What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
26.21 miles at a 9:00 min pace. Plus 27 push ups.
No stomache issues or pain, so the run was comfortable, relatively speaking.
Towns are starting to close the bathrooms on the boardwalks, so that's making me nervous:lookaroun

I hope everyone is doing well!
Cheers folks.

JillC LI

Towns are starting to close the bathrooms on the boardwalks, so that's making me nervous:lookaroun

Cheers folks.

Wow.

So, couldn't finish an even 30 pushups, huh? :animwink: :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ayup. Have one, and use it for any non treadmill run. If anything, I always thought I was looking at it too often. Never thought about it from the "zone in" aspect of it. Maybe I need to pay even more attention. Interesting thought. Have to try something that way, see what happens. Thanks for planting the seed.
I hate looking at my watch, but once I got use to the "feel" of a solid 7:30, 8, 8:30 and 9 minute pace, it made it easier to stay the course. I can almost feel when Im running a certain pace. The watch is just to make sure my instincts are correct.

Good luck!

Phonedave

Cheers folks.

Isn't that what the ocean is for ? :confused:

-dave

Phonedave

What type of award is it? A medal? It would be a great accomplishment in any case.

From the USA Track and Field site.

Q: What is the Phidippides Award?
A: The Phidippides Award, inspired by the historic masters runner, is an award available to dedicated members of USATF (over the age of 40) who earn points through their participation in road races throughout the year. Athletes who earn enough points will be recognized by USATF with a personalized Gold, Silver, or Bronze plaque.

It is only open to Masters (over 40) runners who are members of USATF. This is my first full year as a Masters runner, so the first year I am elegible for the award.

Points are awarded based on length of road race, not time or place.

Race Distance Points per race
5 km - 5 mile 1 point
10 km - 15 km 2 points
10 mile - 1/2 Marathon 3 points
25 km - Marathon 4 points

The number of points you need is based on your age.

...............40-59 yrs. 60-79 yrs. 80+ yrs.
Gold Award 20 points 16 points 8 points
Silver Award 16 points 12 points 4 points
Bronze Award 12 points 8 points 2 points

I have completed something like

1 Marathon
2 10K
6 or 7 5K

so far this year.

I have the Wine and Dine half for 3 points this weekend, and I think 2 other 5k's already registered for. So I need to find another 2 or 3 5K races (or a 10K)

-dave

Texas84

3 miles in the evening to get ready for F&W. Should have waited for nightfall. 92F right into the sunset. Wanted to stop about 2.5 miles in.

AUPr8Hd

3 miles in the evening to get ready for F&W. Should have waited for nightfall. 92F right into the sunset. Wanted to stop about 2.5 miles in.

3 miles at 9:30. It wasn't 92F, but run still felt horrible. Legs were heavy, no energy. :brick:

It's what I get for getting up @ 3:00am. Oh well, I guess this means Saturday will be a good one :ROFLOL:

GoofyRacer11

Ran 6 miles today at a 7:30 minute mile pace and
felt good the entire time. Just getting over a soft
tissue problem the past couple days. Not sure what
my long run will be this week since I have two soccer
games to play. This is also my first week lifting weights
twice a day, so we will see how that goes.

By the way, is everyone able to see the pictures I posted
from the warriors dash?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.25 miles this morning, yes even after the 26.21 from yesterday...would you expect anything less stupid from me???
Plus 33 push ups, just for you Jill and Joel :D

Cheers folks.

JillC LI

I hate looking at my watch, but once I got use to the "feel" of a solid 7:30, 8, 8:30 and 9 minute pace, it made it easier to stay the course. I can almost feel when Im running a certain pace. The watch is just to make sure my instincts are correct.

Good luck!

I wish I could do the same. I have absolutely no internal sensor for speed. All I know is I'm either running hard or easy, and that could range all over the map. I have to constantly monitor my Garmin when I'm trying to hit a certain pace for a prescribed training run. Today is supposed to be 1.25 miles at 9:20 pace, half mile rest pace, 1.5 miles at 9:20 pace (plus warmup and cooldown). It was somewhat cooler out at lunch although a bit muggy so I hope the breeze holds out.

19.25 miles this morning, yes even after the 26.21 from yesterday...would you expect anything less stupid from me???
Plus 33 push ups, just for you Jill and Joel :D

Cheers folks.

Glad to see you're getting back in shape. :D And we'll take that middle finger with the love it was intended to impart. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom