managed to finish strong and my wife scored a PR 2:48:48. It was almost 20 minutes slower than my last 1/2 Marathon, but then again, the course and conditions were much different.

When people asked how it was I have been telling them "You know how you go outside on a hot day, and the sun and heat just take it out of you? Yeah - I ran 13 miles in that."

Texas84

When people asked how it was I have been telling them "You know how you go outside on a hot day, and the sun and heat just take it out of you? Yeah - I ran 13 miles in that."

Great job. But I think you just convinced me not to run the summer half at Robins AFB. Summer is 5K season. :D

Kristia

They called off the full marathon on Friday due to dangerous predicted temperatures (mid 90's).

We decided that this was going to be a race that was about just finishing. At the 7:00 am, gun, we got off to a good start, as the first part of the course was downhill from the grounds of the Wisconsin Capital square.

By mile 3, you could really feel the humidity. Going through the first water station was a disaster. They did not have cups ready for the runners, and everybody that wanted water or gatorade had to wait. Adding insult to injury was the fact that they were using plastic cups, which my wife slipped and fell into the water table on when she approached it.

On a side note, there were some frat boys running a beer and bacon stand right next to it, and they were more than ready for anybody that wanted it.

We continued a good pace until about mile 5.5, when the heat really started to ramp up. I was dripping sweat, and mile 6-7 seemed to take forever. I was really uncomfortable. At mile 7, I downed a GU at the water stand and felt a better for awhile.

We continued up and down what seemed like endless hills. When we weren't doing hills, the roads we were on were severely pitched, causing hell on my ankles.

I powered through to mile 9, where we left the residential neighborhood, and headed out onto a 4 lane road that crosses between 2 big lakes. I thought that being between the lakes would be nice because of the breeze.

I was wrong.

That road decided to mercilessly beat me down physically and mentally. There was no shade, and it seemed to go on forever. To make matters worse, it was an out and back. I had to do it twice.

We finally got done with that stretch of road at about mile 12.5, and headed straight uphill back to the capital square.

To my surprise, we managed to finish strong and my wife scored a PR 2:48:48. It was almost 20 minutes slower than my last 1/2 Marathon, but then again, the course and conditions were much different.

Good job on your finish and your wife's PR! Way to fight through the heat!!

joel_maxwell

Joel, Nick, Jill & Coryna for a night out on the town.
Um...who is bringing the bail money? :lol:
Im not going to name names, but we do have a lwayer in the runners forum, Im sure he could represent us.

PhoneDave...
I think Dave will be the one hanging out the sun roof of the limo. You could call him, but Im not sure if he would here his mobile with all that wind up there. :D

I was wrong.

I get that a lot from family and my wife. She comments on "How in the hell do you run in this heat? I cant breathe just walking out in it." Nobody said it was easy, and yes, I think it is just as much an accomplishment to run in that heat than it is to do double the distance in 30 degree weather. Heat and humidity are their own element of a challenge.

Glad yall had "fun" (because we all know looking back on it, it rocked), and nice PR.

JillC LI

Jill, we will invite you for sure. Not that this is the only reason, but we will need a responsible "Adult" there to keep us out of trouble.

Hey, when did I become the "responsible" (aka boring) one?! (It's true, but when did I get that rep?! LOL)

Im not going to name names, but we do have a lwayer in the runners forum, Im sure he could represent us.

Chh chem (clearing throat). Um, that would be me too. But what if I'm part of the group that needs representing?!

We decided that this was going to be a race that was about just finishing.

Nice job. The heat will really take it outta ya. Congrats to your wife on her PR.

As for me, I ran 8 miles Saturday morning in almost 80 degree heat at 7am. Plugged through. Then this morning I ran 4 miles at 6:30am outdoors because it was cooler outdoors (at 5 degrees) than it is currently in my house with the still-broken A/C! We are absolutely dying in my sauna of a house. Thursday cannot come fast enough to have the central air unit replaced. Usually when you finish a run in the heat, it feels great to get indoors in some a/c to cool off, but since my house was hotter than the outdoors, I offered to drive my son to school today instead of him taking the bus just so I could cool off in the car's a/c! LOL. Then I took an ice cold shower.

joel_maxwell

Hey, when did I become the "responsible" (aka boring) one?! (It's true, but when did I get that rep?! LOL)

Chh chem (clearing throat). Um, that would be me too. But what if I'm part of the group that needs representing?!
I could sense it. One might argue... I have the force.

Then we would reject council... and let you represent us all.Trespassing, Indecent Exposure and Lude Conduct should be a breeze to get us off on.

Nice job. The heat will really take it outta ya. Congrats to your wife on her PR.

As for me, I ran 8 miles Saturday morning in almost 80 degree heat at 7am. Plugged through. Then this morning I ran 4 miles at 6:30am outdoors because it was cooler outdoors (at 5 degrees) than it is currently in my house with the still-broken A/C! We are absolutely dying in my sauna of a house. Thursday cannot come fast enough to have the central air unit replaced. Usually when you finish a run in the heat, it feels great to get indoors in some a/c to cool off, but since my house was hotter than the outdoors, I offered to drive my son to school today instead of him taking the bus just so I could cool off in the car's a/c! LOL. Then I took an ice cold shower.
Broken AC. WOW. I dont have to have much, but AC and sleep go together. Hope Thursday it gets repaired.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
If we all go out, Jill will be the one who gets trashed and picking fights with strangers :wave:

Anyway, back to back 20-25 milers everyday since last week. Haven't been on a 30mi in a while. Maybe this week.

It's super hot out. I'm emptying all three 750ml bottles by mile 13. Stopping on the boardwalk to buy more.

Run strong folks.

fmingo36

Back from a nice long weekend in Stowe, Vermont with the family. It was a great time except for my vehicle broke down on the way home and the $500 car repair bill that came with that. :mad:

Thursday-a quick 2.5 miles before packing up the car
Friday-a 7 hr. drive. My body was in no mood to do anything but sit in the hot tub---Ahhhhhhhh
Saturday-I did 1/500th of Nick's Vermont Run. (Well actually 6 miles.) Found a wonderful walk/bike trail near the condo we stayed at. I ran with my hubby and let's just say he has a much faster pace than me. Ran the first 3 miles in a 9:19 minute mile. (No wonder I could feel my heart coming out of my chest). Slowed it down a bit on the way back; 3 miles at a 10:25 pace.
It really is beautiful up there.
And more hot tubbing too!
Sunday-toured the Vermont Teddy Bear Co. and Ben & Jerry's factorys. And yes, samples were tasted (at Ben & Jerry's not the Vermont Teddy Bear Co. :lol:
Monday-back in the car and issues with the car. BLAH!
Today-got home and went straight to the gym. 3 miles on the treadmill, 13 miles on the bike and 1/2 hr. core.

Hope everyone is doing well with there training. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom