What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Is this the same one you did last year? They approved it last year but won't this year...!?!?!

Yup, the same one. They didn't get the permit for the Long Valley course, so they were looking at the Morris County parks system, and they denied it as well. I think there was a town meeting about it yesterday where all the runners were going to speak their minds. is right. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, 21.67 miles just now.

Meeting a friend at the watering hole for a few.

Cheers folks.

AUPr8Hd

Good luck at the race. Travel safe!

Thanks Joel

Last year the W&D was definitely muggy but it could have been worse.

Last year was certainly muggy. But, I trained in it all summer in Alabama. So it wasn't too terrible.

8 mile run this morning. I haven't looked at the stats yet. But, I felt like I was able to go faster as the run progressed. Legs still felt pretty good at the end.

Now time for some college football

a2grafix

I ran a light 1.5 miles around 3am around a foggy track early today. Took the rest of the day off and now will sleep 7 hours at best before I run the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5K Sunday morning with some of my 17,000 or so friends and breast cancer survivors.

It will be my third 5K this year.

scorp111

Seventeen this morning at 10:19 pace :)

Happy with it overall, as it is my new longest run ever, came at the end of my highest mileage week ever, and near the end of my highest montly total ever. The first ten went well at 10 min per mile, slowed down at the end.

The full is slowly becoming less "scary", and I would have had "only" 9 more miles to go today.

Followed it up with an ice bath, some food, and a nap.

Abbreviated taper Week this week, as I am running a half next Saturday in Manchester, TN and then another Sunday in Nashville. When I started running just about a year ago, there is no way I could imagine this.

fmingo36

Happy with it overall, as it is my new longest run ever, came at the end of my highest mileage week ever, and near the end of my highest montly total ever. The first ten went well at 10 min per mile, slowed down at the end.

The full is slowly becoming less "scary", and I would have had "only" 9 more miles to go today.
Followed it up with an ice bath, some food, and a nap.

Abbreviated taper Week this week, as I am running a half next Saturday in Manchester, TN and then another Sunday in Nashville. When I started running just about a year ago, there is no way I could imagine this.

Isn't it amazing when running a marathon is not an impossible thought but an achievable goal! Just wait till you cross the finish line.

A quick 3 miles and an hour of yoga for me today.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Last year the W&D was definitely muggy but it could have been worse.
I trained in a Alabama summer like AUPr8Hd did but for some reason, 10pm, 75 degrees and 80% humidity whipped my butt. I give the excuse that I was on property chasing a 3 year old around for 4 days prior. :D

8 miles at 9:17 per mile....

First Long Sleeve run of the year at home :)
Was just trying for a steady eight (was thinking close to 10 Min miles), and I will consider it accomplished. Pushed a little to get the last mile sub nine.
Splits:
1 9:11.1
2 9:22.2
3 9:06.3
4 9:27.8
5 9:15.8
6 9:29.0
7 9:32.6
8 8:55.3
5 more miles like this next Saturday and I will have a PR in the half (but would miss sub 2 hours).
17 miles tomorrow morning.
Good luck. I think if you really push, you will make that sub 2 hours

Thanks Joel

Last year was certainly muggy. But, I trained in it all summer in Alabama. So it wasn't too terrible.

8 mile run this morning. I haven't looked at the stats yet. But, I felt like I was able to go faster as the run progressed. Legs still felt pretty good at the end.

Now time for some college football
I got up yesterday at 5am, did 9 miles, then came back to the house and packed up the family and headed to AU for the day and night. Attended the game and this boy was WORN out last night by 9pm.

Isn't it amazing when running a marathon is not an impossible thought but an achievable goal! Just wait till you cross the finish line.

A quick 3 miles and an hour of yoga for me today.
YES. The reason Im going to shoot for the Full this February (shhhh, Sam doesnt know) is that when I accomplished mine, I didnt have 1 family member that could make it to Nashville. It was a great accomplishment, but all those who supported me along the way werent there. I want to do one where I know someone at the finish line.

joel_maxwell

Saturday, 5am start. Awesome weather. Very cool and the stars/moon were out.

9.15 miles. Major hill work. Slower pace like I should on a long run :mad:
Elevation gain: 873
Elevation Lost: 882
Ascended: 1439
Descended: 1430

Splits:
1: 9:35
2: 10.21
3: 9:38
4: 9:24
5: 9:38
6: 10:13
7: 9:32
8: 9:19
9: 9:04
.15: 1:17

1:28:06

GoofyRacer11

Yesterday, I ran 16 miles and ran about another
1.5 at soccer practice. The rain held off just enough
for me to finish my long run, which was good. My pace
was about the same as last weeks. Today, I lifted weight
in the morning before going to the indians game. I'm about
to do some more weight lifting in a few minutes. Sorry about
the delay on the warriors dash photos, but here are the three
of me.

set

set

a2grafix

Completed my third 5K this year in 30:15. Not too bad since I had not run a 5K in seven years. It might not seem much, but a major accomplishment for me.

One of these days I will get the running down and increase. Baby steps. Next challenge is to run a 10K and eventually a half-marathon. Baby steps.

Would love to challenge myself and run a race down at WDW or Disneyland.

dreamfinder

I wonder why. Do you go significantly faster on race day at the start of the race than you do in your training runs? Maybe if you slowed it down at the start of the race you'd have more left in the tank and could maybe do negative splits to get the BQ? Just a thought from someone who has completed the marathon but will never BQ and is OK with that. :)

Hard to say. If anything my training pace is a little faster than what I need to qualify. And unless the pacers I have been running with at the races are starting off too fast..... Eh. I dunno. My splits in the last one were pretty much dead on at the start.

Sorry to hear about the non BQ. That is puzzling about the the 15-16 mark. I wonder if it is anything mental? You know, now that it is in your head. Maybe it is all the hype once there with race day etc.

Hey, come run the local Birmingham Mercedes. It is pretty flat, only about 3K people and a whole lot of non hype compared to big RnR events or Disney events. Not sure where you tried to qualify.

It may be. My dad actually thinks I am subconsciously changing my stride or something day of. Which could correspond to the extra blisters and other assorted issues that pop up during the races and not the training.

The last one I did in IL was fairly similar to that. 2500 or so runners total that did a full, half, or 20 all using the same start finish and part of the same course. Prior race in VT was about 3k with way to many hills. I have a habit of overlooking the altitude charts when I register for a race.

Me too. My mom keeps saying that I should try. I wouldnt take on that training commitment right now with very small kids. That isnt fair. When they are older, maybe. It isnt about the B for me, it is about personal goals. That might come into focus one day... but not right now.

I was trying to squeak it in now prior to having that same issue. But hey, getting older means you can be slower........

Completed my third 5K this year in 30:15. Not too bad since I had not run a 5K in seven years. It might not seem much, but a major accomplishment for me.

One of these days I will get the running down and increase. Baby steps. Next challenge is to run a 10K and eventually a half-marathon. Baby steps.

It's all about the baby steps. Adding on slowly and soon it seems like nothing. Keep it up!

joel_maxwell

It may be. My dad actually thinks I am subconsciously changing my stride or something day of. Which could correspond to the extra blisters and other assorted issues that pop up during the races and not the training.

The last one I did in IL was fairly similar to that. 2500 or so runners total that did a full, half, or 20 all using the same start finish and part of the same course. Prior race in VT was about 3k with way to many hills. I have a habit of overlooking the altitude charts when I register for a race.
I think that might be it. Before my Garmin, I didnt and couldnt keep up with my pace last February at the Mercedes. I had a Polar that I could "lap" at the mile markers. I ran a very uncharacteristic of my goal first 4-5 miles at a a 6:30 pace. I was just in the crowd and if felt normal. I was so tired by mile 8-13.1 after that.

Just a thought. Do you have a Gamin. If so, I would zone in on that "pace" reading and stick to it.

fmingo36

YES. The reason Im going to shoot for the Full this February (shhhh, Sam doesnt know) is that when I accomplished mine, I didnt have 1 family member that could make it to Nashville. It was a great accomplishment, but all those who supported me along the way werent there. I want to do one where I know someone at the finish line.

My hubby couldn't make it to Florida with me last January when I ran the full (my 1st full), so once I hit the 26 mile marker, I called him on my cell and gave him a play-by-play of everything that I could tell him about as I approached the finish line. It was nice to hear his voice saying "I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! and CONGRATULATONS!" I know it wasn't the same as him being there but at least I kinda got to share the moment with him.

JillC LI

Nice Steve, really nice!

Congratulations! That's terrific.

My hubby couldn't make it to Florida with me last January when I ran the full (my 1st full), so once I hit the 26 mile marker, I called him on my cell and gave him a play-by-play of everything that I could tell him about as I approached the finish line. It was nice to hear his voice saying "I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! and CONGRATULATONS!" I know it wasn't the same as him being there but at least I kinda got to share the moment with him.

That is so sweet! and so impressive because there's no way I could've made a phone call and had a coherent conversation at mile 26 of my marathon! LOL

As for me, yesterday was one of my top ten most miserable runs. It was only 7 miles and it nearly killed me. I don't know if it was insufficient sleep or, more likely, the unexpectedly humid weather in the mid 70s, but I thought I was going to die keeping up my required 9:52 pace. I felt like crap from the first step til the last. But in the end, I finished at an average of 9:48! I am proud of that now, but at the time all I cared about was standing in an ice cold shower and taking a nap. I was truly out of it for the whole rest of the day as a result of that run. But today I'm feeling fine and I have a speed work session planned for tonight. :)

fmingo36

That is so sweet! and so impressive because there's no way I could've made a phone call and had a coherent conversation at mile 26 of my marathon! LOL

I was also videotaping as I approached the finish line, so it's really funny to
watch it back and hear my exact thoughts as I approached the finish line and as i crossed it. I was just a little bit excited!!! :lol:

scorp111

In a word - AWESOME :)

Just 3 miles this evening at 8:45 pace. I only have 3 more miles planned this week before I do Southern Tennessee Plunge Half on Saturday and the Music City Half on Sunday this weekend.:)

Blueliner

5 miles at 5 a.m. and everything felt pretty good. The route has a few little rolling hills and a "false flat" for the last mile or so.

It was one of those deceptive runs where the temperature feels "just right" when you walk out the door but gets to be a bit on the warm side once your core temperature rises. Still, after this summer, I will never complain about running in 62 degrees (even with some humidity).

dreamfinder

I think that might be it. Before my Garmin, I didnt and couldnt keep up with my pace last February at the Mercedes. I had a Polar that I could "lap" at the mile markers. I ran a very uncharacteristic of my goal first 4-5 miles at a a 6:30 pace. I was just in the crowd and if felt normal. I was so tired by mile 8-13.1 after that.

Just a thought. Do you have a Gamin. If so, I would zone in on that "pace" reading and stick to it.

Ayup. Have one, and use it for any non treadmill run. If anything, I always thought I was looking at it too often. Never thought about it from the "zone in" aspect of it. Maybe I need to pay even more attention. Interesting thought. Have to try something that way, see what happens. Thanks for planting the seed.

JillC LI

Four and a half miles of speedwork last night on the treadmill. It was a progressive run with speeds increasing as interval distances decreased. It was 1 mile at 8:52 pace; half mile rest at 10:00 pace; half mile at 8:35 pace; quarter mile rest at 10:00 pace; quarter mile at 8:27 pace; eighth mile rest at 10:00 pace; eighth mile at 8:03 pace; with a warmup and a cooldown. I found it harder to increase speed with the decrease in interval distance than it was last week to increase interval distance with a decrease in speed. Good workout.

Stationary bike tonight.

Phonedave

Haworth 5k this weekend.

200% humidity ( :) ) and it starts downhill. Ugh, I was enjoying myself all the way to about mile 2, but in the back of my mind a little voice is saying "you are going to pay for these 2 miles of gentle downhills" Oh yeah, I paid. Hit that overheating point and slowed to a crawl.

Wine and Dine 1/2 this weekend and then after that I think I need 2 (or is it 3) more 5K's by year end to qualify for the USATF Gold Phidipidies award. Yee Ha.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom