What did you do?

scorp111

4 miles at 9:07 per mile this morning in the mist :)
Just one more weekday run this week, and it is only another 4.

Higdon's Intermediate Marathon Plan just really seems to go big on the weekends, I have an 8 and a 17 this week.

SleepingMonk

For time:

5 muscle ups
245 pound Deadlift, 10 reps
15 GHD Sit-ups
Sprint 50 yards

5 muscle ups
15 GHD Sit-ups
Sprint 100 yards

5 Muscle ups
15 GHD Sit-ups
Sprint 150 yards

5 muscle ups
15 GHD Sit-ups
Sprint 200 yards

dreamfinder

Congrats on the PR even though I'm sure you're disappointed about not BQing. A 20 minute PR is quite an accomplishment!

Thanks. It wasn't a bad race. But for whatever reason no matter how I do on distance runs during training, and how my body handles them then, at marathons it just kinda implodes after mile 15-16. Meh. It was nice to run in the rain. For the first 2 hours. By the end it was kinda like, seriously? Are you done yet?

Congrats to everyone else. Watching everyones progress over time is pretty awesome to see.

scorp111

Some 1/2 mile interval work this morning, 4 miles at an overall 9:17 pace.

1/2 mile warm-up, then three 1/2 mile intervals each followed with 1/2 mile easy recoveries, 1/2 mile to finish up.

The intervals were 3:52, 3:58, 4:02 with the goal being 4:00, so I will take it.

In a less happy note, already seeing some wear on the tread on these Saucony's, makes me wonder how much I really will get out of them. 350 out of them last time, but only 150 so far this time. I will stick with them through the dual half marathons on October 1st and 2nd, and then might have to go get fitted at Fleet Feet and try something with a harder sole, or maybe inserts.

My first shoes were Reeboks and they wore perfectly even for 300+. Then I was fitted for the Saucony's and they were good, and in fact I actually felt the wear before I realized you could see it on the bottom. So I went with the same model again, but this time started watching for the wear sooner. :shrug:

Mr mom

10.7 miles this morning felt great to actually push it a little, still had lots left in the tank too. Also did 30 minutes with the weights. and abdominal exercises, those kill me.

JillC LI

Thanks. It wasn't a bad race. But for whatever reason no matter how I do on distance runs during training, and how my body handles them then, at marathons it just kinda implodes after mile 15-16. Meh. It was nice to run in the rain. For the first 2 hours. By the end it was kinda like, seriously? Are you done yet?

Congrats to everyone else. Watching everyones progress over time is pretty awesome to see.

I wonder why. Do you go significantly faster on race day at the start of the race than you do in your training runs? Maybe if you slowed it down at the start of the race you'd have more left in the tank and could maybe do negative splits to get the BQ? Just a thought from someone who has completed the marathon but will never BQ and is OK with that. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Sorry to hear about the non BQ. That is puzzling about the the 15-16 mark. I wonder if it is anything mental? You know, now that it is in your head. Maybe it is all the hype once there with race day etc.

Hey, come run the local Birmingham Mercedes. It is pretty flat, only about 3K people and a whole lot of non hype compared to big RnR events or Disney events. Not sure where you tried to qualify.

Completely agree. This forum has been so fun.

I wonder why. Do you go significantly faster on race day at the start of the race than you do in your training runs? Maybe if you slowed it down at the start of the race you'd have more left in the tank and could maybe do negative splits to get the BQ? Just a thought from someone who has completed the marathon but will never BQ and is OK with that. :)
Me too. My mom keeps saying that I should try. I wouldnt take on that training commitment right now with very small kids. That isnt fair. When they are older, maybe. It isnt about the B for me, it is about personal goals. That might come into focus one day... but not right now.

AUPr8Hd

Did an easy 3 miles last night. Humidity was through the roof. Coached U6 soccer game in my NB Minimus for an hour about 2 hours before the run. So, my legs weren't "fresh"

Hope the humidity for Wine & Dine is a little more bearable :ROFLOL:

Texas84

3 miles on the treadmill last night. Bleh. I hate the treadmill but it's raining. Decided to move my workouts to nights to get ready for F&W.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21.11 miles this morning.
Getting back to the push-ups as well.

Side note: NJ trail series is having issues with getting the permits for the ultra in March. Stupid town says, "endurance sports, like ultrarunning, is dangerous," and they won't support it. No ____-t it's dangerous...morons.

Cheers folks.

JillC LI

Four miles last night at 9:27 pace finishing strong which is faster than I ran 5K last year and finished all breathless! This training plan is definitely working.

Me too. My mom keeps saying that I should try. I wouldnt take on that training commitment right now with very small kids. That isnt fair. When they are older, maybe. It isnt about the B for me, it is about personal goals. That might come into focus one day... but not right now.

I know what you mean. When I finished the NYC Marathon I was all fired up to run another marathon soon. And then I thought about all the sacrifices my family had made and all the babysitting favors I'd had to call in to train properly, and I felt it wasn't fair to do it again so soon with little kids. So I've stuck with the half-marathon distance and shorter since then. But someday when my kids are older............. and I'm thinking it'll probably be Disney's full next time.

joel_maxwell

I know what you mean. When I finished the NYC Marathon I was all fired up to run another marathon soon. And then I thought about all the sacrifices my family had made and all the babysitting favors I'd had to call in to train properly, and I felt it wasn't fair to do it again so soon with little kids. So I've stuck with the half-marathon distance and shorter since then. But someday when my kids are older............. and I'm thinking it'll probably be Disney's full next time.
If my morning 5am runs keep working out, then Ill try a Full again in February after this big trail run. I think everyone in my house will be cool with the only sacrifices are on Saturday morning with waiting for me to get home around 8ish from my long run.

We will see how my 4 month old is sleeping too. :lookaroun

AUPr8Hd

4 miles last night about minute per mile faster than Wednesday. :)

Rest day today before tomorrow's long run, 10 miles. Next week will be an easy week as I prepare for Wine&Dine. :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

4 miles this am for me. My first attempt at a tempo run. I usually run run really hard, or really easy, never in the same run. I made up my own rules today compared to the traditional kind (I guess)

Easy - 9.06
Faster - 8.27
Easy - 9.34
Faster- 8.04

I was a bit warm and muggy this am. I would like to see these get much faster as winter approaches.

9 miles in the am. :D

fmingo36

21.11 miles this morning.
Getting back to the push-ups as well.

Side note: NJ trail series is having issues with getting the permits for the ultra in March. Stupid town says, "endurance sports, like ultrarunning, is dangerous," and they won't support it. No ____-t it's dangerous...morons.

Cheers folks.

Is this the same one you did last year? They approved it last year but won't this year...!?!?!

fmingo36

Did an easy 3 miles last night. Humidity was through the roof. Coached U6 soccer game in my NB Minimus for an hour about 2 hours before the run. So, my legs weren't "fresh"

Hope the humidity for Wine & Dine is a little more bearable :ROFLOL:

Last year the W&D was definitely muggy but it could have been worse.

scorp111

8 miles at 9:17 per mile....

First Long Sleeve run of the year at home :)
Was just trying for a steady eight (was thinking close to 10 Min miles), and I will consider it accomplished. Pushed a little to get the last mile sub nine.
Splits:
1 9:11.1
2 9:22.2
3 9:06.3
4 9:27.8
5 9:15.8
6 9:29.0
7 9:32.6
8 8:55.3
5 more miles like this next Saturday and I will have a PR in the half (but would miss sub 2 hours).
17 miles tomorrow morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom